Jergens Original Scent Lotion

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Jergens Original Scent Lotion
Original Scent Lotion

4.3

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ESTERS, GLYCERYL DILAURATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, LANOLIN OIL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7/17/2006 - I have finally found an all-purpose body lotion that actually makes my dry, itchy skin feel quenched and soothed upon application. The scent is pure nostalgia and reminds me of when I was a little girl but, it loses a lippy because the cherry almond scent turns into the scent of baby powder minutes after I've applied it. It's still nice but I would prefer if it stayed cherry almond. I still love my Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula right out of the shower the best for my super dry skin, but Jergens Original is perfect for 'cleansing the palate' and soothing the 'itchies' when I need a change from the cocoa butter fragrance. Did I mention it's dirt cheap? HG :) (Originally 4 lippies)

UPDATE: 7/18/2016: I just purchased a new bottle of this lotion. Well, it really isn't this lotion anymore. They've changed the packaging AND the formula but kept the original scent and charge three times what the old one cost. I apply my lotion right out of the shower while my skin is still damp. This new formula completely breaks up and balls on the skin. I had to jump back in the shower to rinse it off! I normally would just pass it on to a friend who may just use it as a hand lotion, However this time, I am returning it. I feel I need to take a more active role when I am unhappy with a product. Will never repurchase.

on 7/3/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this body lotion. The scent of cherry almond is to die for. I have repurchased this over and over. It soaks in my dry skin and the scent lasts on me. No migraine inducer either....

on 2/8/2016 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. I needed a cheap travel size (hand lotion in a pinch and these were on sale at Walgreens (2 oz. tubes) for 99 cents (reg $2.00) so I picked on up. Not a huge fan - did not like smell. Felt a little greasy but not horribly so. I will stick to Aveeno or other drugstore brands - or my fancy-schmancy stuff.

Cheap - yes.
Awesome? No.

P.S. - Strongly "fake cherry" scented - and I am NOT a fan.

on 12/28/2013 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have always loved this lotion, when I was a little girl my grandmother used it. It came in a glass bottle, I thought it smelled heavenly. It brings back memories every time I smell it.

Anyway, 5 lippies for cherry-almond fragrance and being able to use this lotion on any area of the face and body. 5 lippies to the Jergen's company for continuing to keep this lotion on the shelves for so many years.

I would say it gives light to moderate moisturizing, I use it mainly in the summer months. I will always buy this lotion.

on 4/17/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I love this moisturizer i love jergens they have the best variety of lotions they are inexpensive for the huge bottle that they come in i love the original scent one it defenetly reminds me of my child hood and my doctor he was a huge fan of jergens and encouraged everyone to use it ive tried so far the anti aging one the aloe one and the original scent im looking foward to trying all of them so far i love the ones ive tried i defenetly recommend jergens for theyr quality theyr packaging theyr variety and inexpnsiveness hope this helped :)

on 1/4/2011 12:49:00 AM

This lotion is quite the problem. It's addicting! The smell is amazing, I sometimes open the cap just to sniff one of my favorite scents!

It should be noted that the delicious cherry almond smell does not linger for an extended period of time so it won't compete with perfume. And its a soft and non chemical smell that sometimes happens with cherry scented products.

The lotion itself absorbs quickly and is a fairly normal run of the mill drugstore consistency but I feel like th moisture level is really great with this lotion.

I would, have, and will continue to repurchase.

on 10/26/2008 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of my favourite lotions to use. I find myself always coming back to the original scent lotion. I like to experiment with different body lotions but Jergens beats them all. Its classic, affordable, smells fantastic and moisturize very well. I love the cherry almond scent- it's mild yet leaves me feeling fresh and warm after a shower. Always a staple in my home.

on 6/11/2008 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lotion! It smells SOOO good! I actually first saw this at my grandpa's house. (kinda weird..) I pumped a bit out & rubbed my hands together. My first thought was "WOW! THIS SMELLS GOOD!" I looked at the scent name & it was Cherry-Almond. Omg, I love the smell of almond & all berry scents!!! & I have a really sensitive nose. Any scent could really give me a headache & make me irritated.

I was so glad when my mom bought this! It feels so moisturizing on my skin. I really like applying it to my hands right after washing my hands because I have eczema & not immediately applying lotion makes my hands feel 'cracked'.

I rated it a 4 only because the packaging & design is ugly & plain, but that's no problem for me.

UPDATE: In only a couple days of using this on my hands, it actually helped clear up some of the eczema on my hands!

on 5/5/2008 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love love love this body lotion. I've been using it pretty consistently for 7 years now. I try others but always come back to this one.

My skin is dry and itchy and prone to "chicken skin" (little hard white bumps from dryness). When I use this for a few days, the bumps go away and my skin is really soft. This lotion absorbs really quickly and is not greasy in the slightest. You don't feel a need to go wash your hands before you touch other things. It's really a fantastic lotion.

My favorite part, however, is the scent. I have yet to get tired of it. I smell it and it's basically heaven. Faintly like fresh cherries (not cheap lipgloss cherry, actual cherries) and almond extract (like what you bake with, not cloying). It's just, delicious. This lotion makes me want to touch and smell my skin all the time. And it's SO SO SO cheap. You don't have to spend a lot to get a great skin product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this lotion. It sinks in really quickly, has a nice texture and smells great! It is not an overpowering scent but I love it. I use this more in summer when I need something a little bit lighter, although this is really good almost year round. It is just that I have REALLY dry skin and need something a little more heavy duty for the winter.

Popular Lotions / Creams