e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.3

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

VERY BLAH. I cannot get past that heavy plastic smell. I purchased this in "Iced Latte". Awful. The gloss doesn't feel very consistent on the lips, felt like it was sliding around, slight shimmer, for goodness sakes, I wish these manufacturers would cease with this glitter phenomenon. This is the second gloss by ELF that I have felt needed to be destroyed (Malt Shake was the first). There is a touch of gold but it still doesn't seem very pigmented, something about it is just off. More than anything I cannot get past the smell that is there when you open it and remains while it is on your lips. Gross.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read about these glosses on MUA and I am glad I did. I purchased these at my local grocery store (went to the ELF website and used the product locator to find). I purchased Pink Kiss first- LOVED the texture- almost exact match to Channel Glossimers!!!!, hated the color (see specific review for more details). I went back to buy more since they are only a dollar and I thought why not? I bought Watermelon, Malt Shake, Goddess, and Candlelight. To my surprise, the color I thought would be least likely to work actually turned out to be the best!!! Goddess is AMAZING (see specific review for details)!!!!!!. I did not care for Malt Shake (way to warm for me, and it was flat). Watermelon was a beautiful color, but **sigh**, not for me, and Candlelight was a VERY frosty gold on me, and did NOT work with my cool, red/blue undertones. I can not wear warm colors at all. I could see Candlelight looking great on someone with warm, darker coloring. Overall, I would suggest trying these glosses. If you get the right color you will LOVE THEM! I gave the packaging a 3 due to the fact that the tube releases way too much product for one application.

One note:some people have written that the scent of these glosses is unbearable, I am one who usually CAN NOT stand to have scent in my glosses (make me nauseous), especially the fruity kind, but for some reason I find this scent to be pleasant and almost undetectable after a few minutes.

EDIT: I hardly wear these anymore b/c of the lack of staying power. Wish it lasted more than 10 minutes on me b/c I love the SPF feature and the consistency of these glosses- they feel great on.

on 5/22/2007 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought e.l.f.'s SUPER GLOSSY LIP SHINE SPF 15 in ICED LATTE. I thought it would be to dark on my red lips yet, it is a GREAT rose brown color instead. GREAT for a natural look or even summer. The store ran out of this one yet, i will definetly buy this one again.