e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/2/2008 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the 5 pack of Angel, Malt Shake, Pink Kiss, Watermelon and Candlelight at my local Mandee store for $5. Was I excited! I had read so much about E.L.F., and couldn't wait to try it.
Despite the claim on the package that these glosses are "never sticky", I have to disagree. They might want to rename these, "Super Sticky Lip Shine". They are indeed sticky and there's no getting around that.
However, these are great lipglosses. They smell yummy and are nicely pigmented. For $1 a pop it's hard to find fault with them.

I love this gloss so much. Its cheap, the colors are nice (nothing special tho) and the scent doesn't bother me. And the spf is a huge plus!
So why the low rating? The packaging sucks! I have probably purchased about 6 different tubes and they ALL have come apart at the base of the screw on top. EVERY one. So I am left with a leaky mess. I may try to trandfer these into pots but I really despise having to use my finger to put on gloss. Sigh...these were so SO close to HG status but the packaging renders them unusable. I even got the company. I would gladly pay a buck or two more for these if they didn't fall apart. Did no one else have this experience??