E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The goopy sticky texture makes it impossible to apply smoothly so it just clumps up on your lips like melting candy.

on 5/22/2007 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought e.l.f.'s SUPER GLOSSY LIP SHINE SPF 15 in ICED LATTE. I thought it would be to dark on my red lips yet, it is a GREAT rose brown color instead. GREAT for a natural look or even summer. The store ran out of this one yet, i will definetly buy this one again.

on 6/1/2007 12:08:00 PM

I liked these glosses, I didn't find them sticky at all, maybe a bit too runny but oh well...the colors were nice and they are only a $1, you can't go wrong.

I love these guys. I have three colors, all of which are wearable and sheer compared to how they look in the tube. The smell is a light grapey smell which I find neither fantastic nor offensive. They are dirt cheap, you get a lot of product, they contain SPF, they aren't sticky, they moisturize well, and they give a subtle dewy shine and hint of color to your lips. You really can't go wrong.

on 9/30/2007 4:26:00 PM

Let's face it: this is the cheapest lip gloss out there. Now, for the quality - although I've been using it over a year, it still bugs be: how can something so cheap be so good?! Not only the colors are wonderful, application is smooth, moisturising qualities are exceptional, but it also has sun protection! And for the price, I got one in the car, one in the bathroom, one on the office table and a clear one in my daughter's backpack so that she uses it at school:) And, having braces makes it practically impossible to wake up in the morning with lips that are not dry. With this stuff, the problem is gone - one application before bed - and the lips are nice and smooth in the morning. Love it a lot!
Having all this in mind, I wasn't surprised when this lip gloss got the best product award from Paula Begoun. It is truly the best.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh how I love thee!!! I have these in Goddess and Candlelight and just purchased Pink Kiss. These glosses go on smooth and even, are not sticky, ever, - but feel fairly thick and last a really long time. I only have to reapply two or three times a day and my days, in full makeup- start at 9 am and end after midnight. (I apply mine with a lip brush over top a long wearing lipstick- Avon Perfect Wear in Nude Pink ) The shades are oh so shiny but soft looking and sheer, but not to sheer, there definately is a hint of color. The grape taste took a little getting used to, as have never used flavored lip gloss, but I have grown to love it. HG?- oh yeah.

on 1/9/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These little glosses are so great but unfortunately I have to swap for them because I can't find them in my area. The colors are so pretty and have a great scent and consistency. These are almost identical to Mac lipgellee. I had tried these cheap glosses first and when I got my first lipgellee I couldn't believe that a 1 dollar product and a 14 dollar product were basically the same thing!! The elf gloss even has spf and better packaging. If I could buy these around here I would have tons of them. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read about these glosses on MUA and I am glad I did. I purchased these at my local grocery store (went to the ELF website and used the product locator to find). I purchased Pink Kiss first- LOVED the texture- almost exact match to Channel Glossimers!!!!, hated the color (see specific review for more details). I went back to buy more since they are only a dollar and I thought why not? I bought Watermelon, Malt Shake, Goddess, and Candlelight. To my surprise, the color I thought would be least likely to work actually turned out to be the best!!! Goddess is AMAZING (see specific review for details)!!!!!!. I did not care for Malt Shake (way to warm for me, and it was flat). Watermelon was a beautiful color, but **sigh**, not for me, and Candlelight was a VERY frosty gold on me, and did NOT work with my cool, red/blue undertones. I can not wear warm colors at all. I could see Candlelight looking great on someone with warm, darker coloring. Overall, I would suggest trying these glosses. If you get the right color you will LOVE THEM! I gave the packaging a 3 due to the fact that the tube releases way too much product for one application.

One note:some people have written that the scent of these glosses is unbearable, I am one who usually CAN NOT stand to have scent in my glosses (make me nauseous), especially the fruity kind, but for some reason I find this scent to be pleasant and almost undetectable after a few minutes.

EDIT: I hardly wear these anymore b/c of the lack of staying power. Wish it lasted more than 10 minutes on me b/c I love the SPF feature and the consistency of these glosses- they feel great on.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Love these!! They're shiny, nicely pigmented, and come in cute little tubes. So far I've tried Iced Latte and Malt Shake and absolutely adore them. I like my lips to look natural, with a bit of color, and both of them work perfectly. The Iced Latte is my favorite so far. On me it's kind of a brownish-nude color with a little bit of rose, and it has a pretty glossy finish. The Malt Shake is a little bit lighter on me than the Iced Latte, and not as shimmery, but it's nice all the same.
They're a bit sticky, but I think most lip glosses are, and the smell is not too unpleasant. You do have to reapply every now and again, I don't mind that at all. They're unbelievably priced at $1 each, and they are so worth it! I have $15 lip glosses in my makeup case that I hardly wear.
My only issue is I wish they would come out with some more colors....
I have already repurchased a few more shades, and wil continue to buy again and again!

on 5/17/2008 2:25:00 PM

Yuck, This lipgloss tastes and smells like plastic. Yeah, it's only $1 but its gross and I would rather spend a little more and get a lipgloss that does not smell like a ziplock bag. It also has a wierd slimy texture on the lips. I like E.L.F hypershine gloss much better.