Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent

3.9

Love this - I've got seriously dry skin - for which I've tried multiple face serums and moisturisers and nothing seemed to work! I like to use this 1-2 times a week on bare skin before I apply my moisturiser! It gives my skin the most gorgeous glow and tightens pores (sometimes too much it feels like I've had a mini facelift!) I bought it from Amazon for a great price and it has lasted since April and I reckon it won't run out until January! A little really does go a long way! Ever since I have been using this I am constantly asked at work why my skin is glowing! Cannot recommend this enough!

Overall, I really like this product. I have rosacea. So, my skin is prone to redness and prone to bumps and pimples. (Super fun!) I have not had any bad reactions to the Obagi Professional-C Serum 10%. In fact, when I have had blemishes, I feel they healed a bit faster because this was in my routine.

Why did I only give it 4 lippies instead of 5? Given that it is not an inexpensive product, I can't say I have noticed any amazing results, that my skin looks SO much younger, brighter, better, etc. Granted, I also have a fairly extensive beauty routine, which includes numerous products from my dermatologist, plus oils, and creams. So, for me, this may be more of a preventative measure than a bandage for existing problems. This serum does seem to work well within that routine, though.

Packaging. I do wish that it were a pump dispenser rather than an eyedropper so as to reduce exposure of the product to the air. It usually takes me at least three months or more to use an entire bottle. (I am mindful that the product is not oxidizing and losing its effectiveness.)

Although I wish the results were more dramatic and the packaging were different, I DO like it and I have already repurchased it twice since I started using it earlier this year. So, if you have more sensitive / reactive skin and are looking for a vitamin C product, I do recommend this one.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I Love this Vitamin C Product from Obagi! I'm using it in a way I haven't heard others talking about and getting some amazing results. I am in the process of using the Obagi Nu Derm line (Clear, Blender, Tretinoin Cream 0.05%) to exfoliate my old lady skin and rejuvenate youthful skin underneath. I'm 50 and have used the Obagi NuDerm line periodically and I swear by to keep my skin looking young - but it's not for the faint of heart.

It's been a few years since I used it and was seeing some large pores, uneven skin tone, and saggy spots showing up so I decided to go through it again. The only drawback is that you look just horrible for the first few months until your skin is done puckering & looking really leathery right before each horrific peeling session that it goes through. (This happens regularly and inconveniently, especially when you have a special day that you want to look your best - it will use murphy's law to pick that specific day to peel and flake and make you look like an alien snake). Anyway, this time I decided to forgo using the "Obagi Clear" full time so instead of putting it on in the daytime I incorporated this Vitamin C 10% for day use instead. I hadn't read about anyone doing this, crossing over with the Obagi product line but had read all the great reviews of the C and wanted to try it. I'm so glad I did. It changed everything!

I really look forward to the mornings when I get to put this wonderful C product on. It smooths out my skin tone instantly and seems to really plump it up. It feels like it's feeding my skin cells. My skin looks radiant and youthful all day when I use it, especially because all the old dead skin is now gone so it absorbs right into my new baby skin that's there. While I still experience some flaking throughout the day, it's no where near as ugly looking as it was before because my skin stays plump and youthful from the C. Now my skin just sheds off little eraser sized shavings that I simply just brush off my face. I'm still getting the full effects and benefits of the Obagi Nuderm without all extreme side effects. Eventually I will cut back on the Nuderm but don't plan on ever giving up this C serum. I love it!

on 8/31/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't care what they say about vitamin C being good for sun protection; I only use this at night. I found when using this on my dry/combination skin in the day ( which I did around 4-5 times ) it left me with dry, fine lines. However, I did notice that during the day, it would fade my melasma patches, which proves its antioxidant effect whilst exposed to UV light, even though I use an SPF (none of my sun protection actually fades whilst also protecting). At night, mixed with vitamin E oil ( which doubles effectiveness of Vit C) it works wonderfully. I only use it very sparingly, with regards to how often and that is usually after a light at home glycolic peel (NOT immediately after as that would sting like hell and cause irritation) but during the first week post peel, it enhances the fading of marks and glowy effect. I like the packaging; it is necessary that it is in a dark glass bottle and the dropper makes sense to control how much you use and for hygiene purposes. I have had it for three months and it is still potent. I keep it in the bottom drawer in my bedroom, cool and away from heat and tightly closed. I try not to leave it exposed to the air and light (artificial light as remember, I only use it at night) for very long when I do use it which is around twice to three times a month. It is pricey but if you suffer from pigmentation, it is definitely worth it. It lasts, as far as I can see; smells the same ( a pleasant citrusy, natural rather than artificial fragrance, more on the orange than lemony side of citrus ) looks the same and tingles just as much as when I first opened it. Yes, I nearly forgot; it does ( only sometimes, like I said mainly use it first week post peel ) tingle but a satisfying " it's working tingle " rather than painful or burning and that only lasts for first 5/10 minutes after applying. I do not use it with cream, only pure vitamin E oil. Overall, despite the price I would buy this again, 100%. It fades my STUBBORN melasma and makes my skin smooth and glowy. And one more thing my fellow hyperpigmentation/melasma warriors; our battle is one which requires patience and diligence but believe me; I never thought my melasma would fade but slowly, with consistent (not rushed) effort, it is.

on 9/26/2014 10:25:00 PM

10/10!!!
I’m usually a crème girl. Not one for the serums (as I have oily skin). But this product I brought a few months back from a medical skin clinic in Ballajura (Perth WA ) has done wounders to my skin! I use it about 2 times a week that is all I find I need. I use this product in combination with a breathable camouflage I also brought from the medical skin clinic ( Lycogel also a 10/10 product ). The both of them together just gives me the most fresh bright even skin tone no other product could ever come close to. Will defiantly be going back for another bottle but the 30ml iv had for about 3 months now is no were near finished I should be able to get another 8-9 months out of it as a little bit goes a long way!!!!
Give it a go 

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

asda

on 1/19/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I remembered using this product when I had acne in my early 20s, and while it didn't clear up my acne (only BCP and spiro did), I remembered that it helped my skin tone significantly. I was in Japan (where I originally got this product) recently and saw this product on the shelf, and decided to pick it up to see if it worked as well as I remembered, since I've been out of luck finding a C serum that I really like lately. I have to say that this is my favorite C serum currently, because not only does it improve my skin tone and make my skin look bright and healthy, but it also makes it look moist as well, which the other serums I had previously been using didn't do. It's pretty expensive, but not compared to Skinceuticals, and works really well, so I do plan on repurchasing until I happen upon something that works even better.

on 6/17/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of this serum. The texture is runny and sticky, and it both stings my skin and makes it impossible to apply makeup evenly. For the right skin type this may be a very effective treatment, but I prefer other forms of topical vitamin c.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Professional C Serum 15%.
Obagi is an expensive skincare brand. Its products claim to penetrate the skin more deeply therefore the ingredients would be more effective. After using the vitamin C serum, my skin tone became more even and it is visibly clearer. It comes in a small 1fl oz bottle which I apply every morning under a moisturizer with SPF. It gives off a healthy dewy finish and is supposedly fighting off harmful free radicals.
Overall I do love the deep penetrating serum. It helped heal some of my acne scarring and my skin tone is even and brighter. The downside is that it didn't prevent some freckle-like spots that sprang up around the corner or my eyes. It is also extremely pricey but that small dropper bottle is lasting 6 months.

on 4/18/2008 11:07:00 AM

I will turn 60 in a few weeks and have fair combination skin that is prone to occasional belmishes and blackheads. I have been using Obagi's C serum 10% for several months now and just purchased my 2nd bottle. I did a whole lot of research (i.e. WebMD & other sites not selling products) into Vit C serums prior to trying this. After finding a lot of creditable honest research on the benefits of topical Vit C, I decided to try it. I use AfirmX at night and the Vit. C serum in the am and my skin is smoother and tighter. Price wise, Obagi is cheaper than other brands and is packaged properly, in a dark blue bottle dropper bottle (Vit C breaks down when exposed to light and air). For anyone looking to try a Vit C serum, I highly recommend the Obagi brand.

Popular Face Skincare Products