ModelCo Magic Water

No Image

on 3/28/2007 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I rarely purchase eyeliners as they don't come in the colour I want (I prefer extremely vibrant/glittery colours). I normally doubles my eyeshadows as a liner using a liner brush. This can be easily achieved as long as your shadow comes in a powder form, with big particles with really intense and vibrant colour.

However, the above technique doesn't apply to glitters. You simply can't dip a liner brush into glitters and apply them as liner. You'll need something to hold them together and this is exactly what this product does.

I bought this solely for my glitters and it truly works like wonders ! I have doubts when I bought this even the SA tried it on their shadows and it works ok, I'm not so sure if it would work the same for my glitter collection which comes in different shapes and textures.

I've tried it when I got home and it works. The only thing is like I've mentioned before, it works better on certain sizes/textures and not as good on others. Greatly depends on the colour of the glitters as well. Overall its a very very creative yet practical product.

Other than the magic water itself, it also comes with a little dish for mixing and a brush. I don't use the mixer and I use my own brush so I can't commment for that. I simply stick the hairy part of the brush into the opening of the bottle, squeeze a tiny amount of water to wet the brush, squeeze off excess by pressing the brush against the side of the mouth of the bottle. As all of my shadows/glitters comes in powder form so I put a small amount of shadow/glitters on the lid then dip the brush in there. As the SA told me not to dip directly onto the shadow as it would change its colour. So this application may only work for those dealing with powder shadows. Those with pressed products may have to use the mixing dish.

The package is really nice, and product stays put throuought the day. Definitely will repurchase !!!!!!! Very innovative product someone should have launched it earlier !!! It gives us so much more variety and variation to our makeup !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product transforms your eyeshadows and pigments into liquid eyeliner.

The packaging is lovely. It comes in a pink box with a magnetised lid, with a ribbon as a hinge. Inside, there is a bottle of magic water, a mini eyeliner brush and a cute little ceramic mixing dish (approx 1x1 inch) with 2 sides, all lying in a moulded velvety lining.

First, you put a drop of magic water into one side of the dish, and a tiny amount of pigment/shadow in the other. I was able to carefully scrape a tiny amount of my stila ebony shadow using the liner end of my Stila #16 brush without putting noticable scratches in the shadow's surface. You coudl also use the head of a bobby pin if you are using a shadow you don't care so much about wrecking.

Then, you dip the lines brush in the magic water, and start mixing it into the powder. This creates a liquid liner, which you apply like any other. The liner brush that comes with the pack is very precise and does an excellent job.

The liner brush has white bristles, which would be better if coloured black or brown, as they are easily stained once used. Also, the whole process is a bit fiddly, so it's probably not going to be feasible to use every day. But it would be great for special occasions. The SA also told me no not use the magic water directly on my shadows, as it makes the suface of the shadow change.

Overall, this is a great product, which is useful and has the bonus of pretty and functional packaging.