BeneFit Cosmetics Lightning Golden Lotion

2.2

on 7/30/2005 10:20:00 PM

i thought this was kind of expensive for shimmer lotion, but i sprung for it because it seemed like the effect would be subtle. it was-- it takes me 4 applications for this to really show up on my legs, and it's difficult to move the product around to make the shimmer even. definitely requires a tan, this looks bad on pale skin. i'm not throwing my bottle away, but i'll never buy this again.

on 6/20/2005 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I swapped for this because I was bored. I wouldn't actually recommend it to anyone. It's cute, it's just a plain shimmery golden lotion in a tiny bottle, nothing special at all. If you're looking for a golden glow, go for Nivea Shimmer Lotion, which gives a great glow and smells fantastic.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

ICK! I remember I only purchased this product because at the time there were hardly any products like this on the market. It doesn't moisterize in the least and I only saw a very faint glow -even in direct sunlight (guess it was all on my hands!). Agree w/ everyone else, the scent is rancid. It was also way over priced. Little did I know I could have used baby oil gel & MAC shimmer and get a much better & cheaper effect!! Would never repurchase!

on 4/30/2004 4:02:00 PM

Gee, I find the cheaper glitter lotions out there have even less shimmer, or they have an obnoxious fragrance. Pale, sallow me likes Lightening, but I think it is hard to find now. Lightening leaves a subtle golden glow to my skin and provides a good base for my Kitten powder. I wash my hands after application, because my palms reminded me of the lady from Goldfinger. I think this stuff smells minty, but watch out if the applicator plugs...I squirted my face with the product while I was trying to get it unplugged!! I would buy again in spite of the price because I do not want to look like a stripper with too much glitter on, and this improves my pasty legs without looking fake.

on 4/12/2004 6:06:00 PM

Smells spoiled. If you can get past the scent, when it is mixed in with a liquid bronzer, it looks nice on legs -- but I am sure I could get this same effect with any less expensive, better smelling shimmer product. Gross 'corpse' color when used alone, though.

So sad-- everyone hates this! I agree that the smell is NASTY and the lotion can be subtle, but I find it rather nice especially on sunny days. Not a fav, but good for back-up.

This did nothing for my skin, I put a few coats on and I couldn't see the difference. Very disappointing :(

It's ok. Not as obvious as body glitter and I did get complimented on it one of the few times I've worn it. Bought it cheap on ebay. Glad I didn't pay full price! Leaves hands funny gold colour. When I run out (don't use it often so not for a long time) I will go back to dotting my high beam on my collar bone and in my clevage.

*Edit* Put this up for swap. I will stick to my Urban Decay flavoured body powders or BeneFit Kitten.

on 8/23/2003 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I gave this two stars since it didn't make me break out. Like all Benefit products I have used, this too is overpriced and under-delivers. As a lotion, it is not moisturizing. It's not really a lotion in the moisturizing sense, it's more of a paint that's been added to emulsifiers to make it a lotion. My brother found this out the hard way -- he thought it was a regular lotion and was wondering why no matter how he put on his skin felt dry! Yes -- it leaves your hands a freakish gold color! It reminds me of that James Bond movie where people turn to gold. The actual effect was hard to pull off -- it's not subtle and the color just didn't fit my skin tone. I had to apply several times to get any kind of shimmer, and then the overall effect was very shimmery but just fake. I tried using it a few times and shelved it. I remember thinking at the time that this lotion would look bad on fairer skin tones but women with olive, tan, and deeper complexions would fare better.

on 7/9/2003 10:46:00 PM

It was a huge disappointment. I was hoping to enhance my tan but instead it made me look pale. It was drying. Do not waste the money.