Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe baby wash

Johnson & Johnson Head to Toe baby wash

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

NEW FORMULA:Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, Yellow 6, Yellow 10.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

A quick note on the name and ingredients: I think they differ slightly from country to country. I live in South Africa and the product is called Johnsons' Baby Top to Toe Wash here. Ingredients are as follows:
Aqua, Coco-Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Oleate, P-Anisic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum.

Not much to say about this stuff except it's gentle yet effective and dirt cheap. I use it at night after oil cleansing and again in the mornings. It's one of the few cleansers that don't leave my skin dry and tight, and if I'm feeling tired at night I'll sometimes skip moisturiser. I also use it to wash my lower regions as it's pH balanced. If I didn't have a thing for expensive bar soap (curse you, L'Occitane, with your beautiful Shea Milk Soap) I'd use it as an all over body wash too. I don't love the smell, but don't hate it either. It just smells neutral, like a basic laundry detergent. If you're looking to start a more minimalistic beauty routine, this would be a great place to start.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am simplifying my life. And this product helps. I always take this when I travel. It's a reliable shampoo, body wash and facial cleanser in one. It's not exciting but it does the job at a moderate price. I hate using the products provided by hotels. And when I forget and leave it at home. It can be found in any supermarket or drugstore. It works and never irritates my sensitive skin. Win!

To Read all 394 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/12/2016 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Gentle on both my face and body. It does not moisturize nor does it dry out my skin. A pretty nuetral cleanser, which is fine by me. It's scented, but i found it pretty mild and not bothersome. It's a great bargain to boot ($6-7 for big bottle in my area, even less online).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have bought this in the past, I love J&J to death but BabyMagic is where my heart is although it's hard to find around here. I get all my DS makeup/"supplies" that aren't Sephora/Ulta basically at Kroger so I went to get a baby wash (I got the pink 1 & the purple 1 but I've bought the yellow many times), the baby washes head to toe variety are useful for a lot of things. My ophthalmologist suggested using this as an eye makeup remover there ya go I use it once daily in the AM to get the gook out/the sleep in my eyes. I've used it occasionally as a face wash but I prefer my Clinique....I use this in the shower as a body wash & on my bottom it's gr8 4 bottoms & to wash my hair if I wanna strip out buildup. These washes have a light powdery innocent scent, the scent of a cherub. As long as BabyMagic tends go be elusive I'm sold on J&J! I don't buy store brands much but did store brand was $1.69USD, the J&J was $3.99USD IS IF IT WORTH IT TO PAY DOUBLE!!?? Yes! J&J is much better quality I trust J&J as a brand. And the J&J products are thicker & smell better, store brands are watered down.

on 11/21/2015 1:24:00 PM

I love this product! I am so picky when it comes to using products on my face because my skin reacts with a ton of things! I uses this as a face wash by recommendation from a friend who said it was the best at removing all her makeup gently and effectively, and she was right! It truly takes off EVERYTHING! Waterproof, sweat proof, hurricane proof, yatta yatta it takes it all off in one wash. Couldn't believe it. I do find it a tad Drying as with most face washes so cream right after is a must for me. The Canadian version does NOT contain quaternium 15 which is a detergent ingredient used and not good for ur skin so read the ingredients because even the cheaper no name brand in Canada DOES contain quaternium 15 so be careful!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm loving the improved formula since it has a lighter scent. Some body washes are either too strongly scented or some fragrance-free smell rancid. It's very gentle, I can use it anywhere, hence my private female parts. It's not as moisturizing as the Johnson's moisture wash but it's not drying either. I prefer the head to toe wash to other Johnson baby wash because it has the best and lightest scent.

I just love this scent.... it's so light...like a breeze in the wind. I feel so pure and clean with this scent. This is the perfect light scent for a baby or anyone since sometimes some fragrance-free products tend to smell rancid. I guess a little amount of fragrance is good to keep it from smelling rancid.

Pros:
Gentle for anywhere on the body(face, ect.)
Very light scent
Moisturizing
Perfect light scent

on 8/16/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I started using this to wash my eyelids when I had constant itchy eyes. Baby shampoo was recommended but I found this to be milder. If the object is to keep the lashline perfectly clean, this does the job. Just a drop with water on a baby wipe, squeeze it to create lather and it removes eye makeup very well. You have to be ultra gentle with the wipe but I think they are less rough and more effective than washcloths. I never used this on the rest of the face or on the body. Oh yes, I also use it to wash my beautyblender and makeup brushes.

Update Mar 18/16: I don't know why I never had a problem with stinging before, but the new bottle I got is very harsh and hurt my eye even though I used it in the same way. I am not going to use this for eyelid cleaning anymore, just in the bath. This and baby shampoo are supposed to be so gentle for the eyes but they are not anymore.

Update July 1/16: I use this to wash my hair now. It works great and although it has a scent, it's not too annoying. It has no MI/MC which are in every shampoo and conditioner I had or looked at in stores. I wanted to try products without these chemicals.

on 5/15/2015 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I started to use this because the formula of my favourite-Dove sensitive-has changed and is fairly pore clogging.
I must have a chronically impaired lipid barrier, because cleansers at the "proper" pH if 5.5 seems to dry and irritate my skin. Cleansers in the 6-7 range are better. Such is the case with dove and J&J head to toe.
I don't find it *too drying , but it can be so a bit of moisturizer is required. That sucks because I hate Moisturizes when it's warmer than 5�C outside.
Ive been using this for about 3 weeks. Will update.
***UPDATE***
As promised I've been using this to wash my face for nearly a month. It's a great, all purpose mild cleanser. The detergents used in the formula in Canada are largely amphoteric and non-ionic. The pH matters and for whatever reason, a pH of 6-7 works well for me. However The main reason this is such a good face wash has to do with the surfactants cocamidol Betatine and sorbitan laurate (aka PEG 80) Since surfactant micelles can penetrate the stratum corneum, using a cleanser with these detergents mean larger micelles are on the skin-not penetrating the Aquaous pores-there is little to no irritation and inflammation.
That said it is pretty boring. It's not going to do much more than cleanse your skin. Really that's all I want.
***UPDATE*** Ive tested the pH of this wash. It is 5.5
I trust this wash. I'll probably use it for the rest of my life. It hasn't irritated my skin, dried it out or bothered me with its light scent. I hope J&J can just leave the formula alone.
***UPDATE*** (Insert facepalm emoji here) after a few months of consistant use, I could help but notice how much older and and plain washed out I was looking. The weather hasn't been great, that's true but I don't look this...old and dehydrated in the dead of winter.
I came back to MUA to look at the "lowest first" reviews to see what was said.
Then I googled quaternium 15.
I hoped the damage I've done to my skin isn't permanent. Please, please don't wash your face with this. If you don't want to age ten years in three months, stay far away. I'm going to either try dove again.,.or not wash my face at all. My skin has driven me nuts for YEARS. Look at my reviews. I don't review makeup much, just soap soap & more soap. Well, face wash and skincare tools. Honestly, I am freakin' done with it. The less i do, the better.
*Last word~ thankfully its not permanent. I went back to Dove and so far things have been pretty ok :) The "orange peel" look to my skin is gone. That is the hallmark of stripped skin. That and dehydration lines in the apple of the cheeks. If you notice this and a general washed out pallor, it may be this stuff ruining your skin.
***UPDATE*** Wrong again. The Canadian version doesnt even contain quaternium 15. What a dummy. Yeah it was probably due to the fact I'd sworn off all BHA and AHAs and manual exfoliation doesnt seem to "get it done"
Anyway, I tried to love this stuff. Cheap, non ionic detergent based cleanser witha confirmed 5.5 (I emailed Johnson & Johnson) but it does make me look dried out and pale. Yeah sure, it's not irritating but it also sucks the life out my skin.

on 2/1/2015 3:17:00 PM

After trying out countless cleansers I can happily say this is my favorite one.

I enjoy it's gentle yet effective formula and the fact that it's super inexpensive and really accessible. It's never stung my eyes or caused dryness or tight skin.

I like that I can purchase large quantities for cheap prices at numerous retailers. A big bottle last me a while (I wash my face twice daily).

My only con of this product is that it takes a pretty hefty pump to fully cleanse my face. Other than that it's an amazing product!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

We use this as our family body wash due to other body Soaps Fragrance . I use for my makeup brushes and weekly mix with baking soda for face scrub. I use dove bar the original and switch between this baby wash and others . No complaints.

Popular Body Skincare Products