Max Factor Masterpiece Max

Max Factor Masterpiece Max
Masterpiece MaxMasterpiece MaxMasterpiece MaxMaxFactor Masterpiece mascaraMAXFACTOR MASTERPIECE MAX

4.1

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera, Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Lecithin, Oleic Acid, Alcohol, Glycerin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Myristic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, EDTA, Methylcellulose, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, [ /- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891]

on 3/5/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't seen Max Factor in 6 or 7 years and I thought it had been discontinued in the U.S. but low and behold here was this mascara. Was this the most amazing mascara I ever tried? No. But I enjoyed using it very much. I really loved the tapered brush because it allowed you to get every single lash including the inner and outer corners and the lower lash line. This mascara is very easy to apply too. Between the wonderful tapered brush and the not too wet not too dry formula I had complete control and no mascara got where I didn't want it to. An important quality for me in a mascara is its ability to hold a curl and this mascara definitely holds a curl beautifully and it lasts all day because the formula isn't too heavy or wet and therefore doesn't weigh the lashes down. I also like that this mascara leaves your lashes feeling soft almost like Maybelline Full N Soft mascara so there are no dry and brittle feeling lashes. This formula is not waterproof but I didn't notice any major smudging. This mascara claims to offer "high volume and definition" and it definitely defines and separates the lashes nicely without clumps but it doesn't do anything extraordinary in the way of volume. If you are looking for full high impact volume without too much clumping then I would recommend Super Sizer by Cover Girl which is my favorite volumizing mascara. All in all this mascara holds a curl, defines and separates the lashes, and has a nice brush design that makes it easy to apply. It may not offer anything super dramatic in the way of volume but I think it's a good everyday mascara and I would repurchase.

I thought I'd end up loving this, since I've heard nothing but great things about Max Factor's line of mascaras. Boy, was I ever wrong! This is one of the WORST mascaras I've ever used. Now, I have medium length eyelashes, but it takes a LOT of work to get them to look good. This mascara does not help my lashes one bit, in fact, it looks like I'm not even wearing any! This is after curling them with my brand new eyelash curler. I'll stick with my $5 "miracle in a tube" NYC Angel Lash mascara, thank you! Needless to say, I won't be spending a dime on Max Factor anymore.

on 12/7/2016 2:59:00 PM

During pregnancy, my lashes fall out and get stubby. It seems like almost every mascara I use makes my lashes clump together too. I recently heard a lot of good things about this mascara and gave it a go. IT IS AMAZING! My lashes stay curled all day plus look longer and fuller with no flaking or smudging. I'm so glad I tried this out before resorting to other HE options.

on 11/11/2016 3:57:00 PM

I am really demanding with mascaras because I have naturally long eyelashes,so I want one which emphasize the length,gives volume and holds the curl al day.This mascara does a really good work with all of these.plus,it is really easy to remove it from your eyes.it is not the best mascara I've ever tried(I have tried better high end mascaras)but it is definately the best drugstore mascara I have tried(and I have tried a lot!)

on 10/30/2016 10:42:00 AM

I was soooo excited to see this at Target! I have missed Max Factor products ever since they left the US years ago. I especially loved their waterproof mascaras, so imagine my joy upon seeing this (which according to the display is a LTD time offering, but who know...?)

I purchased the water resistant (there was no waterproof option). I have mixed emotions:

1. readily available (for now) at Target for cheap :)
2. velvet black is a super dark black :)
3. love the brush :)
4. formula is WET = can very easily migrate all over my eyes unless CAREFULLY applied
5. once dry it doesn't budge...until I put in eye drops or saline for my contacts = smudge city...= NOT water resistant! :(

Will I re-purchase? Unfortunately, not this version....:(

on 9/25/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily hooded lids. My biggest problem with mascaras is usually smudging. I bought the waterproof version of this. My oh my, this is good. Little smudging 18 hours later after a whole day at the theme park is a winner for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pleasantly surprised by this. While this does not give me a ton of volume, it is a very nice mascara in general and performs as well as and in some cases imho better than many mascaras double the price (this is currently roughly $10.00-$11.00USD).

What I first noticed about this was I get no clumping from this. No matter how many coats I apply, this does not clump. The wand I have mixed feelings for. While it is not a fat/thick wand, which I appreciate, this does have those kinds of bristles that can be a little painful to apply. Although I have had other similar mascaras with these types of bristles that were more painful to use. But because of the bristles you have to really be careful when applying. That said, this applies amazingly evenly. I really can't recall a mascara that applies as evenly for me as this does. This is a perfect shade of black, and can use one coat for an everyday look or build up the coats for a more dramatic look. This does take a few seconds to dry once applied, but nothing terrible. No transfer, no smudging, no flaking. A very nice mascara.

The only thing keeping me from giving this a full 5-star/5-lippie rating is that, again, I do not get a ton of volume, no matter how many coats I apply. On a scale of 1-10 for volume, I would rate this about a 7. While that is decent, the thing for me is that this is touted as a 'volume' mascara. When a mascara promises volume and even says volume on the tube, I expect more than a 7 out of 10 rating (imho/ime, of course, as always, ymmv). But otherwise this is a very nice mascara indeed. I cannot really find one major complaint. Wears comfortably and I even forget that I have mascara on, so it is not heavy nor drying feeling once applied. No irritations, nothing. Would repurchase!!

on 8/25/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this mascara!

I was so excited to see a MaxFactor display in Walmart since it's long been discontinued in the States! I bought both the waterproof and non-waterproof versions since I wasnt sure which I would like better or how long this mascara will be available.

I opted to try to waterproof version first and loved the results. The wand is incredibly easy to work with. It makes my lashes look almost like false lashes would. Long and thick without the clumpiness of other mascaras.

The downside is that within a few hours of wear, it had smuged below my lower lashes.

This was easily fixed by my holy grail product for mascaras that I love the look of but fail in terms of wearability: Bare Minerals "Locked and Coated" waterproofer ($12 at ulta). Its a clear gel-like formula that comes on a soft, short-bristled wand that you paint over your mascara. It has zero affect on the look of the mascara since the bristles merely apply the product, they dont comb through your lashes. Makes this mascara wear for 16+ hours and look as it did when first applied. I recommend this mascara, and HIGHLY recommend Locked and Coated for anyone who has a mascara they love but cant rely on for all day wear!

on 4/15/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not too much to say about this mascara that hasn't been said. It's one of those very rare mascaras that actually does what it claims. It's a good true black , makes lashes look longer and thicker. And for half the price of any high end mascara that actually works. Brilliant.

on 3/3/2016 2:15:00 AM

I received mine in a sample Box from Bellabox.

I like the wand, and it's plastic bristles. There's something about it that makes the formula spread more evenly.

The formula is great if not a little thin. I was using it daily, but I want a little more volume. At this point it's my base mascara, or if I'm just looking for length.

It doesn't clump, doesn't run in sweat, or fleck on my cheeks through out the day.