NYX Single Eye Shadow - Gypsy

NYX Single Eye Shadow - Gypsy
NYX single shadowsSingle Eye Shadow - GypsySingle Eye Shadow - GypsySingle Eye Shadow - Gypsy

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Gypsy: officially described as a shimmer (at cherryculture, yes this applies to all the official descriptions provided). It is a shimmer (has a tiny bit of glitter) but with some color. Another safe color to use during the day time. As I mentioned, it has glitter but just a few specks (gold), not disco ball magnitude. The color itself is a soft brown-purple-red. Blending this color will cause color to disappear. Sheer-slight medium wash of color.

on 8/15/2011 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this eyeshadow is completely brown. i see no complexity to it at all. just brown with gold glitter. i mean, its alright and all. just kind of....meh. the packaging is not great but serves its purpose. i have to admit that i kind of bought this because of the name. i'm a sucker for cute/creative color names and "gypsy" caught my attention. but i won't repurchase if the day ever comes that i run out only because of how simple the color is. it is very smooth but not greatly pigmented. again, just....meh.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This took some effort to show up I'm a ddd so I use it as a lid color although I brought it to use a crease color. The shadow itself was smooth and buttery.

on 9/3/2010 11:20:00 AM

Plum???? NO!!! Reddish brown, gold flecksmakes my eyes look sick. Inflamed. Regret buying it.

on 4/12/2010 6:05:00 AM

Based on all of the reviews, I had high hopes that Gypsy would be a plummy brown. Unfortunately, this was not the case with the shadow that I received. Gypsy has a slight shimmer with a deep chocolate brown color.

I am not impressed by this shadow ~ it looks like every other dark brown shadow that I own. I teamed it up with Nutmeg and Toffee Shimmer for a nice combination. I will continue to purchase NYX shadows again, just not this color...

wow um.. where's the plum in this product?? like the reviewer before, this NYX gypsy is just a plain dark brown with gold sparkle. it's okay I guess but not the plummy brown I was expecting! I'll probably use it but won't buy again, there's too many other browns I really like.

on 4/2/2009 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

sorry to bring down the great ratings for this one.

this was one of the e/s from my online make-up order. I bought it because of the colour description I read here: plummy-brown.
but where the hell is the plumm-plummy-plumish or whatever??
no difference when applied or in the package, it looks only brown with nothing else, boring boring brown. AND there is glitter in it, I hate glitter, it falls on your face and that looks ridiculous IMO.
I have much better brown e/s already at home. But I am so wondering how everyone else here can see it as a plummy-brown? Maybe the one I get was bad or what? on the package is Gypsy written, I looked for that.

NOTE: Only for your Information; these are made in China, on the packaging is written: made in P.R.O.C. (peoples republic of china), I'm so disapointed. If I had known this before I didn't buy these. I'm not sure if the ingredients in this make-up are clean /healthy, they have no controls (I didn't mean animal testing!!) , I saw a report on TV and read in newspaper. What a pity :(

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this shade! It's a plum-mauve with hints of brown & taupe. If you love MAC shades like Twinks, Trax, & Sketch (shades like those), then you will love this one. Lots of pigment, goes on smooth. I love it!!

on 2/24/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this e/s. Great color payoff. Goes on smooth and has great lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Another gorgeous eyeshadow from NYX. This is indeed a plummy brown-taupe with hints of grey to it; I don't find it reddish but more leaning toward the purple/grey yet neutral to cool side. Trust me, my skin picks up red tones easily and this doesn't seem reddish on me at all. Gentle sparkle in the texture of the shadow, no fallout noted; used a base and then applied slightly damp in the crease and outer V, with NYX Ultra Pearl Sahara as an all over wash and then NYX Golden Dune as a lid color extending out to the outer V. Applied liquid black liner to upper lid heavily, almost let completely dry, then smudged and smoked liner with this (Gypsy) to create more exotic, and softer look. Gorgeous. Great lasting power and blendability. Comparable to MAC quality!