no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Update: Just wanted to let everyone know that Perfect Veil by Creative Scentualizations is pretty much a dead ringer for Opal. I think it may even have been the scent that inspired Opal. Same bergamot, musk, woods. Original Review: I am basing this review on the sample that I had, which came from 2006-2007. Sadly, the sample is empty now, all used up. It is very rare for me to use up a sample of anything, much less a full bottle, but I did use up Opal. In fact it's been used up for many years, but I can still remember how it smelled: just a hint of smooth, bitter, lemony citrus against a backdrop of very subtly sweet & woody musk. It was just perfect! And now it's unavailable. I'm kicking myself for not buying a bottle when I had the chance. Laurie, please bring it back. I've heard that one of the ingredients is no longer available, but...can't you get this ingredient from a different supplier? A lot of sad people are really missing this fragrance.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

Opal is a friendly and somewhat passive fragrance that smells pleasantly, conservatively floral, like a scented Kotex. Nothing offensive or challenging here, just smooth, easy musks and well blended vanilla. Nice for the office, or one of those big, new churches. Virginal.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I love this stuff! It's so very smooth and snuggly. I'm on my 3rd bottle and I haven't bought a 3rd bottle of anything since the 'fume journey began. Mind you for me that's only been a year~but what a year! It's just so versatile. Wearing it alone is so easy, but so is layering it. I can't tell you how many fragrances I'll spritze this over to warm them up a bit. Yes, it's similar to Perfect Veil, AL Nude Musk, and Sage Pearl. It's my fave by far. It has the warmth w/out being as sweet. It's a bit more sophisticated as it has a touch more woods. It is a glorious skin scent that draws many compliments. It's never overdone and yet lasts for hours.The only place that I wouldn't consider it appropriate would be out clubbing. Romance, mom stuff, office, home sick....just home, PTA meeting, any school function~I could go on and on. This is one of my best fragrance friends. May I never be w/out it........

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

Nice smooth vanilla musk, but so like Ava Luxe's Nude Musk that I have trouble differentiating. There are powdery make-up type notes that I love, but in the end it's very simple. That's not a problem, but I have a million simple musk scents, so this one will wait a little while until I work through the others. THEN I will try to buy it and find out it's been discontinued....

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

11 years ago

Sweet musk with a powdery/floral note. Just not for me.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairRed

12 years ago

Opal is an honest, gentle little musky/floral perfume. Within 5 minutes of spritzing, it comfortably melted into my skin and felt like it belonged there. A bit further into testing, I got faint coconut and vanilla notes which were delightful. At this low price level, I'm astonished at how delicate and well made Opal is. This will definitely be part of my perfume collection for years to come. Per the Sonoma Scent Studio's website, here are the notes of Opal: sandalwood, vanilla, musk, bergamot, and ambrette.

About reviewer (291 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

Beautiful! Smells more like Perfect Veil than Sage Pearl on me, but, since those are two of my favorite fragrances, I'm thrilled with Opal. Opal is warm, not too sweet, and slightly fresh, making it a bright, happy skin scent. Sonoma Scent Studio's fragrances are ingenious, and thoroughly wonderful.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

12 years ago

I am reviewing this scent based on the 20% Shea butter cream. It is a great skin scent, and as stated in other reviews is comparable to the likes of Perfect Veil, Sage Pearl, etc.. I haven't tested Perfect Veil in a while, but this seems to have a slightly more prominent sandalwood note IMO. It makes the perfect lotion since pretty much any fragrance I own can be layered over it. It doesn't hurt that the quality of the lotion is amazing - very light, absorbs quickly and leaves skin silky. I hate using body lotions and creams that compete with the fragrance I want to wear, so this is perfect. Highly recommended! I am going to start ordering this cream in bulk. While I think I prefer Perfect Veil in perfume form, this lotion is a more affordable option for buying the body cream. I also think it is great to support the indie brands, and the customer service is fantastic.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

If you like perfect veil, or egyptian goddess, or Ava luxe nude mask, you must, must try this. It is perfect veil but better. It is Egyptian goddess in an edp form. It is nude musk without the wierd note it develops on me. It is sweet, creamy musk that is a total your skin but better scent, a 'you smell so good', but not a 'what are you wearing' scent. Excellent, if you are in the market for such an item. Unsurpassed, and I say this after testing musks from ava luxe, attar bazaar, auric blends, kuumba made, the body shop, body time, and nemat oils. I should have just bought this one, and saved myself all that time and money. The only thing I like as much is my LV musk, and that is waaaaay more expensive, and a totally different animal to boot. This is perfect.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

Soft, mildly-sweet, clean musk with a shot of brightness from the bergamot. Even though it's quite soft, it's definitely there and lasts a lot longer than I expected . I get whiffs of it on and off throughout the day, which is very comforting.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral