Urban Decay Sparkler Pen in Dynamite

Urban Decay Sparkler Pen in Dynamite

3.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/30/2010 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was super excited to see this product on sale at TJMaxx for 2 dollars. I really was intrigued by the blue color to this and thought I had to try it.
I got home and after spending 5 mins trying to get the product out of the dumb little twitsy thing, I finally got the color.
Its a glittery blue reflects color that smells like blue raspberry. I found that it dried my lips and tasted like wax.
Its not too gritty but its not smooth.
The packaging is horrid. I HATE twisty lip glosses with a passion.
Overall this is a forgettable product. Its not the worst thing I ever used, but its not a good product.

on 8/18/2009 6:14:00 PM

I'm a lipgloss junkie. I absolutely love lip glosses and was really excited to try this product since I saw it at TJ Maxx on clearance for only $2.00. Once i got it and tried it on, I was really disappointed. It's so thick and feels disgusting on your lips. Also, the glitter ends up in my mouth occasionally and it feels like I'm eating sand. I used Lorac's mocktail lip glosses and they were full of glitter but never had this kind of thing happen, (my fav lip glosses) Also, each time you use it, it takes several spin to get the product out and each time you use it, it seem to use a lot of it. Not impressed at all...

This is great! I got it at Marshall's for 3.99. It's a light blue with silver/iridescent sparkles, and the flavor is just like a blue raspberry icee. I don't get any gritty feeling from this gloss, it's smooth as ice to me.
I'm not a fan of wands though, and this needs to be reapplied after an hour or so, especially if you're out on the town. It's coverage is light and more shiny than sparkly-which is good for me. Most UD lip products make me look like a cheap hooker :/ Not this one, I'll be back to buy one the three they had left!

I was pleasantly surprised at the lovely blue sparkles and the delicious smell of Urban Decay's Lip Sparkler in Dynamite.

But very dissapointed that it lasts on your lips less than an hour and so very little comes in the little tube. I've used it only a few times and it already looks like I'm going to be out soon.

Won't buy this product again.

I actually really like the concept of the Sparkler Pens that Urban Decay came out with, but this one was just so-so. The scent and taste are very good: sweet blueberry. I'm not a fan of blueberries by any means, but I really liked the scent/taste of this product. It's a clear blue with iridescent sparkles. The result on my lips was a very pretty, shiny gloss with lots and lots of gritty glitter. >_< That was the only downpoint. That, and it got on everything else I put my lips on: my water bottle, my pen, my boyfriend's forehead... Not good. I have purchased all of the colors of this but this one would not be a repurchase.

on 4/26/2007 7:14:00 PM

The Dynamite pen was great! The gloss goes on clear but leaves very pretty, blue glitter with an almost neon glow on your lips. Haven't seen anything else like it on the market.

Cons: You can feel the glitter as a very slight grittiness, but that didn't bother me. The gloss is also not very moisturizing. ETA: Removed one lippie because of the drying effect.

Pros: Pretty glitter and nice blueberry scent. Also really like the twist-n-click pen with the brush applicator.

There isn't a ton of product in the pen, but for me that's a plus because I like to use things up.

on 12/12/2006 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I loved this pen. The color was a sheer blue and went on with a pretty shine. The flimsy bristles at the end got a bit irritating and I would have preferred a sponge applicator, but these did fine. There wasn't a real amount of glitter to the product, so it was good over lipstick. I'm not a fan of tacky and sticky glosses, so I really liked how this didn't feel like I was going to stick to my hair if I let it down. I really love the Sparkler Pens. The scent itself wasn't overwhelming, but there was a gentle hint of blueberry. See if you can scout one out for yourself, because its a great buy.