E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have 14 or 15 of these puppies, all in different shades, acquired through gifts at holidays and birthdays, as well as through my own ELF orders placed online. I'm still missing Strawberry, Pink Pop, and Party Peach, but will definitely be purchasing them soon (if only I could repurchase Mauve Luxe as well!). I've been a fan of Super Glossy Lip Shines for years. Are they my all-time favorite gloss? No, but they're amazing nonetheless. At $1 a pop, collecting them is easy, and ELF often comes out with holiday sets of 3-5 of them. Many of the shades are surprisingly pigmented - New York City, a gorgeous red, is probably the most pigmented one I own, and Goddess is reminiscent of Lancome's Juicy Tubes shade in Simmer or L'Oreal's ColourJuice shade in Strawberry Smoothie. The tubes provide a generous amount of .35 oz, and the more pigmented shades seem to last longer on the lips than the clearer sparkly shades (at least for me). I used to have several tubes of Mauve Luxe, a gorgeous browny-mauve shade, but alas, they're all used up! Super Glossy Lip Shines come in a squeeze tube with a slightly-rounded slant-tip applicator. The tube itself is somewhat flimsy - my tube of Mango Madness got a hole poked in it by the bottom of another tube of lip gloss - and the applicator can get gloss on the sides while applying, but again, they're only $1. The gloss is about average in thickness and stickiness - not as thin as a liquid lip smacker and not as thick as a MAC Lipglass. They all have the same fragrance - a creamy grape scent - which I enjoy but others may not. Lastly, if looking to purchase from the website, be sure to check the sale page as well - glosses that will be discontinued will be on that page at a discounted price, as opposed to with the other Super Glossy Lip Shines.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own about 10 of these babies, lol! I really do like these lipglosses. I did just check the ELF website and these are on sale so I'm not sure if they're discontinuing this line or not, I hope they don't though :(.

I like that there is a wide range of shades, some of them are sheer, sparkly, creamy, pigmented. My favorites are watermelon (natural lip shade with some sparkle), juiced berry (sheer berry shade with sparkle) and some other ones that are now discontinued (booooo).

The formula is nice. It feels nice and moisturizing on the lips. It's not fantastic and these don't last all day on your lips, but they're easy to reapply on if you need to. Like the name states, these are a glossy finish.

If you are purchasing from the ELF website, I would not trust the swatches they have there. Some of the swatches are completely misleading, if possible google the color name and see if you can find a swatch online elsewhere for accuracy.

Overall I really like these lipglosses, I would recommend them if you are looking for some inexpensive lipglosses with a nice range of shades to choose from.

on 12/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For $1, you can't beat these. They're a nice texture, not too sticky, but not too thin or watery. Squeeze tube applicator instead of the dreaded doe-foot that gets gunked up. Most have SPF. Fruity fragrance, wide variety of fun colors. Not the best quality lip gloss on the market, but for $1 you really cannot beat these, and they easily compare with mid-range drugstore brands. I have several of these for when I travel, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 10/22/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up "Pink Umbrellas" at my local Target. ELF Super glossy Lip Shine (whew that's a mouthful) comes in a .35 oz. plastic squeeze tube. The packaging on my tube actually split along the top, letting the gloss ooze out. Overall, I'm not really impressed with this lip gloss. The pigmentation is verrrry slight, there's way more glitter than I would prefer, and the gloss formula feels very sticky on the lips. It's only $1 so if you want to try it out for yourself it won't set you back much. However, even with the low price, I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product in Mauve Luxe and a lighter peachy shade and have tried them out a few times. Entirely too sticky to suit me, so I'm about to offer my tubes up for swap.

on 6/18/2013 10:23:00 AM

I received my very first Glossy a week ago and have been using it since that time. My thoughts:

Consistency: Sticky, but not unbearably so. I don't typically like sticky glosses, but this one is okay. Staying power is good.

Smell/taste: I loathe scented lip glosses. This one IS scented, but it's very mild which pleases me. I can live with it.

Coverage: Surprisingly pigmented. This is not a sheer gloss on me, but more like a light lipstick.

Packaging: Like any other squeeze gloss with a slanted tip. Not my fav (I prefer sponge tip), but not bad. Easy to control the amount dispensed.

This is a lovely gloss and I definitely repurchase. Price does not make or break a product for me, so while I love the low pricetag, I judge it based on it's performance not price. Absolutely worth a try.

on 10/19/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these glosses. So far, I only have it in Watermelon, but the color is so subtle that it definitely gives a MLBB effect with loads of shine. The texture is thick and sticky which I prefer because a. it lasts a long time and b. it doesn't feather and settle into the fine lines around my mouth which can result in that revolting grease-mouth look that I despise.
Also, I find that when I remove this gloss, my lips are unbelievably smooth and plump. This gloss is ridiculously moisturizing compared to others that I've used.
I like squeeze tubes because it's less hassle and I can depot it pretty easily once I get to the end (just cut the tube in half and use a small plastic spatula to get the goods out) and they are easier to find when digging blindly in my purse.
I actually rather like the scent/flavor.
And for $1, how can you go wrong? I've used some $20 glosses that weren't as fun to wear, so the price is a huge selling point.
The holiday gift boxes are out at Target now, so I'm going to pick up the 3-pack of these glosses (and a few other items, of course) and I'm sure I'll love them too. Looking forward to the clear glittery one!

on 9/3/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this lip gloss as a gift last year in clear. I'm not really a fan of lip glosses but this one I'm pretty fond of. Unlike a lot of drugstore lip glosses this on glides on smooth and doesn't leave my lips sticky. As stated previously, I don't like lip gloss but if you're a fan defiantly try it out. xx

on 6/5/2012 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Read some really good reviews, and for the price thought it was worth buying a few to see. I bought juiced berry and honeydew. Both of which on the website looked like coral/pink colours. However when I tried them both on there is NO colour payoff whatsoever! They just look like I'm wearing clear lipgloss! Very disappointing, the formula is very sticky and its got an artificial grape smell, which I don't mind but I can imagine some people must not like it. I also have maltshake, which i love the colour but it burns my lips. Would not bother wasting 1 on this, save your money and buy a better quality brand.

on 5/26/2011 5:56:00 PM

The gloss is purely clear gel. It doesn't have any color. It's really cheap and not that sticky but it is purely basically clear gel.