E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/16/2015 2:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this gloss in a few different colours and I like them. They're really sticky (maybe too sticky for some?), but give nice colour and are so cheap. I hear some of them are too glittery, but the ones I have don't have glitter, just colour.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have 14 or 15 of these puppies, all in different shades, acquired through gifts at holidays and birthdays, as well as through my own ELF orders placed online. I'm still missing Strawberry, Pink Pop, and Party Peach, but will definitely be purchasing them soon (if only I could repurchase Mauve Luxe as well!). I've been a fan of Super Glossy Lip Shines for years. Are they my all-time favorite gloss? No, but they're amazing nonetheless. At $1 a pop, collecting them is easy, and ELF often comes out with holiday sets of 3-5 of them. Many of the shades are surprisingly pigmented - New York City, a gorgeous red, is probably the most pigmented one I own, and Goddess is reminiscent of Lancome's Juicy Tubes shade in Simmer or L'Oreal's ColourJuice shade in Strawberry Smoothie. The tubes provide a generous amount of .35 oz, and the more pigmented shades seem to last longer on the lips than the clearer sparkly shades (at least for me). I used to have several tubes of Mauve Luxe, a gorgeous browny-mauve shade, but alas, they're all used up! Super Glossy Lip Shines come in a squeeze tube with a slightly-rounded slant-tip applicator. The tube itself is somewhat flimsy - my tube of Mango Madness got a hole poked in it by the bottom of another tube of lip gloss - and the applicator can get gloss on the sides while applying, but again, they're only $1. The gloss is about average in thickness and stickiness - not as thin as a liquid lip smacker and not as thick as a MAC Lipglass. They all have the same fragrance - a creamy grape scent - which I enjoy but others may not. Lastly, if looking to purchase from the website, be sure to check the sale page as well - glosses that will be discontinued will be on that page at a discounted price, as opposed to with the other Super Glossy Lip Shines.

on 10/22/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up "Pink Umbrellas" at my local Target. ELF Super glossy Lip Shine (whew that's a mouthful) comes in a .35 oz. plastic squeeze tube. The packaging on my tube actually split along the top, letting the gloss ooze out. Overall, I'm not really impressed with this lip gloss. The pigmentation is verrrry slight, there's way more glitter than I would prefer, and the gloss formula feels very sticky on the lips. It's only $1 so if you want to try it out for yourself it won't set you back much. However, even with the low price, I will not be repurchasing.

on 10/19/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these glosses. So far, I only have it in Watermelon, but the color is so subtle that it definitely gives a MLBB effect with loads of shine. The texture is thick and sticky which I prefer because a. it lasts a long time and b. it doesn't feather and settle into the fine lines around my mouth which can result in that revolting grease-mouth look that I despise.
Also, I find that when I remove this gloss, my lips are unbelievably smooth and plump. This gloss is ridiculously moisturizing compared to others that I've used.
I like squeeze tubes because it's less hassle and I can depot it pretty easily once I get to the end (just cut the tube in half and use a small plastic spatula to get the goods out) and they are easier to find when digging blindly in my purse.
I actually rather like the scent/flavor.
And for $1, how can you go wrong? I've used some $20 glosses that weren't as fun to wear, so the price is a huge selling point.
The holiday gift boxes are out at Target now, so I'm going to pick up the 3-pack of these glosses (and a few other items, of course) and I'm sure I'll love them too. Looking forward to the clear glittery one!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own two of these - one in Goddess and one in Angel. I really wanted to love these but they're just OK. For me the consistency is just too thick and a bit sticky, although I might try applying with a lip brush to sheer it out a bit. Adds a really nice shine to my lips which does last. Goddess is also a lot darker in real life than the colour swatch online, it's a much darker pink nude colour, but still nice. And Angel is a perfect clear lip gloss, which looks well over any lipstick to add a bit of gloss. Unfortunately I can't give it a higher mark because I never really reach for them, preferring ELF's Hypershine Lip Gloss, which although doesn't have as nice colours, the formula is better than the Super Glossy Lip Glosses.

I like these glosses. These are cheap, available, good with a lot of color possibilities. The LE/seasonal packages are awesome with a great variety of colors in one package.

These are good for tube glosses. They are fluid, spread easily, give good color payoff, have a great variety of colors and are very inexpensive. While they aren't the most moisturizing glosses I've ever tried, they are pretty good to add to the quick-makeup repertoire. Great for what they are.

on 7/19/2011 2:37:00 PM

i think i own this stuff in every color. yes, they are sheer. yes, they are a bit sticky. And yes, they are $1.00 (or less). I don't expect much because I'm not paying an arm and a leg for them, but for an insanely cheap gloss, they are good.

I hate the packaging though. I have learned that you only have to squeeze the tiniest bit in order to get the product out, otherwise you'll end up with a huge glob on your lips. I like to layer these underneath my lipstick for a sheerer look. They also make my lips look very plump and sexy. :P

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Damn !!!The E.L.F people should have named this Super Sticky Lip Shine ... I bought just one to try which was ' Honey Do ' I tried it on my bare lips and it is sticking there like a GLUE. Didn't feel like rubbing my lips together ,at any point , at all ... Not much color pay off either ..The Honey do appeared to be orangish / red , just the color i wanted .. But it looked clear on my quite pigmented dark lips ...It Dried out my lips within 2-3 hrs ...

On the brighter side , bcoz of it's stickiness , it keeps my lipstick from moving anywhere ... Period ..Not even think about lipstick bleeding ..It won't .. And it smells and tastes delicious...
Adds some shine but not HD .. Save a dollar ..Am not buying it again.

on 11/1/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so surprised, these are becoming my favorite glosses! I have 5 of them and reach for them constantly. They smell good to me, fruity, like candy or something. They're soft and shiny and feel very smooth when I rub my lips together. They also have surprisingly good pigmentation on the 'colored' shades, i.e., the ones that aren't supposed to be clear.

My only gripe is the packaging, it's extremely cheap. One of my tubes has a plastic chunk sticking up off the applicator that scratches my lip every time I use it. And I've heard I don't know how many stories of the seam at the end of the tube bursting open and making a huge mess in someone's bag or whatever. Hasn't happened to me, but based on the cheap feel of the plastic, I could see it happening.

So other than the packaging, I love these!

on 10/31/2010 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While I like the color is nice, and the scent is ok. I own 2 of these (watermelon and angel), and they have BOTH already split open right under the cap! Now when I reapply it comes out of the side of the tube. Besides that, I do like them. But I can't bring myself to buy again (even at 1 dollar each) because the packaging breaks too easy (I wasn't even rough with them, they were just in my purse) and they make a mess. Hoping it's just a bad batch, but to have them both break in the exact same spot... hmmmm...