Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)

Pure Vitamin E Oil (all brands)
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

Pure Vitamin E

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to use on cuticles and try on some scars, but I found an even better use. I have rosacea, and there are patches of skin on either side of my nose that are dry and flaky no matter what I do. They are also especially prone to irritation, so any exfoliation with a baby wash cloth has to be super gentle, and is never enough to get rid of the flaky skin there. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers with no luck either.

Those patches also happen to be very red, and such a pain to cover up, because makeup would just accentuate the flakes. On a complete whim, I dabbed a very small amount of pure vitamin E oil on them after washing my face. When I went to put on makeup, I figured it would probably slide right off, but alas, it went on super smoothly, stayed put, and with *no flakes*!

I'm thrilled with this! I really should have done a patch test (see below), but I lucked out with this one. No irritation or breakouts (though I'd never put all over my otherwise oily face), just soft, smooth cheeks for once. Hooray!

on 4/6/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I found out I am ALLERGIC to VItamin E!

I have tested several brands, of different levels of vitamin E, but sadly they've all left me with large red bumps on my face, as if my face met with several hungry mosquitoes. What's worse is that I can't even use it on other parts of my body as I get the same reaction.

It's such a shame too because I had such high hopes of healing my acne and other scars. Vitamin E is a big NO on my skin. :(

To Read all 177 Reviews, Login or Join

My only experience with vitamin E oil was with the sole purpose of fading a red scar above my upper lip 20 years ago. I had vitamins E capsules and literally punctured a hole in the capsule and applied to the scar daily and it healed up completely, no trace whatsoever of redness. I don't know that you need to buy a fancy oil, depending on your needs, but the capsule form is good for small amounts and quite sanitary too. I've read you can use these for dark circles under the eyes so I may try that next as part of my night time routine. Probably more effective than any eye cream too...

on 1/25/2016 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this is the liquid gold that coconut and argan oil seems to be for so many other people. Brace yourself because this is gonna be a long one...

I've tried coconut, argan, jojoba, avocado, almond, grape seed, etc, with no luck. Almost all caused blockage (hello blackheads), did nothing to fade acne scars, and left me flaky in my dry areas and an oil slick in my oily zones. The coconut and argan were especially lame in the hair department: they did nothing to revitalize my fine but dry, porous, and brittle hair. I tried different oil blends to get the right balance of moisture and protein, but I never figured it out.

Vitamin e is the only one that actually penetrates my skin and hair to deeply nourish. My tight, flaky skin is banished. It speeds the healing of blemishes and is fading my acne scars like no other. I gently press and massage this thick oil in at night at wake up to clear, plump, and radiant skin. So far it hasn't caused the blockage-type breakout (I get hormonal stuff no matter what) and I've been using it for about a week. I've also been using it on my peeling lips and cracked cuticles with great results.

As far as my hair goes, this stuff is a godsend. I'm not sure if it's actually repairing my breakage or just smoothing it so it's less apparent, but my hair looks and feels so much healthier even after just a couple applications. I've been trying to grow my hair to the collar bone region for years (yes, plural years) with no success because it'll get so damaged that I have to chop off several inches and start all over. But I'm optimistic that with regular use of vitamin e oil--in addition to a proper balance of moisture and protein and less heat styling--that I might finally reach my hair length goals. I've got two methods of application for this oil. I'll gently massage a few drops into my face framing layers, loosely braid it, then go to bed and wash out in the am. Or I'll add a glob to my Shae Moisture restorative conditioner (not the mask, just the regular conditioner) and leave in for roughly an hour then rinse and wash in the am. After all this my hair is not only smoother, softer, and tangle free, but it feels thicker and is shinier. It's crazy, nothing I've ever used on my hair had been this effective.

Oh, and I'm using the Kroger brand vitamin e. Not organic or anything, but either way it still seems quite effective for my purposes.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE this. So dewy, radiant, perfect consistency. Imparts angelic glow with 1-2 drops. And softens my skin nicely <3

This is my cheapie alternative to high end facial serums. Plenty of online blogs, research and beauty sites claim that Vitamin E Oil helps reduce scarring, is anti-aging and loaded with antioxidants. However plenty more advise against actually using this product on your skin. What I've deduced is that the potency of the Vitamin E Oil (indicated by IU) is important to further test out. I've been using a 4,000 IU skin oil quite successfully (but not without mishaps) and advise anyone looking to also add this into their skincare routine to start from there.

Mine came in a larger 4.8 FL oz. bottle, and I routinely refill an empty serum bottle with a pump. I like essential oils and will also add in a few drops of tea tree oil/lavender oil for antibacterial and the smell. I only use Vitamin E Oil at night as a serum now, after cleansing my face, and before moisturizing with a generic non-comedogenic moisturizer. One little pump, the size of a pea is all I will risk putting on my face each night because I did suffer some pretty terrible breakouts over the summer that I think was exacerbated (but not caused) by the Vitamin E Oil.

Other uses: cuticle moisturizer for before and after a self-manicure, leave-in hair conditioner, undereye moisturizer... I also used to use it as part of an oil cleansing routine but I discontinued oil-cleansing for good.

on 10/20/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A-mazing. I bought the Derma E pure vitamin E oil from my local health food store because the stuff at walmart had multiple ingredients in it that I wasn't willing to incorporate into my skincare regime. Anyway, I was a bit skeptical because this product also listed Safflower oil and I was told to get strictly Vit E, but this was the only option so I went for it. I AM SO HAPPY I DID! My skin was oily before I started my Exposed Regimen but the acids and peroxide I use now dries it out so that for once in my life I have dry skin. I bought the CeraVe cream because it was a cult classic and hated it. It wasn't moisturizing enough, didn't seem to penetrate my skin for hydration and never fully sunk into my skin. Enter Vit E: I added some info the CeraVe along with some lavender essential oil and aloe Vera and whipped it with a hand blender until mixed and I don't think I'm ever going to purchase another moisturizer again. After only one use my skin is FANTASTIC! Plump, hydrated, healthy glow... And for some of my rough patches I just put some more Vit E and BAM, gone. So in love right now!

on 9/26/2015 8:47:00 PM

First: my skin.

In high school I had moderate mostly T zone acne that benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and retina-a did not help. I went on Accutane (which I now regret) which dried everything up so that my skin dried out badly just washing it daily. My face was clear until the end of college.

I'm 25 and have gotten jawline and neck acne over the last few years. It's not super bad cystic acne, but it is the deeper-than-surface-whiteheads type. Nothing I've tried yet has cleared it up. I've even had my hormones tested for imbalances.

Anyway, being a hippie, I always look for natural products. I'm too much of a wuss to try the Oil Cleansing Method flat out, but I did try moisturizing with many types of natural oils, which in hindsight was a mistake. Jojoba oil was the only oil I found that didn't break me out worse around the jaw.

Then I bought some pure Vitamin E oil to use as a preservative for my homemade products. I have dry skin in the winter and must have popped some on one day to calm things down. HOLY COW! I'm so glad I did! I use it after I shower on my face and neck and it has worked wonderfully as a moisturizer and protectant. The best part? NO BREAKOUTS! I have even noticed it has plumped up the finer parts of my skin around my eyes and mouth! Definitely have incorporated this into my daily routine now and it holds holy grail status for me.

I buy from Camden-Grey Essential Oils, which sells the T-50 pure oil in bulk. It is a nice consistency: honey-colored, smooth and absorbs well. I have tried Unique Essential E Oil, which was a darker color and heavier consistency, but didn't like it because it was sticky and didn't absorb as well.

I did use the opaque white glass pump bottle from Unique though, which I now pour the Camden Grey oil into. Vitamin E does degrade with exposure to sunlight, so make sure you store in a cool, dark, dry place.

in less than 24 hours i broke out all over my face.!never buy gnc vit e oil!!!!!

I LOVEEE VITAMIN E...I CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT IT ANYMORE...EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT NOW...ESPECIALLY PEOPLE WITH DRY IRRITATED SKIN...I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT ONLY VITAMIN E HELPED ME....I ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMATIC SKIN BUT NOT ANYMORE...MY SKIN IS LIKE NEVER BEFORE...PLEASE TRY ONLY NATURAL VITAMIN E(D-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL)...NOT SYNTHETIC(DL-ALPHA)...MY FAVORITE IS FROM HEALTHY ORIGINS VITAMIN E 400IU...2 SOFTGELS ORALLY EVERY DAY... AND I LOVE SQUEEZING 1-2 SOFTGELS AND APPLY DIRECTLY ONTO MY FACE..I DON'T USE ANY OTHER MOISTURIZER ANYMORE! LOVEEE IT <3