Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile
Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sunflower oil, stearic acid(vegetable fat) vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, coconut oil, sodium borate (natural borax), cetyl alcohol, silica, glucose, witch hazel extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomile extract, echinacea (coneflower) extract, soap bark extract, cocoa butter, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), lemon oil, cilantro oil, tarragon oil, lavandin oil, jasmine oil, xanthan gum(natural thickener), sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), menthol, glucose oxidase, and lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

on 10/21/2017 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am surprised by how much I love this stuff. I took a huge chance when I got this, and if I'd read the ingredients more carefully, I probably would not have purchased it because it has menthol in it. I had an awful reaction to their sensitive skin cleanser (painfully ironic), but I was in desperate need of a cleanser and grabbed this without looking at reviews or anything.

As soon as I put it on my skin the first time and smelled the menthol, I panicked and almost immediately washed it off. I kept waiting for the intense pain I've had from other cleansers with menthol, but it never came. Instead, the menthol remained a steady, slightly tingly, cool sensation.

Since I bought this, I've had a couple of minor, hormonal breakouts and this hasn't irritated the spots, which is basically a miracle.

It doesn't make my skin irritated or dry it out.

Unlike the sensitive skin one with cotton extract, this cleanser doesn't leave a gross residue on my skin. It washes cleanly away with no scrubbing.

I'm pretty sure this is obvious, and mentioned on the packaging, but don't get it in your eyes. Menthol and the eye area aren't a good mix.

I use this after I've taken my makeup off, or when I get up, to get off either my makeup remover or my night serum and cream, and it works great. It gets any bits of makeup I might have missed, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.

This is a 6oz tube and a little goes a very long way. I think I use a glob just big enough to go from the tip of my index finger to the top joint, and that's enough to wash my face and neck. It's also reasonably priced (I think I paid between $5 and $10), which is surprising for Burt's Bees, which I usually associate with higher prices for a drugstore brand.

on 1/22/2017 2:57:00 PM

Burts Bees cleanser is good. It did what it said it would do. It cleaned well and I like the feel of menthol when its hot outside.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I love this cleanser! I've been using it on and off for the past few years. Every so often I stray away from it (out of boredom tbh), but whenever I come back to it I wonder why I ever left!

This is a great cream cleanser for those of us sensitive to foaming cleansers. Most other cleansers leave my skin feeling tight, and usually red too, but this one is super gentle while still doing the job. Plus, it smells great and wakes me up in the morning.

My only qualm about this guy is it doesn't do anything at all for blemishes. Technically it doesn't claim to, so it's not a huge drawback, but something to be aware of.

To start: I am 25 years old, with fair, semi-sensitive, combination skin. I am not particularly acne prone and when buying this cleanser, was not looking for an acne treatment--I was only searching for a gentle temporary alternative to my typical morning cleanser (which has always been Lush's Fresh Pharmacy). I saw this in the supermarket, and decided to try it.

Again, this was intended to be used as a morning cleanser, not a night one, so I cannot speak for its ability to remove makeup. I can say that a little seems to go a long way for my skin, and when I first applied it, the initial feeling was pleasant and smooth. It wasn't drying out my face, it was creamy, and it smelled good. However, the menthol is ultimately what killed it for me.

I had not read reviews before purchasing this and did not know it contained menthol at all, so when my face started to tingle excessively, my first thought was that I was having an allergic reaction. I panicked, went over my face with water, gently patted it with a towel, and spritzed rose water on it to try and tame the sensation. The tingling receded a bit but it was still there. I calmed when I realized it didn't hurt, but the sensation was not at all pleasant. It felt like I'd washed my face with peppermint toothpaste. It wasn't until I applied my Ole Henriksen Truth Serum oil and Shiseido Ibuki moisturizer that the tingling finally seemed to go away.

This cleanser is otherwise gentle and doesn't seem to irritate my skin in the long run--I'm not getting red or dry patches, it seems to be staying fairly even toned, and I'm not seeing any unexpected acne spots, so I would've liked to stick with this cleanser more often in between my buying my preferred Lush cleansers. But the menthol is just too much. I'm tired of rushing around in the morning, trying to hurry and gather my products to temper it back.

Please consider removing the menthol, Burt's Bees.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

There is nothing wrong with this cleansers ability to clean my face, in fact it works very well. I like the creamy texture and the tingly feeling. It leaves my face grease-free but not dried out. It says on the package to keep out of the eye area, but I tried it anyway and while it does remove my waterproof mascara very good, I don't recommend it since the menthol could sting your eyes if it you're not careful.

In my country (Sweden) the price is about 15$ for 6 oz. It's OK considering that the product lasts long.

The only reason I would not repurchase is because of the smell. It's a shame since it IS a good product. Maybe it's just me, but it smells like some medicine I got as a kid (you know, the kind of medicine that's flavoured so children will like it, but they don't because, well, it's still medicine). However, this kind of thing differs from person to person and according to the other reviews, many people seem to like it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this product for about a year and have had no problems with it! It is creamy and hydrating, but still cleansing--my face always feels very fresh after. I have oily skin with many closed comedones and slight redness on my cheeks, dark circles beneath my eyes and clogged pores; I get a few breakouts here and there but my main issue is more with skin texture and quality, rather than acne. I can't say this cleanser really "helped" my skin one way or another, it definitely gets the job done though.

I probably won't be purchasing this cleanser again; I want my skin to improve, and this product just isn't cutting it anymore. Plus, it received abysmal ratings on Paula's Choice (beautypedia), apparently it, "contains several problematic ingredients for skin, especially for use around the eyes." This cleanser is decent, but there is definitely better ones out there!

on 10/9/2015 11:27:00 PM

really love the cleaning I get with this! And afterwards my face feels tight and tingling. I break out frequently but barely have in the past 8 weeks using this!

on 10/25/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! This leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft. Smells nice & lemony. I massage it into my face, then let it sit for a few minutes - it gets all tingly and fresh feeling - then I rinse it off. It doesn't seem to help my break outs - that's where ProActiv is my lifesaver!

I use a few different cleansers on my oily/combo/acne prone skin - switch them up every few days, and I like how this one feels invigorating on my face! I have several little travel size tubes that are the perfect size when I'm on the go!

EDIT 3/29/16: Removed 2 lippies. This really smells like greasy lemon donuts, and it leaves my skin feeling greasy and my pores feeling clogged. It's a very greasy feeling cleanser - like Crisco.

on 8/10/2015 11:02:00 AM

It is cooling and gentle but not suitable for oily skin. It says deep cleansing, however, it feels like a combination of cold cream and cleanser.

on 9/3/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had super dry, acne prone ,patchy, fair skin . Had being the operative word. Since using this in combination with the clary sage night cream , my skin is no longer dry, and it doesn't break out!!

This cream cleanser won't give you the squeaky clean feel like a foaming cleanser would , but that is the point ! You don't want to scrub your face to the point where you're stripping away natural oils, that will cause your body to create more oil and clog your pores. Nobody wants that :(

So, I cannot recommend this enough . To put icing on the cake, it's natural!!!! Give it a try, really, you may love it :)