4.2

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Absolute favourite

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

when i first started on this cleanser, it was great. but over time i felt it stripped my skin a little. however, the smell is lovely, but i kind of got used to it and not as keen about it as before. it lathers wonderfully and you dont need to use a lot, because with a little water it lathers a lot. also, if you run out you can just buy a refill and that saves money. except sometimes the refill can spill causing wastage. otherwise, i use it sometimes but not always.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I’ve had the 1.7 oz bottle for quite some time now. I always kept it for travel use only, but I realize products can change or go bad if it’s been far too long. The cleanser in the bottle is in liquid form, but with just a single pump, it comes out in a rich, full-bodied foam. One pump is plenty for my face. With this cleanser, I like to splash a little bit of water on my face first and then add the foam to lather it up even more. What I love most about this product is the scent. It’s very spa-like, calming & relaxing. The cleanser is gentle, the foam feels soft/silky on the skin, & it doesn’t strip your skin dry after use (I have combo/dry skin). It feels clean afterwards, but hydrated. I don’t use this daily, nor do I use this on its own when I have makeup on – I usually stick with oil cleansers for that. Sometimes I will use this as a 2nd cleanser after I clean a makeup’ed face with my oil cleanser. Overall, not bad. Would I go repurchase the full-sized version? If it was on major sale, but I’m generally OK with using lower-end (under $10) drugstore brands for a foaming face wash. If I got it as a gift, it would be a nice treat! It’s about $30/5.1 oz at Sephora.

About reviewer (227 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

5 years ago

Not a bad product but not great either. My skin is combination and this definitely did not suit. After 2 weeks my breakouts were out of control. It didn't do a good job of removing my makeup and I would not repurchase. Maybe it would suit a dry skin.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I have been using this cleanser for almost 2 years everyday, just LOVE it. I have dry skin and can be sensitive to scents (if too strong). So far, no problem whatsoever. One pump gets my whole face washed clean, and not drying out. The foam is light but not drying, actually, with the scent, it is refreshing to use! I got the large bottle and have been buying their refills when they have promo products (e.g. purchase with purchase).

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

This is my favorite cleanser of all time. It makes my skin feel bright and smooth and keeps it clear. good scent and will keep using until something can top it!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

5 years ago

My favorite soap of all times. My skin feels fresh and super clean after I use this. Great scent. It is an expensive product, but it's great!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This is my favorite summer facial cleanser. I have that kind of skin that is "normal" during spring, fall and winter, but needs a soapier cleanser in the summer. We have very hot, humid summers. Packaging is outstanding because L'Occitane sells a refill plastic bag that I can pour into my dispenser. The dispenser is made out of lightweight, but sturdy, plastic with a tight fitting clear cap. The bottle is a beautiful cobalt blue which looks very pretty on my bathroom counter, too. It has the kind of pump nozzle that makes the product come out as a soft, bubbly foam. The smell is delicate immortelle flowers - kind of like a meadow filled with wild daisies. This scent lasts for the duration of the wash, but doesn't linger or interfere with the scent of my fragrance. The cleanser does a good job getting off all my makeup and sunscreen every evening. I use it with a warm, wet warmcloth.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

6 years ago

L'occitane makes some excellent products. I've been a fan of their lavender hand cream for some time. This is the first time I've tried their facial care, and I was very impressed with this cleanser. The pump bottle dispenses a light foam- I found two pumps to be adequate for the face. I smoothed this cleanser on and rinsed it off, and my face felt fantastic. This cleanser is absolutely gentle, and yet cleaned my face of oil and grime effectively. This cleanser also smells delicious. I've never smelled an immortelle flower, but this cleanser smells like a field of wildflowers: blooms, stems, grass, and all. It smells fresh, not cloying or overwhelming, while still being floral. I love this cleanser, and will absolutely purchase more when this runs out. I also intend to try the immortelle night cream.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I love the foam and its a gentle cleanser. I used it for a year. Doesn't cause any allergies. However for oily combination skin like mine it doesnt help much to tighten pores etc. I still enjoy the texture etc but decided to get the loccitane ultrafoaming citron cleanser since I recently had a breakout due to using l'occitane divine lotion.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown