E.L.F. Luscious Liquid Lipstick - ALL

image 1image 2image 3image 4

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/8/2016 1:25:00 AM

If you are looking for a high quality long lasting 8 hour lipstick this product probably isn't for you. If you are looking for a decent, non sticky, lip gloss to throw in your purchase or gym bag for easy on the go application I would recommend this product. They are definitely worth the $1.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like the consistency of these. They do not feel cheap and are not sticky.
They do not have the best lasting power but many don't anyway. For the price you can't go wrong. I wish they would make more shades and sell more in the stores.

To Read all 123 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love it! it isnt exactly a lip stick, more of a thick gloss. I like it because its cheap, not too dark, and it isnt sticky.

on 4/3/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got the Strawberry shade because hey, one dollar and I like liquid lipsticks. Well, it turns out this isn't actually a lipstick whatsoever. It may be liquid but don't expect anything even near a lipstick.

The coverage is super sheer and shiny, therefore it's a lipgloss. A creamy lipgloss, which is still better than most cheap drugstore lipglosses, but it's advertised as a lipstick. Maybe if I got a darker shade I might see some actual color, but Strawberry is really just a gloss.

Staying power is just as bad as any cheap gloss, so it may last an hour.. maybe. It also has a mint scent, which tingles on the lips quite a lot. If you apply more to get more color, you're also gonna get a lot of uncomfortable tingling.

If you plan on buying this solely because it's for $1 and you can deal with the tingling sensation, buy a darker shade and don't expect a lipstick.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

ELF lip products are some of my favorites. I often receive them as gifts and stocking stuffers, and have acquired a pretty large collection of their various colors and formulas. The luscious liquid lipsticks are, in truth, more gloss than lip stick. While many of them provide a tint of color, they are very sheer and wearable for most anyone. I have Maple Sugar, Bark, Brownie Points, Ruby Slipper, Pink Lemonade, Cherry Tart, Raspberry, Nude Pink, Baby Lips, and Perfect Pink. My favorites are Ruby Slipper (sheer red with gold shimmer), Pink Lemonade (a slightly pinker YLBB), Maple Sugar, Bark, and Brownie Points (all very similar, slightly darker YLBB shades). Perfect Pink and Nude Pink are both a little too light/pink for me if put on too thick, but a light, single layer adds gloss without the color. They have a twist up pen-sized applicator with a sponge tip (side note: I've never had a problem with the tip getting funky, as other reviewers have mentioned), and the smell is not my favorite - a strong mint with something else, enough to dock a lippie. Still, at $1 a piece, I'll definitely be reordering my favorites (I'm looking at you, Ruby Slipper!), probably several times over.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was OK. It says lipstick on the packaging but it isn't pigmented enough to be a lipstick, its more like a thick lip gloss. I actually liked the thickness of this, but I can see how some might not. It has a minty scent and taste which I liked as well. Overall would repurchase as a gloss in maybe a dark shade so I could get at least some pigmentation out of it.

on 7/13/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I see these more as a sheer gloss than as a lipstick, but for the price I find them very good (especially as Iíve only ever bought them in half-price sales).

Lasting power is so-so and youíll definitely need to reapply after eating, but I donít find them too bad for a gloss and Iíve had much worse. They also are quite comfortable on the lip and not too tacky.

I quite like to layer them over an actual lipstick applied lightly as a stain to improve lasting power. Raspberry is my favourite one, and it works well over a sheer application of MAC Russian red (applied with a brush), to get a red-lipped look thatís not too Ďin your faceí.

I bought #2121 Strawberry for a dollar. I did not like upon aplication how sticky it felt to me, it is very slimy and uneven when I applied it. The color is alright, a sheer pinkish-red, but I do not like the formula. Perhaps it is just this shade or something but I am not enthused to go try any other of these liquid lipsticks. I do find the packaging fun though.

on 3/14/2014 6:44:00 PM

Many E.L.F. products are on the cheap side, and have poor pigmentation, texture, or wear. This stuff, however, is fantastic! I tried it on a whim and fell in love. I have several colors and duplicates, so I can keep a few with me. ONLY $1 each!!!
Although the name says lipstick, the texture is a gloss. But not a sticky gloss...it actually feels good to me, and has a nice scent/taste. The only con to me is that they have so little product in them, they don't last long.

on 1/19/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE these lipsticks! Great pigmentation. Very creamy and smooth. Some have scent and some feel minty! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Only downside is they have short lasting power, so need to re-apply every hour. BUTTT it's 1 dollar so common!!!

Check out my youtube review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo