MAC Cosmetics Pleat- 3 Peach Lips-Holiday 2006

MAC Strapless swatch

3.5

on 7/5/2013 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Part of the MAC 2006 Holiday Collection called Formal Black. This particular lip set was called Pleat, and included 3 peach lip colors: Ramblin Rose frost lipstick, Strapless lustre lipstick, and a mini tube of Enchantress lipglass. Strapless has not been released outside the 2006 Holiday Collection, and has never been for individual sale. The mini Enchantress lipglass had a lace pattern on the tube.

I purchased this set in 2006 mainly to replace my tube of Ramblin Rose, and to try Enchantress. I liked both of those colors very much. Strapless was new and part of the set, so I was willing to try it.

Strapless is a strange color. Sheer raisin berry with gold flecks. You can't build up the color because it is a lustre, so it wears more like a non-sticky lipglass. It doesn't last on the lips, I am constantly having to reapply this lipstick every time I wear it, and it's nearly invisible beyond the iridescent gold flecks. It looks rich in the tube, but is very disappointing on the lips. Not very pigmented, and no color payoff.

The Pleat set came with a little black formal bag. I uploaded a photo of the entire set, along with the little black formal bag. Overall it was an decent little gift set. Ramblin Rose is lovely, as is Enchantress. Strapless below average as a MAC lipstick. I'm not surprised they never released it for individual sale.

This is the peach holiday set for 2006 with Ramblin' Rose, Strapless (LE and not otherwise available) and Enchantress lipglass. I'll just review Strapless since there are zillions of reviews on the other two colors. Strapless is a sheer, sort of multifaceted shimmery browny red tone- reminds me of a lipstick version of Revlon's raisin glaze. It's gorgeous, and I basically bought the set for this shade.
The case is cute but small and I wouldn't use it- DD will get it for play. In general I think the sets are a ripoff of sorts. The lipsticks normally retail for $14 each but they used cheapo GWP type packaging (shiny thin plastic bullets) and the lipglass is teeny weeny (so you are basically paying $4 for a 10-use lipglass and cheesy teeny cosmetic bag.)