E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Filtered by skin type : Oily
E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color is pretty enough and I like that it's SPF 15 and it's cheap enough. It's, however, WAY too gloppy and thick. I keep this in my little makeup bag that runs around with me in my purse, but it's always my last resort when I don't have any chapstick with me. I will either finally use it up or finally throw it out, but there's got to be something better than this even at this price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own about 10 of these babies, lol! I really do like these lipglosses. I did just check the ELF website and these are on sale so I'm not sure if they're discontinuing this line or not, I hope they don't though :(.

I like that there is a wide range of shades, some of them are sheer, sparkly, creamy, pigmented. My favorites are watermelon (natural lip shade with some sparkle), juiced berry (sheer berry shade with sparkle) and some other ones that are now discontinued (booooo).

The formula is nice. It feels nice and moisturizing on the lips. It's not fantastic and these don't last all day on your lips, but they're easy to reapply on if you need to. Like the name states, these are a glossy finish.

If you are purchasing from the ELF website, I would not trust the swatches they have there. Some of the swatches are completely misleading, if possible google the color name and see if you can find a swatch online elsewhere for accuracy.

Overall I really like these lipglosses, I would recommend them if you are looking for some inexpensive lipglosses with a nice range of shades to choose from.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have this in the rosy sparkly color, and it's a pretty good lipgloss. I mean, it's the basic, original stuff. Glossy, sticky, faint hint of color, no taste or smell whatsoever, goes well over lipstick, it's just pretty basic. For $1, it's a good, what-more-can-you-ask-for, lipgloss!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

VERY BLAH. I cannot get past that heavy plastic smell. I purchased this in "Iced Latte". Awful. The gloss doesn't feel very consistent on the lips, felt like it was sliding around, slight shimmer, for goodness sakes, I wish these manufacturers would cease with this glitter phenomenon. This is the second gloss by ELF that I have felt needed to be destroyed (Malt Shake was the first). There is a touch of gold but it still doesn't seem very pigmented, something about it is just off. More than anything I cannot get past the smell that is there when you open it and remains while it is on your lips. Gross.

on 3/3/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For an inexpensive gloss, this is very good. Some higher end glosses are not as good as the E.L.F. brand. And on the flipside, this gloss is just as good as some of the higher end brands. Although I have spent $$$ on brands like Chanel, MAC, Dior, and YSL, I still like this one a lot. I like the thickness of it because it is not sticky like MAC. Thickness with no stick is the key that I believe a lot women desire in a good gloss. Well Ladies, for those of you who have not tried this, try it. For $1-$2, you have nothing to lose. It does have a fruity scent like grape bubblegum, but once you apply the gloss, the scent vanishes in a matter of moments. The colour pay-off is pretty good. If you like sheer and shimmery glosses, this will do this trick. And some of these shades (candlelight and goddess) will do wonders over a lipstick if you want to alter the shade or give your lips a little extra oomph :) There is mineral oil in this, but I do believe that the mineral oil, like vaseline, is what keeps the lips soft and supple -- I know some of you Ladies do not like mineral oil or vaseline. This gloss will not dry out your lips. And in our fabulous Canadian winters, this layer of protection against the cold is a good thing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this 6 hours ago and I am already in love with it! I normally hate thicker glosses and ones that are in tubes (I prefer doe-foot) but I LOVE this. It is soo smooth and even though it is thick, it feels soo nice on my lips. I keep reapplying it because I love how it feels when I first put it on. I got it for $2.99 at a clothing store (as opposed to $1 on the ELF website) but I would gladly pay the extra $2 again. I think I will need to go get more to keep in my makeup drawers, purse, etc.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i have this in the darkest available color and the tube i have does not say which shade it is.this product is really cheap and the color is great on me. it is thick in consistency which is good because it will stay put but will rub of easily against any surface.im not a fan of the smell either it smells grapey citrusy just like bad smelling vitamins but i used it everyday for two weeks and now the smell does not bother me anymore. it has spf which is really good for my lips

on 8/3/2009 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in pin kiss, and I absolutely HATE IT!
The pigmentation makes my lips look shiny and pale.. Im tan so its horrible on my skin tone. I think a darker one would suit me more, but I wont repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read about these glosses on MUA and I am glad I did. I purchased these at my local grocery store (went to the ELF website and used the product locator to find). I purchased Pink Kiss first- LOVED the texture- almost exact match to Channel Glossimers!!!!, hated the color (see specific review for more details). I went back to buy more since they are only a dollar and I thought why not? I bought Watermelon, Malt Shake, Goddess, and Candlelight. To my surprise, the color I thought would be least likely to work actually turned out to be the best!!! Goddess is AMAZING (see specific review for details)!!!!!!. I did not care for Malt Shake (way to warm for me, and it was flat). Watermelon was a beautiful color, but **sigh**, not for me, and Candlelight was a VERY frosty gold on me, and did NOT work with my cool, red/blue undertones. I can not wear warm colors at all. I could see Candlelight looking great on someone with warm, darker coloring. Overall, I would suggest trying these glosses. If you get the right color you will LOVE THEM! I gave the packaging a 3 due to the fact that the tube releases way too much product for one application.

One note:some people have written that the scent of these glosses is unbearable, I am one who usually CAN NOT stand to have scent in my glosses (make me nauseous), especially the fruity kind, but for some reason I find this scent to be pleasant and almost undetectable after a few minutes.

EDIT: I hardly wear these anymore b/c of the lack of staying power. Wish it lasted more than 10 minutes on me b/c I love the SPF feature and the consistency of these glosses- they feel great on.

on 5/22/2007 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought e.l.f.'s SUPER GLOSSY LIP SHINE SPF 15 in ICED LATTE. I thought it would be to dark on my red lips yet, it is a GREAT rose brown color instead. GREAT for a natural look or even summer. The store ran out of this one yet, i will definetly buy this one again.