Everyday Minerals Balancing Powder

4.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Yes this is too white for me too as a regular all-over face powder but have discovered a way to make my own tinted finishing powder; just add a little of your regular foundation in and mix well. I use a separate mixing sifter jar I got at a beauty supply. Worked pretty well for me.

The Balancing /Finishing dust works well as a setting powder for other makeup on your face, but unless you have really ivory skin, you will need a tinted version.

I am such a huge EM fan (just check out my past Board messages and the majority of my reviews) so when they came out with the new Balancing Powder, I just had to try it. I didn't even bother trying a small sample of it. I knew that this powder was supposed to be inorganic (no cornstarch, etc.) but also suppose to help absorb the oilies.
Well, I use it under my foundation on my T-Zone (nose & forehead), then I use the regular Finishing Dust on top of everything else. It seems to make a huge difference as I notice it still looks pretty fresh around lunchtime when I usually have some shine breakthrough.
Now I tried an experiment yesterday where I just used the Balancing Powder under and on top of my regular foundation and there was minimal to no shine for most of the day (7-8 hours)! I think this is a great product.**Just note that this isn't quite as translucent as the Finishing Dust which is why I used the Eve Dual Fiber Brush to put it on on TOP of my foundation so it wouldn't go on so thick.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica. continued >>