no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

It rocks, and it's very moisturzing, I have it in pearl, light brown, dark brown, green, and peachy orange, it is awesaome. I love prestoge glosses, vinylwear and the plumping ones, and the lipliners rock too, I use matching lipliners with it, and it makes my finishing touches looks perfect. Well it's worth the price these items. You know, I can't get enough of it, so I give it a score five

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I recently got some Prestige Vinylwear in Sienna Speed (warm rose creme) and in Mocha Frenzy (brown). The colors are excellent. The price is right. But the Prestige line can be hard to find in some areas. These glosses can be fairly opaque, or sheer, depending on how you apply them. I like the scent, a spicey candy scent that reminds me of EL high gloss tube glosses.

About reviewer (1117 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

10 years ago

This was the very first time I purchased Prestige's Vinylwear Lipgloss. I got the shade "Cha-Cha" because it looked like a nice pinky-brown frost, but upon applying it to my lips, it was much lighter and frostier than I had thought it would be, and it looks more pigmented in the tube than it actually does on your lips. The texture was fine for me, but the taste.....Terrible and it has a strong fragrance to it that smells like baby powder, yuck!! I don't know why cosmetic companies have to use fragrance in their cosmetics. A light, subtle fragrance is fine, but this is just too much for me. This was a disappointment for me.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I got this for free from a conference so I really can't complain much, however I actually do like this gloss! It has good staying power, a tiny bit on the sticky side which I like. Also, the color that I got "Gilded Rose" is a really pretty rose gold color that goes with lipstick colors I wear. It also looks pretty on it's own. I actually like the smell too! Doesn't taste like anything though. I would not repurchase this particular color or any other lipgloss however because I like to get new ones each time. I would try others from this same line though.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I love it! I first tried Vinylwear in "Tempest" and loved the color from the first go. I have naturally full lips and a round face shape so I thought lipgloss would make my lips look a bit weird, but I feel this color is perfect - the right amount of shine and the right shade. In fact, I now prefer this over lipstick! I really like the way it lasts and lasts too (except when eating of course!). I added the clear Vinylwear lipgloss to my collection as well - so I can now have the shine anywhere anytime, without even the aid of a mirror. I know lots of reviewers here loathed the smell, but honestly, it's never bothered me at all. I've just given it another whiff - just to be sure, and I must say it is a little unusual, maybe a fruity fragrance would've been much better. But still, the smell doesn't bother me at all. This lipgloss is for you if you don't want to spend much on a lipgloss, and yet want great shine and staying power.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0
from

12 years ago

Picked this out of the clearance bin at the d/s. Really love the color (VW-20; Can-Can), which is a warm, medium-rose nude. The gloss is very shiny and wears like a dream (longevity-wise). The smell, however...yikes! And the texture is pretty sticky. Not that different from MAC's Lipglass, IMO. Also, I haven't had any issues with the packaging like some other reviewers. So, if long-wearing, sticky glosses are your thing and you're not scent sensitive, give this a shot.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

12 years ago

Gawdawful smell and taste. I bought the color Gilded Rose, which looks pretty in the package, but goes on like transparent sludge. It gave me no color whatsoever, and the taste practically made me gag. Really, plain Vaseline mixed with Elmer's glue would give about the same results with less offense.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesOther

2.0

12 years ago

I really wanted to like this gloss, but there were too many downsides, and there are plenty of other glosses that I'd prefer to wear if given the choice. The first and foremost difficulty I had with this product was the smell. It has a very strong "cosmeticy" smell (like a bad face powder from my mum's era) that is very hard to ignore when your lips, being just below your nose, have it slathered all over them. It was like a constant unpleasant reminder that I was wearing this gloss. If the smell was toned down to subtler levels, I might try this product again. The second issue I had with this product was the texture. Vinyl lip is about correct in the description of how your lips feel with this gloss on them...almost like wearing a sealant. This is good for keeping moisture in your lips I suppose and I never had any trouble with my lips drying out with this gloss, but because of its thick and sticky texture (and the constant smell) it made it difficult to forget that it was on your lips. The third issue I had was with the packaging. Normally I am a big fan of wand applicators, but the thick texture of the gloss and the narrow opening to the tube forced gloss out of the package when trying to reinsert the wand applicator. This meant I'd have to wipe the tube down every second or third time I used it. No points there. The packaging is fairly sturdy, but I have noticed some fine cracks around the base of the lid (this was probably me making sure the lid stayed screwed on in my bag). The reason why this gloss got two lipsticks rather than one is because of the price (quite inexpensive) and the color selection (absolutely gorgeous). I got the Alloy and Pink Opal colors and they both look beautiful, when I can stand the smell and texture (which isn't a lot).

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

12 years ago

Terrible! The only good thing about this is that it is super long-lasting. And that is because-- true to name-- it's like you have coated your lips in vinyl! Imagine liquid shower curtain on your mouth. Yeah, it's something like that. The texture, while smooth, is disgustingly sticky, and almost glues the lips together. Avoid.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

12 years ago

I love this lip gloss, I'm defiantly buying more when I run out, at the moment I have it in VW-04 Mica and VW-41 Pink Opal, It makes my lips feel smooth and the colour is great not overpowering but noticeable.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair