Everyday Minerals Balancing Powder

Not tested on animals

on 1/12/2007 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ordered a sample of this and ended up liking it so much that I ordered the full-sized. I use this as a primer. It really does work well at controlling the oil. I haven't used EM intensive foundation without the balancing dust but I have used other brand mineral makeup and it control the oilies as well as this does. the only reason I took off a lippie is because I think the balancing powder might contribute to my skin looking too dry after I put on my makeup. I'm very interested in trying the finishing dust and silk powder from this line.

I am such a huge EM fan (just check out my past Board messages and the majority of my reviews) so when they came out with the new Balancing Powder, I just had to try it. I didn't even bother trying a small sample of it. I knew that this powder was supposed to be inorganic (no cornstarch, etc.) but also suppose to help absorb the oilies.
Well, I use it under my foundation on my T-Zone (nose & forehead), then I use the regular Finishing Dust on top of everything else. It seems to make a huge difference as I notice it still looks pretty fresh around lunchtime when I usually have some shine breakthrough.
Now I tried an experiment yesterday where I just used the Balancing Powder under and on top of my regular foundation and there was minimal to no shine for most of the day (7-8 hours)! I think this is a great product.**Just note that this isn't quite as translucent as the Finishing Dust which is why I used the Eve Dual Fiber Brush to put it on on TOP of my foundation so it wouldn't go on so thick.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica. continued >>