E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color is pretty enough and I like that it's SPF 15 and it's cheap enough. It's, however, WAY too gloppy and thick. I keep this in my little makeup bag that runs around with me in my purse, but it's always my last resort when I don't have any chapstick with me. I will either finally use it up or finally throw it out, but there's got to be something better than this even at this price.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have 14 or 15 of these puppies, all in different shades, acquired through gifts at holidays and birthdays, as well as through my own ELF orders placed online. I'm still missing Strawberry, Pink Pop, and Party Peach, but will definitely be purchasing them soon (if only I could repurchase Mauve Luxe as well!). I've been a fan of Super Glossy Lip Shines for years. Are they my all-time favorite gloss? No, but they're amazing nonetheless. At $1 a pop, collecting them is easy, and ELF often comes out with holiday sets of 3-5 of them. Many of the shades are surprisingly pigmented - New York City, a gorgeous red, is probably the most pigmented one I own, and Goddess is reminiscent of Lancome's Juicy Tubes shade in Simmer or L'Oreal's ColourJuice shade in Strawberry Smoothie. The tubes provide a generous amount of .35 oz, and the more pigmented shades seem to last longer on the lips than the clearer sparkly shades (at least for me). I used to have several tubes of Mauve Luxe, a gorgeous browny-mauve shade, but alas, they're all used up! Super Glossy Lip Shines come in a squeeze tube with a slightly-rounded slant-tip applicator. The tube itself is somewhat flimsy - my tube of Mango Madness got a hole poked in it by the bottom of another tube of lip gloss - and the applicator can get gloss on the sides while applying, but again, they're only $1. The gloss is about average in thickness and stickiness - not as thin as a liquid lip smacker and not as thick as a MAC Lipglass. They all have the same fragrance - a creamy grape scent - which I enjoy but others may not. Lastly, if looking to purchase from the website, be sure to check the sale page as well - glosses that will be discontinued will be on that page at a discounted price, as opposed to with the other Super Glossy Lip Shines.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own about 10 of these babies, lol! I really do like these lipglosses. I did just check the ELF website and these are on sale so I'm not sure if they're discontinuing this line or not, I hope they don't though :(.

I like that there is a wide range of shades, some of them are sheer, sparkly, creamy, pigmented. My favorites are watermelon (natural lip shade with some sparkle), juiced berry (sheer berry shade with sparkle) and some other ones that are now discontinued (booooo).

The formula is nice. It feels nice and moisturizing on the lips. It's not fantastic and these don't last all day on your lips, but they're easy to reapply on if you need to. Like the name states, these are a glossy finish.

If you are purchasing from the ELF website, I would not trust the swatches they have there. Some of the swatches are completely misleading, if possible google the color name and see if you can find a swatch online elsewhere for accuracy.

Overall I really like these lipglosses, I would recommend them if you are looking for some inexpensive lipglosses with a nice range of shades to choose from.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have this in the rosy sparkly color, and it's a pretty good lipgloss. I mean, it's the basic, original stuff. Glossy, sticky, faint hint of color, no taste or smell whatsoever, goes well over lipstick, it's just pretty basic. For $1, it's a good, what-more-can-you-ask-for, lipgloss!

on 10/22/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up "Pink Umbrellas" at my local Target. ELF Super glossy Lip Shine (whew that's a mouthful) comes in a .35 oz. plastic squeeze tube. The packaging on my tube actually split along the top, letting the gloss ooze out. Overall, I'm not really impressed with this lip gloss. The pigmentation is verrrry slight, there's way more glitter than I would prefer, and the gloss formula feels very sticky on the lips. It's only $1 so if you want to try it out for yourself it won't set you back much. However, even with the low price, I will not be repurchasing.

on 6/18/2013 10:23:00 AM

I received my very first Glossy a week ago and have been using it since that time. My thoughts:

Consistency: Sticky, but not unbearably so. I don't typically like sticky glosses, but this one is okay. Staying power is good.

Smell/taste: I loathe scented lip glosses. This one IS scented, but it's very mild which pleases me. I can live with it.

Coverage: Surprisingly pigmented. This is not a sheer gloss on me, but more like a light lipstick.

Packaging: Like any other squeeze gloss with a slanted tip. Not my fav (I prefer sponge tip), but not bad. Easy to control the amount dispensed.

This is a lovely gloss and I definitely repurchase. Price does not make or break a product for me, so while I love the low pricetag, I judge it based on it's performance not price. Absolutely worth a try.

on 3/3/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For an inexpensive gloss, this is very good. Some higher end glosses are not as good as the E.L.F. brand. And on the flipside, this gloss is just as good as some of the higher end brands. Although I have spent $$$ on brands like Chanel, MAC, Dior, and YSL, I still like this one a lot. I like the thickness of it because it is not sticky like MAC. Thickness with no stick is the key that I believe a lot women desire in a good gloss. Well Ladies, for those of you who have not tried this, try it. For $1-$2, you have nothing to lose. It does have a fruity scent like grape bubblegum, but once you apply the gloss, the scent vanishes in a matter of moments. The colour pay-off is pretty good. If you like sheer and shimmery glosses, this will do this trick. And some of these shades (candlelight and goddess) will do wonders over a lipstick if you want to alter the shade or give your lips a little extra oomph :) There is mineral oil in this, but I do believe that the mineral oil, like vaseline, is what keeps the lips soft and supple -- I know some of you Ladies do not like mineral oil or vaseline. This gloss will not dry out your lips. And in our fabulous Canadian winters, this layer of protection against the cold is a good thing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this 6 hours ago and I am already in love with it! I normally hate thicker glosses and ones that are in tubes (I prefer doe-foot) but I LOVE this. It is soo smooth and even though it is thick, it feels soo nice on my lips. I keep reapplying it because I love how it feels when I first put it on. I got it for $2.99 at a clothing store (as opposed to $1 on the ELF website) but I would gladly pay the extra $2 again. I think I will need to go get more to keep in my makeup drawers, purse, etc.

on 3/1/2011 9:16:00 PM

Will buy these again till they stop making these. The texture and consistency feels luxurious. These are better than some of my $12 glosses. The packaging is convenient as well. Just squeeze & go. & it's easy to distribute to a lip brush.

These are quite long lasting. They don't feel like they're sinking into your lips and they don't bleed.
They're basic, but an on-the-go must have.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Love these!! They're shiny, nicely pigmented, and come in cute little tubes. So far I've tried Iced Latte and Malt Shake and absolutely adore them. I like my lips to look natural, with a bit of color, and both of them work perfectly. The Iced Latte is my favorite so far. On me it's kind of a brownish-nude color with a little bit of rose, and it has a pretty glossy finish. The Malt Shake is a little bit lighter on me than the Iced Latte, and not as shimmery, but it's nice all the same.
They're a bit sticky, but I think most lip glosses are, and the smell is not too unpleasant. You do have to reapply every now and again, I don't mind that at all. They're unbelievably priced at $1 each, and they are so worth it! I have $15 lip glosses in my makeup case that I hardly wear.
My only issue is I wish they would come out with some more colors....
I have already repurchased a few more shades, and wil continue to buy again and again!