Jergens Original Scent Lotion

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Jergens Original Scent Lotion
Original Scent Lotion

4.3

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ESTERS, GLYCERYL DILAURATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, LANOLIN OIL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nostalgia trip! This was one of the body lotions I have fond memories of this scent from the 90's and well into today when I want to switch scents up a bit. The same cherry almond fragrance still smells great today. A nice lightweight lotion good for daytime use for as a light moisturizer. I have normal to dry skin with my joints being a little extra dry in cold/dry weather and this does a nice job of keeping me moisturized for a while. Its not a heavy cream at all so my joints dont stay soft for as long. But since this is a body lotion and not marketed as a "heavy cream" type product its not a negative for me. This may not be for sensitive skin or people who dont want/are not looking for a scented lotion becuase of the fragrance so be careful if thats you. Sinces its a lighter lotion it sinks in pretty fast and dosnt feel greasy on the skin. Scent lasts for a while but not for several hours so ig you really like the smell you may have to re apply to keep the scent on. Very affordable for the amount you get so it should last a while even with daily use. Very happy with this lotion and will contuine to buy it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7/17/2006 - I have finally found an all-purpose body lotion that actually makes my dry, itchy skin feel quenched and soothed upon application. The scent is pure nostalgia and reminds me of when I was a little girl but, it loses a lippy because the cherry almond scent turns into the scent of baby powder minutes after I've applied it. It's still nice but I would prefer if it stayed cherry almond. I still love my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula right out of the shower the best for my super dry skin, but Jergens Original is perfect for 'cleansing the palate' and soothing the 'itchies' when I need a change from the cocoa butter fragrance. Did I mention it's dirt cheap? HG :) (Originally 4 lippies)

UPDATE: 7/18/2016: I just purchased a new bottle of this lotion. Well, it really isn't this lotion anymore. They've changed the packaging AND the formula but kept the original scent and charge three times what the old one cost. I apply my lotion right out of the shower while my skin is still damp. This new formula completely breaks up and balls on the skin. I had to jump back in the shower to rinse it off! I normally would just pass it on to a friend who may just use it as a hand lotion, However this time, I am returning it. I feel I need to take a more active role when I am unhappy with a product. Will never repurchase.

on 6/28/2016 12:33:00 AM

A classic. Nothing since the creation of this iconic lotion has been able to top it.
It moisturizes the skin without making it greasy but it's cherry-almond scent is what has endeared it to many generations over the years. Comforting and a beauty in it's own class.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of Jergens lotions, especially this one because of the scent!! Moisturizes my skin without making it feel greasy or thick. I like to use this product during day and night. Definitely would repurchase :)

on 4/20/2015 12:58:00 PM

LOOOVE THIS LOTION. The scent reminds me of the 80s and 90s when my mom would use this and I would sneak under her sink to use it too haha. This makes my skin super soft , and for the price you can't beat it ! I use this in the spring/summer and switch to the Shea butter formula in the winter. This is a classic product that I will continue to buy !

on 1/18/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this lotion!! It does a great job of moisturizing and it's light, not heavy or greasy. The best thing about it is the classic cherry almond smell. I really can't get enough of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I can't believe I am so in love with Jergens lotion but nothing compares to it in this catagory for me. I live in New England and the winters here can be rough on skin. During the winter months, I tend to get itchy, eczema like patches of red irritated skin on my arms and torso. Plus dry flaky skin on my legs. Over the years, I have tried oils, butters, lotions all either HE or drug store. Nothing really seemed to help all that much and I would have to live with it till the warmer weather rolled around.

I ended up picking this up because of the scent. I have been addicted to cherry almond scents since I was a teen and used Vidal Sassoon hair products (80's not the new current line) and was completely hooked on it. Much to my surprise, I love this lotion. It's not too heavy, it heals and makes those itchy patches disappear and smells divine. It's easy to get and easy on the wallet.

It's kinda of perfect. Love!

on 7/18/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this lotion. It makes my skin feel so soft and it doesn't wear off after a few hours, it lasts all day. It's easy and fast to rub in and doesn't leave me feeling all greasy.

the packaging is a huge oval-like bottle, and easy to see over all the other miscellaneous things I have on my dresser. I can't say the packaging makes it easy to get the last bit out of the bottle, which does bug me because it's a hassle trying to get out the last bit, but it is cute while there is a lot of product in there.

I would buy this over and over again. It's a bit more pricey than Vaseline lotion, but I'll spend the extra dollar or two for this. I've found Vaseline lotion makes me feel a bit greasy, which I hate, especially if I'm putting on long pants after moisturizing my legs. I don't find this product to be greasy at all, in fact, it's the perfect moisturizer.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I needed a new moisturizer, and was browsing the isles, couldn't find one that seemed like it would suit my dry/semi sensitive skin, when I remembered I use to use about 14 yrs ago, jergens. Took a whiff of the original scent and it took me back to when I was younger. I had to buy it. Glad I did, very moisturizng but not greasy. Leaves my skin soft and smooth. It has improved the appearance of my dry hands dramatically. Love this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have this in my purse from time as a hand lotion. I like the smell, it's not overpowering at all. It absorbs quickly and moisturizes well. I have and will definitely buy the trial size for my purse again, and maybe I'll try it on my body someday.