Jergens Original Scent Lotion

Jergens Original Scent Lotion
Original Scent Lotion

4.2

WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ESTERS, GLYCERYL DILAURATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARETH-20, LANOLIN OIL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN

on 11/5/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like many MUAers, I feel like I've used it all. From high-end body lotions like La Mer through Philosophy, then the laundry list of "natural" Whole Foods-types through the drug store brands. And here is where I am: Jergen's Original! This is a very simple glycerin-water-filler formula with a little salt thrown in along with preservative (believe me, you want the tiny amount of preservatives!) but it works if you use it consistently. Which is the key to all products. Every time I put it in, someone comments positively about the scent. It reminds me of being a kid! One of the big selling points is that I don't feel like a greased monkey after application!

on 7/3/2016 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this body lotion. The scent of cherry almond is to die for. I have repurchased this over and over. It soaks in my dry skin and the scent lasts on me. No migraine inducer either....

on 6/28/2016 12:33:00 AM

A classic. Nothing since the creation of this iconic lotion has been able to top it.
It moisturizes the skin without making it greasy but it's cherry-almond scent is what has endeared it to many generations over the years. Comforting and a beauty in it's own class.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a big fan of Jergens lotions, especially this one because of the scent!! Moisturizes my skin without making it feel greasy or thick. I like to use this product during day and night. Definitely would repurchase :)

on 9/3/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this lotion for years. It deeply moisturizes my dry skin and my skin looks and feels smoother and healthier looking. It doesn't leave a greasy film either. I use it on my feet all the way up to my hands and neck. If you have never tried this stuff the first thing you will be attracted to is the smell. It smells like cherry almond! And I love almonds. Here's also a perfume tip, this lotions scent pairs perfectly with Guerlains Le Petite Robe Noire, Lolita Lempicka, Dior hypnotic Poison, and other cherry and or almond perfumes.

This lotion is so cheap too and can be found in most stores. I buy a jumbo 32oz(946 ml) size bottle with a pump and it lasts me a long time. This is a classic and one of the best lotions out there!

on 4/20/2015 12:58:00 PM

LOOOVE THIS LOTION. The scent reminds me of the 80s and 90s when my mom would use this and I would sneak under her sink to use it too haha. This makes my skin super soft , and for the price you can't beat it ! I use this in the spring/summer and switch to the Shea butter formula in the winter. This is a classic product that I will continue to buy !

on 1/18/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this lotion!! It does a great job of moisturizing and it's light, not heavy or greasy. The best thing about it is the classic cherry almond smell. I really can't get enough of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I can't believe I am so in love with Jergens lotion but nothing compares to it in this catagory for me. I live in New England and the winters here can be rough on skin. During the winter months, I tend to get itchy, eczema like patches of red irritated skin on my arms and torso. Plus dry flaky skin on my legs. Over the years, I have tried oils, butters, lotions all either HE or drug store. Nothing really seemed to help all that much and I would have to live with it till the warmer weather rolled around.

I ended up picking this up because of the scent. I have been addicted to cherry almond scents since I was a teen and used Vidal Sassoon hair products (80's not the new current line) and was completely hooked on it. Much to my surprise, I love this lotion. It's not too heavy, it heals and makes those itchy patches disappear and smells divine. It's easy to get and easy on the wallet.

It's kinda of perfect. Love!

Classic!! Like Oil Of Olay original, Loves Baby Soft, Noxema, Seabreeze, or Dove bar soap, I would put it into a timeless catagory such as those. Smells soooo good. I had a friend who wore it (my mom isn't much on lotions & cosmetics so didn't grow up w it), but I think fondly of her. I asked her what smelled so good & she let me in on her secret. Well this lotion isn't much of a secret since millions love this scent/formula & it's a best seller for a reason, plus it's nice that you can get it at just about any DS. I have a ton of VS & B&BW lotions but if I had to pare down my collection, I would always keep a bottle (at least 1!!) around. This is my HG lotion. I keep coming back after not being as happy w my more expensive, heavily scented lotions. I wish I could find a perfume EDT type product that has this exact smell. On another note, not only love this lotion but also love the hand soap. I cannot say enough good things about this lotion. Good scent, great price, the pump container is convenient, & it's readily available at a lot of stores. Love, love, love!!

on 1/12/2014 8:14:00 PM

Yummy smell and not greasy. I've paid lots for other almond scented lotions but this,by far, is the best.