Obagi Professional C Serum 10 percent

No Image

3.8

on 6/23/2017 10:57:00 AM

Hello to everybody here. My name is Diana S. and I started using Obagi products for the first time this month, June 2017. I bought:
-Obagi Clenziderm M.D. system (gift set)
-Obagi Hydrate Facial Moisturizer
-Obagi Gentle Rejuvenation Advance night repair
-Obagi Professional C serum 10% Strength
I used Clenziderm in the evening followed by gentle rejuvenation and in the morning only the cleaning foam from Clenziderm and the serum with the hydrate cream. All the products were new and not opened when arrived. Bought them from skinstore.
The package arrived on 15.06 and I started using them in the evening. All good and nice till Monday when I woke up with a burning and itchy face. I went to work and when I cam back put some cold yogurt from the fridge. Felt better, the burning disappeared. Next day started the nightmare. Went to the doctor as Tuesday my face was swallowed, burning and itchy. the doctor put me on histaminic pills and a cream with cortisone. Wednesday I woke up with a much more swallowed face, could not see with the right eye and scared went back to the doctor. He gave me a cream with Prednicarbat and to take the antihistaminic pills. Thursday I did not see no improvement, still swallowed, red and itchy. Today is Friday, and to my luck it was my marriage day. Just great! Run in the morning covered and with a big hat to protect myself from the sun. With tears in my eyes I said that this is how it is and this is much more important then how I look. I could even smile when I said yes and I totally forgot how I looked.Such a kitty that I can not add pictures here. :(
I tried to contact many times the ones on top, and they responded only one time and wrote me to send them the lot numbers and expiration dates. Ah, and to call at The Medical Information Department of Valeant Pharmaceuticals to better assist me. I thought is a joke. Even if I send them every day an e-amil with my status and with the pictures, they did not reply back at all. This really shows how concerned they are and how much they care.
But this made me to pursue more and to really want to make a claim against them, so now I wonder if anybody from here was in my situation and has proof to show. I have medical, pictures and people as witnesses.
Now I have thick packs of skin, red and itchy on my face and the forehead is a big one. At least around my nose (was double) and my eyes are not swallowed anymore.
I do not want that nobody is going thru what am I going right now. Please be aware! You can end up with a very bad
allergic reaction from it!
My overall rating is 0, 1 is too much! And I would say the same regarding their employees from Valeant.

Kind regards,
Diana

Love this - I've got seriously dry skin - for which I've tried multiple face serums and moisturisers and nothing seemed to work! I like to use this 1-2 times a week on bare skin before I apply my moisturiser! It gives my skin the most gorgeous glow and tightens pores (sometimes too much it feels like I've had a mini facelift!) I bought it from Amazon for a great price and it has lasted since April and I reckon it won't run out until January! A little really does go a long way! Ever since I have been using this I am constantly asked at work why my skin is glowing! Cannot recommend this enough!

Overall, I really like this product. I have rosacea. So, my skin is prone to redness and prone to bumps and pimples. (Super fun!) I have not had any bad reactions to the Obagi Professional-C Serum 10%. In fact, when I have had blemishes, I feel they healed a bit faster because this was in my routine.

Why did I only give it 4 lippies instead of 5? Given that it is not an inexpensive product, I can't say I have noticed any amazing results, that my skin looks SO much younger, brighter, better, etc. Granted, I also have a fairly extensive beauty routine, which includes numerous products from my dermatologist, plus oils, and creams. So, for me, this may be more of a preventative measure than a bandage for existing problems. This serum does seem to work well within that routine, though.

Packaging. I do wish that it were a pump dispenser rather than an eyedropper so as to reduce exposure of the product to the air. It usually takes me at least three months or more to use an entire bottle. (I am mindful that the product is not oxidizing and losing its effectiveness.)

Although I wish the results were more dramatic and the packaging were different, I DO like it and I have already repurchased it twice since I started using it earlier this year. So, if you have more sensitive / reactive skin and are looking for a vitamin C product, I do recommend this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I Love this Vitamin C Product from Obagi! I'm using it in a way I haven't heard others talking about and getting some amazing results. I am in the process of using the Obagi Nu Derm line (Clear, Blender, Tretinoin Cream 0.05%) to exfoliate my old lady skin and rejuvenate youthful skin underneath. I'm 50 and have used the Obagi NuDerm line periodically and I swear by to keep my skin looking young - but it's not for the faint of heart.

It's been a few years since I used it and was seeing some large pores, uneven skin tone, and saggy spots showing up so I decided to go through it again. The only drawback is that you look just horrible for the first few months until your skin is done puckering & looking really leathery right before each horrific peeling session that it goes through. (This happens regularly and inconveniently, especially when you have a special day that you want to look your best - it will use murphy's law to pick that specific day to peel and flake and make you look like an alien snake). Anyway, this time I decided to forgo using the "Obagi Clear" full time so instead of putting it on in the daytime I incorporated this Vitamin C 10% for day use instead. I hadn't read about anyone doing this, crossing over with the Obagi product line but had read all the great reviews of the C and wanted to try it. I'm so glad I did. It changed everything!

I really look forward to the mornings when I get to put this wonderful C product on. It smooths out my skin tone instantly and seems to really plump it up. It feels like it's feeding my skin cells. My skin looks radiant and youthful all day when I use it, especially because all the old dead skin is now gone so it absorbs right into my new baby skin that's there. While I still experience some flaking throughout the day, it's no where near as ugly looking as it was before because my skin stays plump and youthful from the C. Now my skin just sheds off little eraser sized shavings that I simply just brush off my face. I'm still getting the full effects and benefits of the Obagi Nuderm without all extreme side effects. Eventually I will cut back on the Nuderm but don't plan on ever giving up this C serum. I love it!

on 8/31/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't care what they say about vitamin C being good for sun protection; I only use this at night. I found when using this on my dry/combination skin in the day ( which I did around 4-5 times ) it left me with dry, fine lines. However, I did notice that during the day, it would fade my melasma patches, which proves its antioxidant effect whilst exposed to UV light, even though I use an SPF (none of my sun protection actually fades whilst also protecting). At night, mixed with vitamin E oil ( which doubles effectiveness of Vit C) it works wonderfully. I only use it very sparingly, with regards to how often and that is usually after a light at home glycolic peel (NOT immediately after as that would sting like hell and cause irritation) but during the first week post peel, it enhances the fading of marks and glowy effect. I like the packaging; it is necessary that it is in a dark glass bottle and the dropper makes sense to control how much you use and for hygiene purposes. I have had it for three months and it is still potent. I keep it in the bottom drawer in my bedroom, cool and away from heat and tightly closed. I try not to leave it exposed to the air and light (artificial light as remember, I only use it at night) for very long when I do use it which is around twice to three times a month. It is pricey but if you suffer from pigmentation, it is definitely worth it. It lasts, as far as I can see; smells the same ( a pleasant citrusy, natural rather than artificial fragrance, more on the orange than lemony side of citrus ) looks the same and tingles just as much as when I first opened it. Yes, I nearly forgot; it does ( only sometimes, like I said mainly use it first week post peel ) tingle but a satisfying " it's working tingle " rather than painful or burning and that only lasts for first 5/10 minutes after applying. I do not use it with cream, only pure vitamin E oil. Overall, despite the price I would buy this again, 100%. It fades my STUBBORN melasma and makes my skin smooth and glowy. And one more thing my fellow hyperpigmentation/melasma warriors; our battle is one which requires patience and diligence but believe me; I never thought my melasma would fade but slowly, with consistent (not rushed) effort, it is.

on 9/26/2014 10:25:00 PM

10/10!!!
Im usually a crme girl. Not one for the serums (as I have oily skin). But this product I brought a few months back from a medical skin clinic in Ballajura (Perth WA ) has done wounders to my skin! I use it about 2 times a week that is all I find I need. I use this product in combination with a breathable camouflage I also brought from the medical skin clinic ( Lycogel also a 10/10 product ). The both of them together just gives me the most fresh bright even skin tone no other product could ever come close to. Will defiantly be going back for another bottle but the 30ml iv had for about 3 months now is no were near finished I should be able to get another 8-9 months out of it as a little bit goes a long way!!!!
Give it a go 

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

asda

on 1/19/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I remembered using this product when I had acne in my early 20s, and while it didn't clear up my acne (only BCP and spiro did), I remembered that it helped my skin tone significantly. I was in Japan (where I originally got this product) recently and saw this product on the shelf, and decided to pick it up to see if it worked as well as I remembered, since I've been out of luck finding a C serum that I really like lately. I have to say that this is my favorite C serum currently, because not only does it improve my skin tone and make my skin look bright and healthy, but it also makes it look moist as well, which the other serums I had previously been using didn't do. It's pretty expensive, but not compared to Skinceuticals, and works really well, so I do plan on repurchasing until I happen upon something that works even better.

on 6/17/2010 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of this serum. The texture is runny and sticky, and it both stings my skin and makes it impossible to apply makeup evenly. For the right skin type this may be a very effective treatment, but I prefer other forms of topical vitamin c.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Professional C Serum 15%.
Obagi is an expensive skincare brand. Its products claim to penetrate the skin more deeply therefore the ingredients would be more effective. After using the vitamin C serum, my skin tone became more even and it is visibly clearer. It comes in a small 1fl oz bottle which I apply every morning under a moisturizer with SPF. It gives off a healthy dewy finish and is supposedly fighting off harmful free radicals.
Overall I do love the deep penetrating serum. It helped heal some of my acne scarring and my skin tone is even and brighter. The downside is that it didn't prevent some freckle-like spots that sprang up around the corner or my eyes. It is also extremely pricey but that small dropper bottle is lasting 6 months.

Popular Face Skincare Products