Jergens Original Scent Lotion

Original Scent Lotion

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ESTERS, GLYCERYL DILAURATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, LANOLIN OIL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN

on 11/5/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like many MUAers, I feel like I've used it all. From high-end body lotions like La Mer through Philosophy, then the laundry list of "natural" Whole Foods-types through the drug store brands. And here is where I am: Jergen's Original! This is a very simple glycerin-water-filler formula with a little salt thrown in along with preservative (believe me, you want the tiny amount of preservatives!) but it works if you use it consistently. Which is the key to all products. Every time I put it in, someone comments positively about the scent. It reminds me of being a kid! One of the big selling points is that I don't feel like a greased monkey after application!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7/17/2006 - I have finally found an all-purpose body lotion that actually makes my dry, itchy skin feel quenched and soothed upon application. The scent is pure nostalgia and reminds me of when I was a little girl but, it loses a lippy because the cherry almond scent turns into the scent of baby powder minutes after I've applied it. It's still nice but I would prefer if it stayed cherry almond. I still love my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula right out of the shower the best for my super dry skin, but Jergens Original is perfect for 'cleansing the palate' and soothing the 'itchies' when I need a change from the cocoa butter fragrance. Did I mention it's dirt cheap? HG :) (Originally 4 lippies)

UPDATE: 7/18/2016: I just purchased a new bottle of this lotion. Well, it really isn't this lotion anymore. They've changed the packaging AND the formula but kept the original scent and charge three times what the old one cost. I apply my lotion right out of the shower while my skin is still damp. This new formula completely breaks up and balls on the skin. I had to jump back in the shower to rinse it off! I normally would just pass it on to a friend who may just use it as a hand lotion, However this time, I am returning it. I feel I need to take a more active role when I am unhappy with a product. Will never repurchase.

on 7/3/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this body lotion. The scent of cherry almond is to die for. I have repurchased this over and over. It soaks in my dry skin and the scent lasts on me. No migraine inducer either....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of Jergens lotions, especially this one because of the scent!! Moisturizes my skin without making it feel greasy or thick. I like to use this product during day and night. Definitely would repurchase :)

on 2/8/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. I needed a cheap travel size (hand lotion in a pinch and these were on sale at Walgreens (2 oz. tubes) for 99 cents (reg $2.00) so I picked on up. Not a huge fan - did not like smell. Felt a little greasy but not horribly so. I will stick to Aveeno or other drugstore brands - or my fancy-schmancy stuff.

Cheap - yes.
Awesome? No.

P.S. - Strongly "fake cherry" scented - and I am NOT a fan.

Reminds me of my mom using this when I was little, so a nostalgic smell for me. Average as a moisturizer, not too light not too heavy.

on 4/17/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually loved how this sample felt and how well and quickly it absorbed into my skin. The scent was oddly familiar and i love it. I checked the ingredients and the 3rd is Alcohol Denat which is drying to the skin. I was going to buy this but not now, hopefully they'll change this with a better ingredient.

on 10/5/2011 10:38:00 PM

This is a great body moisturizer, however the smell is not what I expected. There is a "cherry almond" scent to it, but it's overpowered by a heavy perfume scent.
It absorbs into the skin nicely but I cannot say I will repurchase this particular lotion.

on 10/2/2011 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ahh, the sweet nostalgia that is the cherry almond scent of the original Jergens lotion! I love this stuff; it sinks into my skin very well, providing lasting moisture. I particularly like to apply before bed, so that it has all night to sink in. This has saved my hands from all the washing I do at work as a nurse, and I keep a travel sized bottle in my work bag. I love the old-fashioned scent of this product, too.

on 7/10/2011 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this stuff! I love the cherry almond scent! It isn't artificial smelling or too heavy. I find it very light and doesn't overpower my body spray or perfume, and the lotion itself sinks right into my skin and keeps it soft. And the bottle is HUGE and the price is CHEAP! And since I'm in college and can't keep shelling out dollars for BBW, this is a great (and cheap) alternative! Would definitely buy again!

Popular Lotions / Creams