Jergens Original Scent Lotion

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Jergens Original Scent Lotion
Original Scent Lotion

4.8

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ESTERS, GLYCERYL DILAURATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, LANOLIN OIL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nostalgia trip! This was one of the body lotions I have fond memories of this scent from the 90's and well into today when I want to switch scents up a bit. The same cherry almond fragrance still smells great today. A nice lightweight lotion good for daytime use for as a light moisturizer. I have normal to dry skin with my joints being a little extra dry in cold/dry weather and this does a nice job of keeping me moisturized for a while. Its not a heavy cream at all so my joints dont stay soft for as long. But since this is a body lotion and not marketed as a "heavy cream" type product its not a negative for me. This may not be for sensitive skin or people who dont want/are not looking for a scented lotion becuase of the fragrance so be careful if thats you. Sinces its a lighter lotion it sinks in pretty fast and dosnt feel greasy on the skin. Scent lasts for a while but not for several hours so ig you really like the smell you may have to re apply to keep the scent on. Very affordable for the amount you get so it should last a while even with daily use. Very happy with this lotion and will contuine to buy it!

on 7/18/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this lotion. It makes my skin feel so soft and it doesn't wear off after a few hours, it lasts all day. It's easy and fast to rub in and doesn't leave me feeling all greasy.

the packaging is a huge oval-like bottle, and easy to see over all the other miscellaneous things I have on my dresser. I can't say the packaging makes it easy to get the last bit out of the bottle, which does bug me because it's a hassle trying to get out the last bit, but it is cute while there is a lot of product in there.

I would buy this over and over again. It's a bit more pricey than Vaseline lotion, but I'll spend the extra dollar or two for this. I've found Vaseline lotion makes me feel a bit greasy, which I hate, especially if I'm putting on long pants after moisturizing my legs. I don't find this product to be greasy at all, in fact, it's the perfect moisturizer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

In the spring/summer I stick with St. Ives lotions, but in the winter I'm all about Jergens. It's creamy, smells nice and has a good, thick consistency. It sinks into my skin effortlessly and doesn't leave any sort of sticky feeling. It makes my skin softer and it may be my imagination, but various scars on my body that I've had for years look like they're fading ever since I've began using it. That, however, could be from anything.

I will say that there is one thing to be cautious about: be careful if you want to use this on your face instead of a facial moisturizer, because it may not play well with other cleansers/toners you use. I applied a little bit to my cheeks and forehead to rub in out of curiosity one night after a shower and underneath my eyes, my cheeks, my eyebrow area and chin started to burn. I had to wash it off asap. I usually don't use regular lotions on my face anyway so chances are it won't happen to you, but use caution regardless. Overall, at least for my body, this lotion is amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is staple in my house even if we're not using it everyday. I love the smell it reminds me of when I was younger. I have oily skin so this is very light and refreshing. The smell lingers for a while too which I love :)