Amore Pacific Treatment Cleansing Oil

Amore Pacific Treatment Cleansing Oil
Treatment Cleansing Oil

Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-8 Isostearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 80, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Isocetyl Olivate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Arachidonate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance.

on 8/6/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One word, AMAZING! I've been searching for a great makeup remover and I know a lot of people have been on the oil cleansing bandwagon but oils are very tricky with my skin so I've always avoided any oil based cleansers. However when it comes to removing makeup, it appears that oil cleansing is the most effective so I decided to give this oil cleanser a try and I fell in love after the first use.

There was no trace of makeup left in my face, and it easily removed the makeup from my eye area without burning or irritation. I used a separate cleanser just to see if there was any residue left over and it wasn't, so I'm very pleased with this product. It takes no more than 2 pumps, if you wear light makeup you only need 1 so the bottle will last a while making the price worth it especially when you consider all the great & natural ingredients. I have sensitive skin so I have to be really careful what I use and so happy this is sensitive skin friendly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am an AmorePacific FAN. Most of my routine is AP with LP sprinkled in, and I am a convert on the dual cleansing method (first with oil, then with normal foam cleanser).

My skin hates mineral oil cleansers (like Shu Uemura) but is good with olive oil-based cleansers, which are a bit runnier. The AP oil cleanser's main oil is camelia, which is super asian (it's what the Japanese are known for), and the oil is a bit thicker. Since I do a double-wash, this isn't a problem, but if I used it alone, I think I would be a little uncomfortable with the fact that it doesn't feel like it's completely 'rinsed off'. Also the fragrance is quite strong with this product, whereas it doesn't bother me when I use any other AP product.

I think this oil is OK, it's highly effective and didn't break me out, but for the money you can do better.

on 2/13/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am a long time oil cleanser user. I like one step cleansing at night to remove makeup. I have tried several Shu oil cleansers, La Mer's, DHC's, Nude's and Boscia's. I found Shu's quite oily and too fragranced, La Mer's stung my eyes a bit, DHC's was too heavy for me and I hated the fragrance of Boscia's. I have been using Nude's for years because it did not sting my eyes, wasn't heavy and I could tolerate the smell. But, Nude never removed my eye makeup completely. I had to rub, which I know can't be great for my eye wrinkles and 90% of the time, I wake up with a tiny bit of under eye residue from eye makeup, even with going over my eye area with a baby wash cloth and or Q-Tips. Amore Pacific tics off all my wants. It isn't heavy, doesn't smell strong, doesn't irritate or sting my eyes and I wake up with no residue. Plus, bonus, while it currently costs $50, you get 6.8 oz, while Nude costs $36 and you only get 3.4 oz. Not a bargain, I know, but I also only need 3 or 4 pumps as opposed to the 5, I needed of the Nude.

Ok cleansing oil. Doesn't have the 'ooh' feeling of lovely Shu Uemura. I take off make-up with a cleansing water, so can't comment on its efficacy here. Would use a free sample quite happily but wouldn't seek it out. As far as I can see, it's just a rather run-of-the mill cleansing oil.

on 12/15/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My HG.

Luxurious af.

It smells like a spa - I can literally feel the tension melt away every night as I massage it in.

Glides so smoothly that it really does make it incredibly easy to massage it in. The texture of an oil definitely makes a difference in this case.

Results give me smooth, baby soft, glowing skin. I use it in conjunction with Sulwhasoo's Overnight Vitalising treatment.

Worth every penny imo

on 5/2/2016 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Pros

• Smells like a spa - rubbing it in is therapeutic
• Breaks down makeup and sunscreen
• Not stripping

Cons

• Price
• Feels like I need a lot of product to get the job done

on 3/28/2014 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've been on an oil kick lately. I think I have over 15 or so, this by far is my least favorite. I'm not prone to breakouts and I like to change up my routine. Im 40 on the dryer side of normal The smell is dreadful to me. I'm usually smell conscious but most things I won't stop using because of the smell. I use eve lom cleanser hate the smell but I love the results. This felt much thicker and did not rinse as well as other oil cleansers. Shu, Bosacia, dhc, missha. I usually use things numerous times prior to a review however the smell was so off putting I cannot try it again. The package is great the only nice thing I have to say . For the price I think many other options are superior.

I took an expensive gamble with this one but it paid off. I have extremely sensitive, dry/combination skin. For me, this product strikes the perfect balance between cleansing thoroughly and not stripping my skin. When I first bought it I was extremely skeptical for two reasons: 1) the strong fragrance which never bodes well for somebody with sensitive skin and 2) the first couple of times I used it I felt like an oily finish either remained or appeared right after using. I don't like the smell but it doesn't seem to irritate my skin and after a couple of days the weird finish stopped and my skin is left clean but stil hydrated, no oily finish.

Other products I've tried and how they compare for me and my skin: almost every drug store "sensitive skin" product (they all irritated my skin, also I'm allergice to sodium laurel sulphate and almost every drug store foaming cleanser has this), Cetaphil (didn't cleanse well for me, dried out my skin and irritated the sensitive parts), DHC cleansing oil (dried out my skin and irritated sensitive parts), Karen's Botanicals Gentle Cleansing Lotion (I like their products a lot and would use this if I hadn't found Amore Pacific but I wear piles of makeup and wanted something that cleansed more thoroughly).

Finally, this is how I use the product: I pre-remove most of my eye make up with Bioderma and only cleanse at night. (I shower every morning and I find that's enough for me, no need to recleanse.) Using one to two pumps a night, this product has lasted me for over a year so I don't mind the price.

on 8/13/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm new to this product so in many ways the jury is still out. My initial impression is a good one, I especially like the fact that the oils used are botanically derived rather than coming from a petrochemical. I simply apply 1 to 2 pumps to my face with my fingers, massage the oil into my face, eyes, and my lips, and then work it into a delicate emulsion with moistened fingertips. Rinse clean! The scent is fresh and clean, and it easily removes even the toughest makeup without an oily residue. If you like the feel of a thicker oil then this is not the product for you, but I like that this cleansing oil is more like a skin treatment because of its skin-perfecting AHAs. Also cruelty-free!

EDIT: No longer a newcomer to this product, I can safely say that I'm hooked. It's taken six months to empty my first bottle with daily use, making it much more affordable. I would strongly encourage those seeking out a facial cleansing oil that they start with AmorePacific's brand. You won't be disappointed.

on 5/14/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I am a big fan of this product. After using La Mer for about a year I was looking for something that provided a bit more for my skin. La mer did not break me out and helped my skin not get any worse, but I was wanting a bit more. I am always worried about changing products but the woman at the Amore Pacific counter gave me a lot of samples and said to try them out before buying. Getting any samples from the La Mer ladies is like pulling teeth, even after you drop 1k on face lotion! Anyways.... I love this cleansing oil! I don't use it often on its own, but I love to use it before using the treatment foaming cleanser. The double cleansing method is doing great things for my skin! You can use it to get makeup off, it does a pretty good job, but I like to use a makeup wipe first to just get the most of it off so this can focus on cleaning my skin and not just removing makeup. Even though I am washing my face twice each time, my skin is not dry at all, it is so soft from the Amore Pacific products. These did not break me out at all when switching. At all! After a few months of using these products I see such a difference. So glad I tried AP products!