e.l.f. Cosmetics Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Price: $

on 12/23/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For $1, you can't beat these. They're a nice texture, not too sticky, but not too thin or watery. Squeeze tube applicator instead of the dreaded doe-foot that gets gunked up. Most have SPF. Fruity fragrance, wide variety of fun colors. Not the best quality lip gloss on the market, but for $1 you really cannot beat these, and they easily compare with mid-range drugstore brands. I have several of these for when I travel, and I will continue to repurchase.

on 6/18/2013 10:23:00 AM

I received my very first Glossy a week ago and have been using it since that time. My thoughts:

Consistency: Sticky, but not unbearably so. I don't typically like sticky glosses, but this one is okay. Staying power is good.

Smell/taste: I loathe scented lip glosses. This one IS scented, but it's very mild which pleases me. I can live with it.

Coverage: Surprisingly pigmented. This is not a sheer gloss on me, but more like a light lipstick.

Packaging: Like any other squeeze gloss with a slanted tip. Not my fav (I prefer sponge tip), but not bad. Easy to control the amount dispensed.

This is a lovely gloss and I definitely repurchase. Price does not make or break a product for me, so while I love the low pricetag, I judge it based on it's performance not price. Absolutely worth a try.

on 11/7/2012 12:20:00 AM

Goes on soft, not sticky, which for me is a lip gloss must. The colors are nice it's super cheap and smells pretty good.

Currently this is my favorite lip gloss. The only other one that makes me as happy is Alba Botanica Terragloss.

on 3/3/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For an inexpensive gloss, this is very good. Some higher end glosses are not as good as the E.L.F. brand. And on the flipside, this gloss is just as good as some of the higher end brands. Although I have spent $$$ on brands like Chanel, MAC, Dior, and YSL, I still like this one a lot. I like the thickness of it because it is not sticky like MAC. Thickness with no stick is the key that I believe a lot women desire in a good gloss. Well Ladies, for those of you who have not tried this, try it. For $1-$2, you have nothing to lose. It does have a fruity scent like grape bubblegum, but once you apply the gloss, the scent vanishes in a matter of moments. The colour pay-off is pretty good. If you like sheer and shimmery glosses, this will do this trick. And some of these shades (candlelight and goddess) will do wonders over a lipstick if you want to alter the shade or give your lips a little extra oomph :) There is mineral oil in this, but I do believe that the mineral oil, like vaseline, is what keeps the lips soft and supple -- I know some of you Ladies do not like mineral oil or vaseline. This gloss will not dry out your lips. And in our fabulous Canadian winters, this layer of protection against the cold is a good thing.

on 2/25/2010 7:00:00 PM

I was really pleasantly surprised how good those stuff are. I got three, they are all pigmented. The Goddess is actually lighter than my natural lip color but is pigmented enough to "over ride" my lip color nicely. I also like that it's muted shine instead of bright shine, perfect with smokey eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh how I love thee!!! I have these in Goddess and Candlelight and just purchased Pink Kiss. These glosses go on smooth and even, are not sticky, ever, - but feel fairly thick and last a really long time. I only have to reapply two or three times a day and my days, in full makeup- start at 9 am and end after midnight. (I apply mine with a lip brush over top a long wearing lipstick- Avon Perfect Wear in Nude Pink ) The shades are oh so shiny but soft looking and sheer, but not to sheer, there definately is a hint of color. The grape taste took a little getting used to, as have never used flavored lip gloss, but I have grown to love it. HG?- oh yeah.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The goopy sticky texture makes it impossible to apply smoothly so it just clumps up on your lips like melting candy.