L'Occitane Amande Supple Skin Oil

L'Occitane Amande Supple Skin Oil
Amande Supple Skin OilAmande Supple Skin Oil

4.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Oleyl Alcohol, Camelina Sativea Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Dio- Leyl Tocopheryl Methylsilanol, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, Citral

Simply put, this product is fantastic but I hate the bottle and it is also VERY expensive.
I think what makes it so good is the mix of oils and probably the alchemy of the molecules bound together...as I have tried every possible oil, including those in this one, with no long-term results (except for a very few but wasn't keen on always putting on 6 types of stuff every single day).
This really works as a wonder moisturizer, my skin suddenly felt softer and much more hydrated. It also looks far better than with my usual regimen (a friend first noticed, when I thought it was just me, how my skin had a great glow, no imperfections and literally no visible pores, without any makeup on).
Highly recommended bar for the bottle, whoever thought about putting an oil in a glass bottle....except for this, it's the perfect product.
The price is also steep, almost 50 EUR, however i've seen it on sale many times and this is how I also bought it, I paid the equivalent of 25 USD from what I can recall.
L'Occitane, if you read this, please change the packaging. The glass looks great but it's too slippery. Perhaps make it frosted (that would be a nice touch) and put some non-slip additions, like a rubber flower petal design or something of the sort. Come on, you can do it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If there was only one product from L'Occitane that I would recommend to anyone, this is it. And not because it smells wonderful (which it does), nor for the fact that it moisturizes well, but because of the proven ingredients. This formula is 50% sweet almond oil - in itself nothing remarkable about that, but you also have 3 VERY beneficial oils in here: Sea Buckthorn, Rosehip and Carrot seed oil. All 3 of these have excellent skin benefits due to their skin regenerating abilities, in other words when you pick this up and read the packaging: "after one month of use, skin feels more supple and firmer", know that for once there might actually be some truth in it!

After using the Almond Shower Oil I gently dry with a towel before massaging this into my skin and allowing it a couple of minutes to absorb before getting into clothes. Leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling great for hours. My only dislike is the glass bottle, I have to keep reminding myself to not attempt to hold it up and spray but to set it down so that if it slips out of my hands then at least it won't fall far. This is quite perfumed too, so if you do have sensitive skin perhaps worth trying it out first before purchasing a full size bottle.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you love the Almond Shower Oil then you have to get this. It glides onto the skin beautifully and absorbs quickly so you don't have to worry about feeling greasy.Its a lightweight, dry oil that leaves the skin glowing and super soft. Plus it has that amazing almonds scent that lingers on the skin.

on 5/31/2018 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I apply this after taking a shower, while skin is still wet.

Lovely product! Very moisturising and smells heavenly, but it is overpriced! I'm not sure I'm gonna repurchase.

on 4/5/2018 6:22:00 PM

Youtube made me buy it.
I think it happened at least once,if you are lucky,to blindy spend your cash because a beauty guru gave it a stellar review.This is basically what happened here:saw a video and then basically went out and bought it.
While it's surely overpriced,beauty guru forgot to mention that part and i probably wouldn't have spent 39.00 euros for a body oil was i not already in a hunt for a new one,i do think it's...worth it. This product leaves my skin so amazingly soft,i have no idea what kind of witchcraft they put in there,but let me tell you:I have used many different oils on my body,including regular almond oil,and none of them left my skin so nourished and so smooth as this one (and do notice i scrub myself regularly).The smoothing part is the first thing you notice,you basically won't stop touching your skin in disbelief;I know it's also supposed to firm the skin,but i have not been using it for enough time to notice a difference in that respect.
The scent is fruity-sweet,it smells like freshly picked almonds with a bit of powdery sweetness,could be considered overpowering by some.
That packaging though,who was the genius who thought glass bottle and oily hands was a great idea?
As it's NOT a dry oil,even if it absorbs pretty quickly, you are supposed to use the spray pump with your oily hands while maintaining the glass bottle. Come on,I know the glass gives it an expensive look,the appearance it's worth all that cash,but glass,really?!
The packaging gets a side eye from me, but the product itself is actually pretty good and i would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I got the sample of this so I can’t say anything for the packing quality on the normal bottle. The product though is very nice. I used it right after a shower, with about a quarter size amount on each arm and leg, and then again for midsection. My skin felt VERY soft and supple. And the smell is amazing. I don’t even know what it smells like but I found myself pulling my shirt over my nose to take a whiff. Minus one star because it’s quite pricey. And I usually use the neutrogena oil which is super cheap, also smells amazing and seems to do an equally good job. So I doubt I’ll ever purchase the L’occitane stuff but it was a nice treat and if you have the money, go for it.

on 10/4/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't find superlatives to tell you how much I love this stuff! It's an oil, so keep that in mind....not a dry oil. It moisturizes fantastically and smells so, so good. A friend gave it to me for Christmas over 3 years ago, and I haven't been without ever since.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is THE best body oil I have ever tried, I was initially attracted to it because of the smell and I love the entire line (shower oil, body milk and body oil). I love smelling nice but the problem with most body lotions and oils is that they smell nice the first moment you apply them but then the scent is gone. Not with his one. It stays on your skin and I can smell it even after 8 hours of having it on. It's like a luxurious spa product and while I find majority of body oils drying this one moisturizes really well and makes my skin silky smooth and glowy. Its expensive but I dont use it every day, it lasts for ever too as very little is required. If you like this one you must also try shower oil and body milk.

on 5/13/2017 4:14:00 AM

I like this very much it absorbs so well into my skin. It leaves it very soft, hydrated, and looks really healthy with a hint of glow (not shiny and not greasy). The fragrance is so clean, light, and delicious. I like how it isn't overpowering. Honestly the price is a little high for something I wish to use more than often, but I can alternate with another product when I buy it again. A little goes a long way though, and no need to reapply. Just use it as an after shower ritual or a little dab here and there for dry or dull areas.

on 5/11/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this whole range - I've yet to find another range of beauty products which leaves my skin so soft and nourished.
I use this sparingly sprayed directly on the skin, but it also works wonders if you add it to bath water.
My skin looks, feels and smells great after use. Yes, it's pricey, but I think it's worth it as a treat from time to time.

Popular Body Skincare Products