E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color is pretty enough and I like that it's SPF 15 and it's cheap enough. It's, however, WAY too gloppy and thick. I keep this in my little makeup bag that runs around with me in my purse, but it's always my last resort when I don't have any chapstick with me. I will either finally use it up or finally throw it out, but there's got to be something better than this even at this price.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have 14 or 15 of these puppies, all in different shades, acquired through gifts at holidays and birthdays, as well as through my own ELF orders placed online. I'm still missing Strawberry, Pink Pop, and Party Peach, but will definitely be purchasing them soon (if only I could repurchase Mauve Luxe as well!). I've been a fan of Super Glossy Lip Shines for years. Are they my all-time favorite gloss? No, but they're amazing nonetheless. At $1 a pop, collecting them is easy, and ELF often comes out with holiday sets of 3-5 of them. Many of the shades are surprisingly pigmented - New York City, a gorgeous red, is probably the most pigmented one I own, and Goddess is reminiscent of Lancome's Juicy Tubes shade in Simmer or L'Oreal's ColourJuice shade in Strawberry Smoothie. The tubes provide a generous amount of .35 oz, and the more pigmented shades seem to last longer on the lips than the clearer sparkly shades (at least for me). I used to have several tubes of Mauve Luxe, a gorgeous browny-mauve shade, but alas, they're all used up! Super Glossy Lip Shines come in a squeeze tube with a slightly-rounded slant-tip applicator. The tube itself is somewhat flimsy - my tube of Mango Madness got a hole poked in it by the bottom of another tube of lip gloss - and the applicator can get gloss on the sides while applying, but again, they're only $1. The gloss is about average in thickness and stickiness - not as thin as a liquid lip smacker and not as thick as a MAC Lipglass. They all have the same fragrance - a creamy grape scent - which I enjoy but others may not. Lastly, if looking to purchase from the website, be sure to check the sale page as well - glosses that will be discontinued will be on that page at a discounted price, as opposed to with the other Super Glossy Lip Shines.

on 11/7/2012 12:20:00 AM

Goes on soft, not sticky, which for me is a lip gloss must. The colors are nice it's super cheap and smells pretty good.

Currently this is my favorite lip gloss. The only other one that makes me as happy is Alba Botanica Terragloss.

on 5/26/2011 5:56:00 PM

The gloss is purely clear gel. It doesn't have any color. It's really cheap and not that sticky but it is purely basically clear gel.

Ick, I did not like this. I got it in "goddess," which was a pretty color, but the smell was just so overwhelming. I'm usually not too picky about fruity-smelling lip glosses, but this one smelled like really cheap, artificial grape. It was so strong that my entire makeup bag smelled like it. I thought I could get over the smell at first, but I just couldn't. The smell doesn't fade once you put it on your lips, either. I wanted to like this, but I ended up throwing it out after a couple of days. If you're looking for a good e.l.f. gloss, I would recommend the liquid lipsticks over these. At least those have a subtle vanilla-mint smell, but that's just my opinion.

on 3/13/2010 5:13:00 AM

I really like this lip gloss - I'm not a lip gloss expert and haven't tried any HE ones, and truthfully, never got the lip gloss thing before - the lip glosses I had purchased in the past were not great I guess. After finding ELF, I figured why not, it's only a dollar (as many people obviously do). So, I got a bunch of the different types of lip glosses that ELF offers, and I like all but one type (the Hypershine Gloss, which was blech-tasting for me). I waited before reviewing just to see what I was drawn to, what I grabbed for without really thinking, and it was this one. True, it has a very strong grape bubblegum smell, which I personally love, and if you taste it inadvertently it's just sweet like sugar but no other taste that I can tell. I like that it feels thick, I love the type of glossiness it has, the SPF ain't bad either. Gonna put some on right now :).

on 3/25/2009 12:45:00 AM

i purchased the pack of 5 as well as 2 solo ones. Angel, Malt Shake, Pink Kiss, Watermelon and Candlelight. wish i would have read the website better because i missed the names of the lip glosses and duped my 2 solos pink kiss and candlelight. good thing all the colors are good on me. i wasnt expecting even the dark malt color to look good but its not as dark when applied. great lip glosses though, werent sticky and applied very smooth.

on 3/10/2009 10:35:00 PM

Love these! The formula is not sticky and it glides on super smooth. The colors are very pigmented and there is a great variety. My favorite is Candlelight which is a nice nude shade with a little shimmer (but not so much that you look like a pre-teen). I don't mind the smell, it fades quickly. The product itself lasts pretty well, I compare this to Clinique Superbalm only at a fraction of the price.

on 1/11/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

These are just okay. Not bad for the price. Similar quality to a drugstore brand. Unlike some, I actually really like the smell and the color payoff isn't great, but it's visible. The texture is just plain bad though; Super sticky. And they do have a plastic-y taste.

I do like the tube and the applicator isn't bad.
Will repurchase, just because they're cheap and fun. =)