New York Color Liquid Lip Shine in Sungold Pink

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

For reference, I'm NW45/NC50/Revlon ColorStay Cappucino with full pigmented lips. I was looking for something like NARS Orgasm gloss but less expensive. I tried MAC Nymphette and Milani Summer Baby but they both were too gold. I tried this but it is too frosty. I did find what I was looking for, but this wasn't it... Like most colors, not every color works for everyone, so I gave this to my caramel-complexion sister who can rock it!

This is my fave gloss from NYC. I think they discontinued this color since they repackaged the LLS, or as mentioned they may have renamed it, I don't know. They still have them in Dollar Tree and Big Lots so everytime I spot them I pick up a couple. So, now I have at least 4 backups. I love this gloss alone, giving my lips a pretty subtle golden glow, over l/s if it needs a little something more, or to tone it down. I also love the cake batter smell. Many may disagree, but I think it's yummy.

To Read all 131 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this lip color!!!! It brings out the gold tones in my skin and my eyes!!! I really love it :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good lip gloss. It's a nice neutral color and doesn't look too crazy for everyday use. It's very inexpensive, too. Now they've reformulated these glosses and have different colors. Or maybe it's just new names? But I do prefer the new ones to this kind. The packing is much better and the have more color payoff. But these are good as well.

on 2/16/2011 7:23:00 PM

Really pretty color and cheap too!!! Will repurchase!!!

EDIT: Gross smell, Gave up on it.

on 2/8/2011 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I love this stuff! It's a very sheer pink with golden shimmer on my lips. You can wear it alone or wear it over your lipstick.

on 1/29/2011 2:30:00 PM

Sungold Pink has a nice pearlescent sheen to it. It is perfect for dabbing onto the centre of the lips to give it some fullness. I would not recommend applying it to the entire lip, as the shine can appear overwhelming.

on 12/17/2010 1:01:00 PM

This little tube is one of my favorite glosses ever. I love the formula of NYC glosses because they don't feel too sticky and they stay put. I layed this with NYX Darling round lipstick and it looks absolutely beautiful. I will repurchase this many times over because it's a very versitile gloss. Can be worn alone or with lipstick.

on 12/3/2010 9:59:00 PM

mmmmm...why did I avoid getting this one for so long? I like it alot, but then I am a big fan of most of the NYC Lip Shines. This one has the least amount of color, just a tint of warm pink gold...but has that same pretty gleam and shine and creamy feel. Looks great by itself when you want an understated lip, or with no other makeup. Also works well over lip liners or lipstick without changing the color too much, maybe just warming it up a notch.

Excellent lip gloss, I have used high end glosses that could not compare.

Don't judge these glosses by how they look in the tube, or by the very low price. They are worth a lot more!! And I find that the ones in the blister packs all smell like vanilla icing!

on 11/9/2010 12:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

ATTENTION PEOPLE: I know this for certain now their are 2 versions of this gloss out their a new one and an old one. The old one has the older style of packaging with a silver lid and a silver rim around the lid. The NYC slogan is written in colourful letters. The old version was a very pale pink with Tons of shimmer and very frosty. I did not like it personally, I found it very teeny bopper like.

The new version is a frosty peachy coral shade. It has a black lid and NYC is written in black letters. I love the color-it is quite shimmery so if you don't like shimmer I'd stay away from this but I love the color.

Some people say this gloss is a dupe for NARS orgasm, In my opinion the new version is similar, but is a bit more shimmery. I actually prefer this lipgloss to NARS orgasm however except for it has a faint scent which I don't like but it doesn't kill me either. It might bother some people who don't like scented glosses.

Great gloss for the price!