Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix

3.7

Aqua (Water) Methyl Propanediol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), Chitosan Succinamide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

I like how this spray makes my make up look well-blended and fresh all day. Most days I just use Bare Minerals matte foundation powder (over moisturizer and Becca pore less priming perfector) and then a little bit of blush and this spray sets everything beautifully. Like other reviewers have written, it is not easy to control the amount with the spray nozzle. It will take some practice to figure out how far you need to have it away from your face so you don't end up with big droplets. Some days when my face ends up a bit too wet, I just stand in front of a fan and it dries in no time and my makeup still looks great. A sales person at Sephora did say this works well with power products (so perfect for Bare Minerals) but I have tried this on Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and it worked well too. As for how it affects my makeup's staying power, it does a good job BUT I have learned that there is a big difference between a setting spray and a finishing spray. Setting sprays make your base and blush and eye shadow sort of "weave" together like a veil while finishing sprays are meant to help your make up stay put. This product is more a setting spray rather than a finishing spray. If I need my make up to hold up through a long day, I find that it works best to spritz UD all-nighter spray on top of MUFE mist and fix. I will likely re-purchase this spray.

Doesn't do the job. My makeup still slides after I literally douse my face in this setting spray. I hate the nasty hairspray/saliva smell that it has. Save your money!

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Does the job. I have oily skin and after a long day my makeup looks pretty decent. Only downside is that when you spray it it smells like rotten eggs or something. Scent goes away after a few seconds. So I just hold my breath when I spray. And the spray does not spray evenly like a mist should. Otherwise good product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am actually using this because my mom got it from her friend and she doesn't use it (so why waste it!?) - So I am not sure about the price because I haven't checked it yet.

This is my first ever finishing mist so I don't have much knowledge about this particular product. But here's some of my pros and cons about this product:

pros:
- Makes my face dewy & glowy
- Makes my face make up looks well blended
- Helps my make up stays fresh longer
- It doesn't break me out (I have insensitive skin, though :) )

cons :
- Smells chemically
- The packaging is not very good.
- The spray makes more of a big water droplets rather than a mist.

Will buy again until I found a better finishing mist !

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm on my second little bottle. Can't finish my makeup without it! I used to use the UD All nighter then switched to this when they had a shortage recently. Makes cakey foundation look more natural and glowy. The look made me feel kind of uncertain at first, but give it 15 minutes to settle in and then my makeup looks much more soft and unified. adds a lot of shine to the skin, so those who don't like that look should stay away from this. Feels slightly sticky at first though, but that feeling goes away. However I don't like the way it sprays, the spray could be finer and mist-like for a more even coverage.

Mmmno. I got the small size of this because they were out of UD All Nghter. It's ok, but not brilliant. The spray is not fine enough and I end up with a wet face. I solve that by briefly using a hair dryer on low and cool.

I've tried several other brands of setting sprays, and while some were not bad, the only one I really like is All Nighter. That one works SO well for me. I like it better than the De-Slick on my oily but mature skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this spray solely because it's the only one I've tried - haha! I'll eventually venture out to try something else but for now, I like this. I bought the travel size. It does a great job of setting my make up, keeping it put and giving me a dewy look but still matte (if that makes sense). My face doesn't feel tight after using it nor does my make up feel like a mask. My only issue is the packaging. A LOT of spray comes out and you can't spray it directly on your face or else it will look like you just came out of the shower. I prefer to spray it on my face from as far back as my arms will allow and then walk into it so that I still get a lot of the product on but I'm left without a wet face - though, I will say, the few times that's happened, it's dried quickly and still left a beautiful finish, so.... it's just a matter of preference, I guess.

I don't use it every day and only when I do a full face, so the travel size will last me awhile but it's an expensive item. I'll repurchase again, but only if I try something else and it doesn't work as well if not better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

For some reason this summer there was a huge shortage of the Urban Decay All Nighter spray, I was later told there was a production issue as well as, the fact Toronto was super humid this year. I was recommended to try Mist and Fix by a MA.
It has a very strong scent, not a pleasant one for someone like me who does not wear perfume. Unlike the UD spray, you definitely should hold the spray at least arms length because then it won't make your face look wet and take forever to dry. It does not prevent my face from becoming oily and over time broke my skin out. I recently removed it from my daily routine and my skin cleared up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample set in a 30 ml size and it lasted a really really long time, so that's good. However, I'm not a fan of the spray itself, it sprays big water bit everywhere on my face and it makes me wet. Like not spray wet, but shower wet lol.

Moreover, it doesn't not make my skin hold the makeup faster, and also it makes me look oily, so this is not the makeup spray for me. I really prefer Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray.

I used to use the Urban Decay Chill setting spray, but even though I had dry skin it tended to leave me really shiny. I also tried the All-Nighter I sometimes get a kind of dry/rough texture to my skin after applying foundation but this helps give my makeup a more smooth/even finish without making me look oily. I also think it does a much better job of making my makeup last longer than the Urban Decay did.

Popular Treatments (Face)