E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Filtered by age: 30-35
E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.6

on 9/10/2014 12:48:00 AM

I have this in pink kiss I believe and I'm not a fan I find that the formula is a bit too heavy feeling and it gives my lips a very tacky feel to them, which is a sham cause I really like the color. I will not repurchase this.

on 10/13/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product in Mauve Luxe and a lighter peachy shade and have tried them out a few times. Entirely too sticky to suit me, so I'm about to offer my tubes up for swap.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

VERY BLAH. I cannot get past that heavy plastic smell. I purchased this in "Iced Latte". Awful. The gloss doesn't feel very consistent on the lips, felt like it was sliding around, slight shimmer, for goodness sakes, I wish these manufacturers would cease with this glitter phenomenon. This is the second gloss by ELF that I have felt needed to be destroyed (Malt Shake was the first). There is a touch of gold but it still doesn't seem very pigmented, something about it is just off. More than anything I cannot get past the smell that is there when you open it and remains while it is on your lips. Gross.

on 3/13/2010 5:13:00 AM

I really like this lip gloss - I'm not a lip gloss expert and haven't tried any HE ones, and truthfully, never got the lip gloss thing before - the lip glosses I had purchased in the past were not great I guess. After finding ELF, I figured why not, it's only a dollar (as many people obviously do). So, I got a bunch of the different types of lip glosses that ELF offers, and I like all but one type (the Hypershine Gloss, which was blech-tasting for me). I waited before reviewing just to see what I was drawn to, what I grabbed for without really thinking, and it was this one. True, it has a very strong grape bubblegum smell, which I personally love, and if you taste it inadvertently it's just sweet like sugar but no other taste that I can tell. I like that it feels thick, I love the type of glossiness it has, the SPF ain't bad either. Gonna put some on right now :).

on 10/2/2008 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the 5 pack of Angel, Malt Shake, Pink Kiss, Watermelon and Candlelight at my local Mandee store for $5. Was I excited! I had read so much about E.L.F., and couldn't wait to try it.
Despite the claim on the package that these glosses are "never sticky", I have to disagree. They might want to rename these, "Super Sticky Lip Shine". They are indeed sticky and there's no getting around that.
However, these are great lipglosses. They smell yummy and are nicely pigmented. For $1 a pop it's hard to find fault with them.

I love this gloss so much. Its cheap, the colors are nice (nothing special tho) and the scent doesn't bother me. And the spf is a huge plus!
So why the low rating? The packaging sucks! I have probably purchased about 6 different tubes and they ALL have come apart at the base of the screw on top. EVERY one. So I am left with a leaky mess. I may try to trandfer these into pots but I really despise having to use my finger to put on gloss. Sigh...these were so SO close to HG status but the packaging renders them unusable. I even got the company. I would gladly pay a buck or two more for these if they didn't fall apart. Did no one else have this experience??

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

Love these!! They're shiny, nicely pigmented, and come in cute little tubes. So far I've tried Iced Latte and Malt Shake and absolutely adore them. I like my lips to look natural, with a bit of color, and both of them work perfectly. The Iced Latte is my favorite so far. On me it's kind of a brownish-nude color with a little bit of rose, and it has a pretty glossy finish. The Malt Shake is a little bit lighter on me than the Iced Latte, and not as shimmery, but it's nice all the same.
They're a bit sticky, but I think most lip glosses are, and the smell is not too unpleasant. You do have to reapply every now and again, I don't mind that at all. They're unbelievably priced at $1 each, and they are so worth it! I have $15 lip glosses in my makeup case that I hardly wear.
My only issue is I wish they would come out with some more colors....
I have already repurchased a few more shades, and wil continue to buy again and again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read about these glosses on MUA and I am glad I did. I purchased these at my local grocery store (went to the ELF website and used the product locator to find). I purchased Pink Kiss first- LOVED the texture- almost exact match to Channel Glossimers!!!!, hated the color (see specific review for more details). I went back to buy more since they are only a dollar and I thought why not? I bought Watermelon, Malt Shake, Goddess, and Candlelight. To my surprise, the color I thought would be least likely to work actually turned out to be the best!!! Goddess is AMAZING (see specific review for details)!!!!!!. I did not care for Malt Shake (way to warm for me, and it was flat). Watermelon was a beautiful color, but **sigh**, not for me, and Candlelight was a VERY frosty gold on me, and did NOT work with my cool, red/blue undertones. I can not wear warm colors at all. I could see Candlelight looking great on someone with warm, darker coloring. Overall, I would suggest trying these glosses. If you get the right color you will LOVE THEM! I gave the packaging a 3 due to the fact that the tube releases way too much product for one application.

One note:some people have written that the scent of these glosses is unbearable, I am one who usually CAN NOT stand to have scent in my glosses (make me nauseous), especially the fruity kind, but for some reason I find this scent to be pleasant and almost undetectable after a few minutes.

EDIT: I hardly wear these anymore b/c of the lack of staying power. Wish it lasted more than 10 minutes on me b/c I love the SPF feature and the consistency of these glosses- they feel great on.

on 9/30/2007 4:26:00 PM

Let's face it: this is the cheapest lip gloss out there. Now, for the quality - although I've been using it over a year, it still bugs be: how can something so cheap be so good?! Not only the colors are wonderful, application is smooth, moisturising qualities are exceptional, but it also has sun protection! And for the price, I got one in the car, one in the bathroom, one on the office table and a clear one in my daughter's backpack so that she uses it at school:) And, having braces makes it practically impossible to wake up in the morning with lips that are not dry. With this stuff, the problem is gone - one application before bed - and the lips are nice and smooth in the morning. Love it a lot!
Having all this in mind, I wasn't surprised when this lip gloss got the best product award from Paula Begoun. It is truly the best.

on 5/22/2007 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i bought e.l.f.'s SUPER GLOSSY LIP SHINE SPF 15 in ICED LATTE. I thought it would be to dark on my red lips yet, it is a GREAT rose brown color instead. GREAT for a natural look or even summer. The store ran out of this one yet, i will definetly buy this one again.