L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss
Casting Creme Gloss

3.4

on 4/20/2017 8:37:00 PM

NEVER! NEVER buy this product. It kills your hair and the color comes out very unexpected. It's not the same as it was shown on the package. Stay away people.

on 3/21/2017 7:49:00 PM

Packaging was great but the amount of product was not enough for my hair length. So I got two. The color didn't came out as expected. Maybe the color need extra time for darker hair. Easy to do at home

on 7/17/2016 6:26:00 PM

I have been using this brand for 6 years now. I have naturally medium golden brown hair which has started to go grey at an alarming rate in my early 30s!

I have used various shades all with different results.

Shade Dark Brown gave me a very rich, dark brown colour. The pros are that each time I've dyed my hair this colour I am left with a very rich colour that doesn't fade. It covers my greys brilliantly. This is also a con. It is permanent in my hair.

Iced Latte was pretty useless. It left my hair looking very glossy and rich but had no impact on covering greys. This washed out fairly quickly.

Shade medium brown seemed to be a good compromise of the two but by week 4 the colour had faded to show all my grey roots in their glory.

Since then I have opted for Loreals more permanent Feria range but the faded colour left my hair looking nasty. Fed up with so much build up I went to a professional to fix the horizontal stripes in my hair thanks to so much colour build up.

I am now going back to Casting Creme. I can't really justify the cost if professional colouring once a month so I'd rather save and use this which at least fades gently leaving no visible line between roots and dyed hair.

The glossy richness that you get after dying is amazing too. My hair feels amazing.

Not the best product but not the worst either. A happy compromise, and a real bargain when on sale. I can these at 2 for £10 when on special in the UK.

on 3/6/2017 11:46:00 PM

Didn't cover my greys; left my hair feeling dry. Not a fan. But then I should have known better with a semipermanent.

on 3/6/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Up until two years ago, I'd never dyed my hair. My hair is extremely fast growing, and I just felt like it'd be too much work to keep it looking fresh. But then my hair got darker and darker, until I wasn't so much blonde, or even dark blonde, as it was "inbetween and terribly boring" shade or dark blonde/light brunette. This got my eye because it was semi-permanent (let's talk about that later though...)

I first dyed my hair with Toffee delice, and it turned out quite a lot darker than the chart showed, but still really good. I was surprised at how soft and nourished my hair felt afterwards. And my hair looked noticeably shinier as well, especially since my hair naturally isn't very shiny. I re-dyed it maybe every six to eight week, mostly to cover my roots, but also to freshen up the colour that had faded. Then when spring rolled around I decided to aim for a lighter and more reddish shade. And boy, it wasn't easy to get that semi-permanent "lasts up to 28 shampoos" out of my hair. When it comes to darker shades, it definitely lasts a whole lot longer. It faded relatively quickly in the beginning, but then it kind of stopped fading at a darker colour than my hair naturally was. I ended up doing a lot of hair masks and used Head and shoulder's citrus shampoo to try to get as much colour out as possible, and eventually it was light enough to switch to a lighter shade.

Since then I've been using Spicy amber or Amber (the latter one is a lot darker than the former, but fades into practically the same shade as Spicy amber after a while), and it works perfectly as a semi-permanent colour. It fades little by little, and I never have to deal with my roots looking horrible, as the transition is quite natural between my own dark blonde hair and the more reddish tones of my dyed hair. By the time I have visible roots, the hair color will have faded in intensity. The best thing about this dye (in lighter shades) is that it fades very naturally. I feel like my hair colour is ever-changing (ranging between a reddish brown, a reddish light brown to a reddish blonde depending on when I last dyed it), but it never looks like you've just given up on dying your hair and let it grow/fade out. Even if that's exactly the case!

The best thing about it, though, is probably that it's ammonia free.

This year I've decided to go cruelty free, and this product is honestly the only one that I'm completely clueless as to how I'll replace it.

Great hair color for home use! I don't like to color dye my hair at a salon since I never like the result (once I asked to go lighter from a light brown color and ended up black with a blue tint...). So I've always used this one when I want to dye my hair and it is so easy to apply throughout the whole hair and it is suuuper glossy! But, the gloss doesn't stay for long. I think mine lasts for about 2-3 washed then my hair has a normal shine left. So I wouldn't buy this for the purpose of the gloss finish.

I used this three times now, refreshing every two months as advised in the manual included in the box.
The dye is really easy to apply, the instructions are super clear (don't forget to wet your hair before applying it!). It lasts almost 2 months on me ( I wash my hair twice a week at most), but then it washes off.
The colour I choose is close-ish to my natural colour (light ashy brown) but nicer. Initially I chose it to cover the blond highlights I put in earlier.
After I dye my hair, it looks and feels thicker and healthier, the colour never turns out blotchy or cheap - looking. I also love how L'Oreal started including a bigger bottle of conditioned in the box that lasts me almost 2 months (I alternate it with my normal conditioner whenever my hair needs more moisture).
I never dyed my hair at home, but after trying this hair dye I am converted:)

on 11/1/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I colored my hair with this stuff on Halloween and it was truly frightful. I have NEVER had any problems with dyes or reactions. This stuff:
A. tortured my hair and made a bunch fall out
B. as I was putting it over a perm color, I wanted most of the color on my roots, so as directed put it on my roots for 15 minutes.
C. By the time the 15 minutes was up my head was on fire, so I put the rest of my hair for probably less than 5 minutes (which most likely was a good thing).
D. It did not cover my white hair at ALL... after all of that! NOT A BIT. DO NOT buy this product for covering up white/grey roots. It is ridiculous. NOT A BIT.
E. The color is bad. I went for Chestnut Honey. My hair originally was an auburn from a salon that died down (no pun intended) to a lighter warm red brown. So, I thought that this color would not be too much of a departure and cover my roots. NOPE. The only place that the color stuck was right in front (like two strands in front) and it turned it ORANGE. No other place in my roots did it stick. I am an experienced home hair dyer and this has never happened before.

My advice: Steer clear of this stuff! Go with Nice and Easy!

I brought a mahogany colour a while ago and dyed my hair and it came out a red and I loved it, but they don't do that colour anymore so I went to Casting creame gloss and brought the sane colour it came a little red what I wasn't explacting but it was okay, but it faded really quick, my hair was dyed for about 3 days, and yes I did it right I got my aunty (she's a qualified hairdresser)but today I brought berry red, because I wanted to go a little more red then mahogany its not even a little red, there's like a few highlights and thats when its in a really good light, not expecting this to last long, I'm pretty pissed off, I don't recommend this dye or brand, if that's all it does for the price! Not buying this for the 4 time! Made that mistake 2 before!

on 11/28/2015 5:56:00 AM

The color is ok not far from expected but what really disappointed me is that its far from being smooth,soft, and manageable..maybe its shiny... The only consolation is I bought it half the price in the grocery. I won't use it again. I think it burned my scalp or something. I will just stick with my usual color Lolane. They also have no ammonia variant. So much for trying this no ammonia. Its like it burned my scalp and just further damaged my hair!