Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)

Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)
Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)

4.3

Pure Vitamin E

on 11/21/2016 3:51:00 PM

I have combination acne prone skin. I've used Jojoba, Rosehip Seed Oil, Hemp Seed oil but Vitamin E oil is the only oil that can both calm my skin and feels smooth and moisturized the morning after. Be sure to buy Vitamin E oil that says d-alpha tocopherol NOT dl-alpha tocopherol or tocopherol acetate as these are the synthetic ones. I buy the one from Now Foods 23,000 IU non-gmo from iHerb.com.

on 10/31/2016 11:12:00 PM

BE CAREFUL! There are different types of Vitamin e oils. Some "stronger" than others or diluted with pore clogging oils. Anyway I use about 4-5 drops morning and night on my face and lips. I helps dryness and soaks in quickly. It helps the healing blemishes and scars fade faster.

To Read all 178 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to use on cuticles and try on some scars, but I found an even better use. I have rosacea, and there are patches of skin on either side of my nose that are dry and flaky no matter what I do. They are also especially prone to irritation, so any exfoliation with a baby wash cloth has to be super gentle, and is never enough to get rid of the flaky skin there. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers with no luck either.

Those patches also happen to be very red, and such a pain to cover up, because makeup would just accentuate the flakes. On a complete whim, I dabbed a very small amount of pure vitamin E oil on them after washing my face. When I went to put on makeup, I figured it would probably slide right off, but alas, it went on super smoothly, stayed put, and with *no flakes*!

I'm thrilled with this! I really should have done a patch test (see below), but I lucked out with this one. No irritation or breakouts (though I'd never put all over my otherwise oily face), just soft, smooth cheeks for once. Hooray!

on 4/6/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I found out I am ALLERGIC to VItamin E!

I have tested several brands, of different levels of vitamin E, but sadly they've all left me with large red bumps on my face, as if my face met with several hungry mosquitoes. What's worse is that I can't even use it on other parts of my body as I get the same reaction.

It's such a shame too because I had such high hopes of healing my acne and other scars. Vitamin E is a big NO on my skin. :(

My only experience with vitamin E oil was with the sole purpose of fading a red scar above my upper lip 20 years ago. I had vitamins E capsules and literally punctured a hole in the capsule and applied to the scar daily and it healed up completely, no trace whatsoever of redness. I don't know that you need to buy a fancy oil, depending on your needs, but the capsule form is good for small amounts and quite sanitary too. I've read you can use these for dark circles under the eyes so I may try that next as part of my night time routine. Probably more effective than any eye cream too...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE this. So dewy, radiant, perfect consistency. Imparts angelic glow with 1-2 drops. And softens my skin nicely <3

This is my cheapie alternative to high end facial serums. Plenty of online blogs, research and beauty sites claim that Vitamin E Oil helps reduce scarring, is anti-aging and loaded with antioxidants. However plenty more advise against actually using this product on your skin. What I've deduced is that the potency of the Vitamin E Oil (indicated by IU) is important to further test out. I've been using a 4,000 IU skin oil quite successfully (but not without mishaps) and advise anyone looking to also add this into their skincare routine to start from there.

Mine came in a larger 4.8 FL oz. bottle, and I routinely refill an empty serum bottle with a pump. I like essential oils and will also add in a few drops of tea tree oil/lavender oil for antibacterial and the smell. I only use Vitamin E Oil at night as a serum now, after cleansing my face, and before moisturizing with a generic non-comedogenic moisturizer. One little pump, the size of a pea is all I will risk putting on my face each night because I did suffer some pretty terrible breakouts over the summer that I think was exacerbated (but not caused) by the Vitamin E Oil.

Other uses: cuticle moisturizer for before and after a self-manicure, leave-in hair conditioner, undereye moisturizer... I also used to use it as part of an oil cleansing routine but I discontinued oil-cleansing for good.

on 10/20/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A-mazing. I bought the Derma E pure vitamin E oil from my local health food store because the stuff at walmart had multiple ingredients in it that I wasn't willing to incorporate into my skincare regime. Anyway, I was a bit skeptical because this product also listed Safflower oil and I was told to get strictly Vit E, but this was the only option so I went for it. I AM SO HAPPY I DID! My skin was oily before I started my Exposed Regimen but the acids and peroxide I use now dries it out so that for once in my life I have dry skin. I bought the CeraVe cream because it was a cult classic and hated it. It wasn't moisturizing enough, didn't seem to penetrate my skin for hydration and never fully sunk into my skin. Enter Vit E: I added some info the CeraVe along with some lavender essential oil and aloe Vera and whipped it with a hand blender until mixed and I don't think I'm ever going to purchase another moisturizer again. After only one use my skin is FANTASTIC! Plump, hydrated, healthy glow... And for some of my rough patches I just put some more Vit E and BAM, gone. So in love right now!

on 9/26/2015 8:47:00 PM

First: my skin.

In high school I had moderate mostly T zone acne that benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and retina-a did not help. I went on Accutane (which I now regret) which dried everything up so that my skin dried out badly just washing it daily. My face was clear until the end of college.

I'm 25 and have gotten jawline and neck acne over the last few years. It's not super bad cystic acne, but it is the deeper-than-surface-whiteheads type. Nothing I've tried yet has cleared it up. I've even had my hormones tested for imbalances.

Anyway, being a hippie, I always look for natural products. I'm too much of a wuss to try the Oil Cleansing Method flat out, but I did try moisturizing with many types of natural oils, which in hindsight was a mistake. Jojoba oil was the only oil I found that didn't break me out worse around the jaw.

Then I bought some pure Vitamin E oil to use as a preservative for my homemade products. I have dry skin in the winter and must have popped some on one day to calm things down. HOLY COW! I'm so glad I did! I use it after I shower on my face and neck and it has worked wonderfully as a moisturizer and protectant. The best part? NO BREAKOUTS! I have even noticed it has plumped up the finer parts of my skin around my eyes and mouth! Definitely have incorporated this into my daily routine now and it holds holy grail status for me.

I buy from Camden-Grey Essential Oils, which sells the T-50 pure oil in bulk. It is a nice consistency: honey-colored, smooth and absorbs well. I have tried Unique Essential E Oil, which was a darker color and heavier consistency, but didn't like it because it was sticky and didn't absorb as well.

I did use the opaque white glass pump bottle from Unique though, which I now pour the Camden Grey oil into. Vitamin E does degrade with exposure to sunlight, so make sure you store in a cool, dark, dry place.

in less than 24 hours i broke out all over my face.!never buy gnc vit e oil!!!!!