Dior Midnight Charm

No Image

2.8

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was a limited edition Christmas scent that came out in 2006. The bottle is the same as Dolce Vita but silver and purple. The bottle is the most impressive thing about this scent. Otherwise it is quite floral but very thin as others here have pointed out. If you like florals chances are you will like this. Top notes are Italian mandarin, and green and fruity notes. Egyptian jasmine and Moroccan rose in the heart are accompanied with soft and velvety peach note. French Christmas specialty, candied chestnut, unites with the warm amber and a soft note of female skin scent.

on 2/3/2007 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I expected this to be a more complex scent with just a hint of florals thrown in, but all I can smell on me is florals and it gives me a headache. If you don't like floral perfumes, I would not recommend this one. It is not the worst perfume I've ever smelled, in fact I would probably like it on someone else. It is just not right for me since I don't like florals. The bottle is absolutely beautiful and it's almost worth having just to look at it on my vanity!

on 12/1/2006 8:20:00 AM

I even didn't expect it to be especially good: I somehow knew it will be just another generic scent in a beautiful packaging for Christmas! So - the bottle is very nice indeed, but the scent is nothing much to say about. It is a fruity-floral 'thin' scent. There is something sharp powdery-lemony in the drydown that reminds me so much of some other fragrance, but I can't remember which one...

on 11/30/2006 2:28:00 PM

The packaging for this fragrance is unique and cute. That's the best thing I can say about the product, though. The fragrance itself smells like something you might find labeled "PERFUME" in an old-fashioned dime store. In other words, it's a thin, sharp, generic floral. With such a cute name and such cute packaging, it's too bad that the scent itself isn't very appealing.

on 11/28/2006 5:48:00 PM

I've tried this a few times now, and it's really nice as a holiday scent. It's sparkly and a little bit fruity, more similar to Addict 2 than any of the other Dior perfumes. It would be nice to wear to a party, but I would wear it to work as well. I think I'll probably end up springing for a bottle.

Popular Fragrances