L'Occitane Amande Supple Skin Oil

L'Occitane Amande Supple Skin Oil

4.4

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum/Fragrance, Oleyl Alcohol, Camelina Sativea Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Dio- Leyl Tocopheryl Methylsilanol, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, Citral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This almond oil is perfect for summer. I get very dry skin in summer, but don't like wearing body creams because they feel too thick and sticky in the hot summer months. This, on the other hand, lathers on like a gem, is super hydrating and soaks into your skin fairly fast without making you sticky. The smell is delicious. The only drawback for me is the price, which is a little insane - I would recommend buying the small/travel sizes, which is what you need for one season and is a lot more affordable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a small bottle of this in a Sephora points perk (along with several other wonderful items) and I have to say this is BLISS! Generally, I detest the smell of "almond" because it's artificial or that bitter almond smell of almond extract (and I love almonds, believe me). This oil (and the other Amande products) have the most wonderful soft scent that is more like flowering almond blossoms. And this oil feels delicious on the skin, spreads beautifully and the combination of the beautiful scent and wonderfully soothing feel of this oil combine to leave me feeling very happy, fresh and relaxed. I am totally going to purchase the full size, even though it is a wee bit on the pricey side.

Update: I picked up the full size of this at at L'Occitane outlet store at significant savings. As much as I love the product, I loathe the packaging. When will the packaging wallahs realize that smooth glass spray bottles and oily hands are NOT a good combination? The sprayer on this isn't the best - it's not very even and it's hard to get the spray just where you want it to land. I'd much rather this were in a pump bottle or one with a small pouring hole. And a grippier bottle - maybe with textured glass or a shape that fits the hand more securely would be really nice too.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/16/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this body oil. I apply it after showering when the skin is still wet, and then I pat dry. This locks in all the moisture and eliminates the greasy feel I sometimes get when applying oil to dry skin.

on 8/27/2015 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This body oil IS amazing but way overpriced. It's mostly sweet almond oil which one could find anywhere for a much cheaper price. There are a few additional oils such as carrot oil(amazing for skin) and rose oil, both add more skin caring properties and does boost the value of this a bit, but considering most of it is almond oil, I still feel like it's overpriced.

What is has done is transform my skin into butter. My skin is so soft and smooth using this. My skin is glowy and I like this also after sun. I dont believe in the firming/cellulite promises to help with but I do believe it makes my skin beautiful either way! I already have a few other body oils such as Nuxe which is perfect in summer, but even in summer, Nuxe is so dry feeling as if I put on nothing. Regular almond oil(not sweet), is waaaayyy too heavy, like syrup. I have been searching for a perfect middle of moisture and lightness. This is it.

I dont like the packaging. Yes it's pretty but it's so bulky and heavy! After rubbing oil all over myself, handling glass is not safe and I know I will eventually drop it and have glass shards and oil all over my bathroom floor.

Overall: This body oil is wonderful. It makes me feel radiant. The price makes me cringe but the luxury quality and effects are worth it. It also smells luxurious like almonds and powder.

on 5/24/2015 12:37:00 PM

I love this oil. It is moisturizing and smells great. It was recently repackaged to include a spray which I like a lot better than the previous packaging. The only downside is the high price for a small amount of product - because of that I use it sparingly.

on 3/12/2015 10:42:00 AM

This is a luxury item for sure but its been so nice to have during this horrific winter. It's a nice rich oil (most skin oils just feel oily imo aside from coconut).I bought it during a sephora sale to use for my laparoscopy scar that still looked horrible over a month after surgery. I can't say it helped my scar heal any better but when applying on arms & legs, my skin feels soft & not dry/itchy at all. The smell is kind of strong. Like almond extract & ivory soap mixed together I guess. I like it but it can be overpowering so I don't use this Amande oil on any areas close to my face

on 3/5/2015 9:25:00 PM

When I use L'occitane products I feel like I'm using top-quality ingredients, and this almond skin oil is not exception. It feels and smells luxurious. The oil comes in a glass bottle and sprays onto the skin. I wish the bottle came with a pump instead of a spray mechanism, as I think it would be easier to handle. Maneuvering a glass bottle with oil on your hands can get slippery, quickly, and I'm afraid of dropping this on the bathroom floor. Once on the skin it sinks in quickly, and has a light almond scent. In cold weather don't count on this as your sole moisturizer, but it works well to form a base protective layer.

on 2/22/2015 11:56:00 AM

Oh my.... this product is freaking AMAZING! The smell of it is just the most amazing smell ever. The packaging is nice with the spray nozzle. I wanted to get this product for my dry skin and to battle harsh winter dry skin conditions. I also hate the feeling of gross sticky moisturizer. This is lovely and a little goes a long way. It rubs into the skin so nicely and just leaves your skin looking glowing and smelling amazing. The smell lingers all day so if you don't like the smell of this don't get it. I haven't noticed it leaving any oil on my clothes or anything but I just use a smaller amount-I don't want to look like I just dipped myself in an oil bath. The trick with it is use a small to medium amount and rub it in nicely. It's Def worth the price but if you don't like the smell of it might be better off trying something else as it is easily comparable to something like coconut oil. I just can't get enough of the smell though!

on 1/3/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very silky oil that moisturizes well and leaves skin glowing (and supple), but for me it didn't smell like almonds- it smelled like pistachio ice cream. The scent was very sweet and strong, and it clashed horribly with my perfume. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase, but if L'Occitane ever makes this in a light lemon or citrus scent, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

I love this product! The scent is wonderful and works well on my skin (combination). It gives it hydration for several hours. The only down side is that I often worry that the oil will stain my clothes...

Popular Body Skincare Products