E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

2.5

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have 14 or 15 of these puppies, all in different shades, acquired through gifts at holidays and birthdays, as well as through my own ELF orders placed online. I'm still missing Strawberry, Pink Pop, and Party Peach, but will definitely be purchasing them soon (if only I could repurchase Mauve Luxe as well!). I've been a fan of Super Glossy Lip Shines for years. Are they my all-time favorite gloss? No, but they're amazing nonetheless. At $1 a pop, collecting them is easy, and ELF often comes out with holiday sets of 3-5 of them. Many of the shades are surprisingly pigmented - New York City, a gorgeous red, is probably the most pigmented one I own, and Goddess is reminiscent of Lancome's Juicy Tubes shade in Simmer or L'Oreal's ColourJuice shade in Strawberry Smoothie. The tubes provide a generous amount of .35 oz, and the more pigmented shades seem to last longer on the lips than the clearer sparkly shades (at least for me). I used to have several tubes of Mauve Luxe, a gorgeous browny-mauve shade, but alas, they're all used up! Super Glossy Lip Shines come in a squeeze tube with a slightly-rounded slant-tip applicator. The tube itself is somewhat flimsy - my tube of Mango Madness got a hole poked in it by the bottom of another tube of lip gloss - and the applicator can get gloss on the sides while applying, but again, they're only $1. The gloss is about average in thickness and stickiness - not as thin as a liquid lip smacker and not as thick as a MAC Lipglass. They all have the same fragrance - a creamy grape scent - which I enjoy but others may not. Lastly, if looking to purchase from the website, be sure to check the sale page as well - glosses that will be discontinued will be on that page at a discounted price, as opposed to with the other Super Glossy Lip Shines.

on 10/22/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up "Pink Umbrellas" at my local Target. ELF Super glossy Lip Shine (whew that's a mouthful) comes in a .35 oz. plastic squeeze tube. The packaging on my tube actually split along the top, letting the gloss ooze out. Overall, I'm not really impressed with this lip gloss. The pigmentation is verrrry slight, there's way more glitter than I would prefer, and the gloss formula feels very sticky on the lips. It's only $1 so if you want to try it out for yourself it won't set you back much. However, even with the low price, I will not be repurchasing.

on 7/19/2011 2:37:00 PM

i think i own this stuff in every color. yes, they are sheer. yes, they are a bit sticky. And yes, they are $1.00 (or less). I don't expect much because I'm not paying an arm and a leg for them, but for an insanely cheap gloss, they are good.

I hate the packaging though. I have learned that you only have to squeeze the tiniest bit in order to get the product out, otherwise you'll end up with a huge glob on your lips. I like to layer these underneath my lipstick for a sheerer look. They also make my lips look very plump and sexy. :P

Ick, I did not like this. I got it in "goddess," which was a pretty color, but the smell was just so overwhelming. I'm usually not too picky about fruity-smelling lip glosses, but this one smelled like really cheap, artificial grape. It was so strong that my entire makeup bag smelled like it. I thought I could get over the smell at first, but I just couldn't. The smell doesn't fade once you put it on your lips, either. I wanted to like this, but I ended up throwing it out after a couple of days. If you're looking for a good e.l.f. gloss, I would recommend the liquid lipsticks over these. At least those have a subtle vanilla-mint smell, but that's just my opinion.

I got this at Target in a set of 3 (Nashville, Miami, and Boston). LOVE them all! They are my favorite lip glosses.
Nashville is a light peachy pink, Miami is a bit darker with a little more brown. And Boston is a reddish bronze. Nashville is goes on sheer, Boston is more pigmented, and Miami is almost the same color as my natural lip color so I can't really tell.
They're all very shiny and they last pretty long on me if I try not to constantly press my lips together (which takes off pretty much any type of lip gloss if I do it enough). I'm used to the stickiness of most lip glosses so to me, this really isn't that sticky. It's just thick but that doesn't bother me. The grapey smell doesn't bother me either, since I like fruity scents.
Price: $1 each
I've ordered 5 more colors from elf's website that are on their way.

I have this in Angel, and i hate it. It's so thin, and sticky. It gets everywhere, and the glitters get stuck on my lips. It smells horrible too, but what do you expect when its only a dollar?

on 3/10/2009 7:01:00 AM

I liked these at first - the product applied nicely without being sticky. The pigmentation was there, and as long as you didn't apply a whole lot it looked really nice and the colors are really pretty. The scent wasn't the best ever (like a sugar orange or something) but I could manage. But after the while, after the scent permeated through everything I own, I got really sick of it. I HATED smelling it under my lips and it gave me a headache. And I have the tendency to eat everything off of my lips, so I hated the taste even more. If you can handle the awful scent/taste, go for it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i HATE this lip gloss with a passion!!!
i have the clear one
it's super shiny but it's a nasty kind of sticky plus
it tastes like plastic

it's so horrible that i threw it away