Max Factor Lipfinity

Max Factor Lipfinity
Max Factor Lipfinity Swatches

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Awful. Looks so patchy and does not cover my whole lip so it ends up looking so scruffy. To top it off it's so hard to remove. Avoid.

on 8/24/2017 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loooove this lipstick!

The staying power is crazy! I put it on at 7 am, drink, eat, kiss and I still have it on at 5 pm, I only need to reapply the balm.
I have a nude shade, but I am going to the drugstore to buy more shades.

I know some people complain about it drying out your lips, but I had no problems with it and I have normally dry lips. Moisturize before and it is all good.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been using this lipstick for 7 years, and I love it so much ! It last the best for me, I hardly ever need to reapply even when eating, drinking, kissing and so on.
My go to colour is number 70 - Spicy, I apply a little bit and then use my finger to blend, this gives it a much more natural look, that last all day.
I can't hype enough how much I love these ! They last so well, only problem I have is that there isn't enough different colours, so it may take a while to find a good colour for you, but if you blend with your finger, most colours will give a natural and pretty effect. And they are quite pricy for a drugstore brand!

I hope they will bring out more colours, because these are the best lippies out there !

xx

on 1/12/2017 2:33:00 AM

Have been using Lipfinity for years and absolutely love it. Small, easy to carry around, the gloss is so soft and luxurious - not sticky at all. The only problem is that I often have a hard time finding my colour.

i hate the quality of this product. This thing only makes my lips dry and do nothing but makes me feel uncomfortable

on 7/8/2017 4:03:00 PM

Loved the lipstick and the colour, hate the gloss and its smell. Other brands have the colour and the gloss in one piece which I find more convenient.

on 1/12/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Max factor 020 ( angelic): goes on moisturizing. After about a minute I felt it dry and it gave my lips a stretched feeling. If your lips are chapped it is pronounced unless you thoroughly prepare them via exfoliating.
The color I had was : 'Angelic', a dusty pink color that is universally flattering to most skin colors. I thought the color turned slightly more fuschia at end of lips, and the point if the Cupid's bow. I also found that in my case it made my skin look extra yellow. Therefore, I had to apply more blush to compliment it. This brought out a lot of dryness in my lips. Apply it carefully or it can potentially look pro-aging.
Does this really last long? Yes! At least in my case. It lasted over 12 hours with and without the moisturizing balm it comes with.A little lipstick will come off cups and such if you really try but it's mostly the moisture and not as much color. Washing this off isn't easy, yet I found a dab of olive oil the most helpful at removing it. I did attempt to remove it with a lipscrub, and a toothbrush only to have it come off unevenly.
Colors online amazon are often not the same irl , and have limited color options. I urge you to use 'Max factors ' website instead. The 'Max factor ' website has more color options (46) ,and accurate depictions of the shades offered.

If you want to learn more about permatone technology try this article:http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/skin-and-makeup/12-hour-lipstick1.htm

Worst lipstick ever tbh. Super gloopy. It sort of flakes off sometimes and when you try to reapply it takes more product off instead of adding more on. Overall disastrous... would not recommend!

on 2/18/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have always been skeptical about "long lasting lippies" all my life.
Until I found Maxfactors' Lipfinity !
I was trying out a lot of lipsticks at Target, swatching every single lipsticks I found on my hands. But then when I was wiping them off, the only ones that stayed were Maxfactors' Lipfinity!

I use this for special occasions like parties, get togethers, or whenever I feel like I want / need a long lasting, non-transfering lip color that I don't need to constantly reapply. I don't even bring the lip color in my purse for touch ups !

It comes in a box with 2 products inside. The lip color itself and the lipbalm. The lipbalm can be bought by itself, but not the lip color.

I have 2 colors so far :
#190 (bronzed) - A perfect nude color for my lips, compliments my skin color really well.
#125 (so glamorous) - A bright red color with a bit of orange hue.

They REALLY LAST. I'm serious. It's almost scary how long lasting they are.
I tried drinking coffee with it, eating greasy stuff with it, slurping ramen with it, sleeping with it (totally forgot to clean them that one time, oops) and magically they still stay on my lips. No transfers, no smudging, no nothing.

Although, it takes some time to really master the application of this product.
Here are some of my tips on how to put these bad boys!
1. Prep your lips beforehand. I usually do my whole make up routine and the lips usually comes last. So when I started my makeup regime, I applied some lipbalm (any lipbalm. I use baby lips by Maybeline) on my lips and do the rest of my face.
2. When it's time to apply the lippie, I wipe away the balm. Leaving my lips naked but well moisturized.
3. Stretch your lips (? Anyone gets this part?) Apply thin layer of the lip color, quickly. Do not go back and forth too much & do not put too much product either. I usually do my bottom lips first, and then I do my top lip. DO NOT smack your lips together like you normally do when applying normal lipsticks. Make sure your lips are apart from each other & doesn't move too much until the lip color dries out (you can check by dabbing your finger onto your lips, when there's no mark left on your finger, it's ready for the next step)
4. Now apply the lipbalm . Done ! Do carry around the lipbalm given in the package. It can get quiet dry sometimes and reapplying the balm helps a lot!

I notice slight color change when the balm is applied, but that's probably because the balm gives a bit more shine whereas the lip color itself is very matte.
I really think it's best to prep / moisturise beforehand to avoid chapped lips when using this lip product.
And to clean them afterwards, use oil based make up remover. It's the best way to get rid of the color off your lips. I also notice that when this product comes off in small particles, unlike the normal lipsticks that just smudged away on your cotton pads.

Oh, for my Indonesian friends out there, the colors that they sell in Maxfactors booths here are very limited. Some colors that I found in Melbourne were not available in Jakarta , bummer.

**One more thing !
Not sure but I feel that the ingredients / formula in this lip color might be quiet strong (hence the super power long lastingness), so I stay away from using this product every single day because I like to give my lips a chance to breath :)

on 5/29/2016 1:01:00 PM

I am normally a big fan when it comes to Max factor. But this piece of makeup is definetely not something to recommend.
Hard to apply because it dries before you can erase the mistake.
And when you do get it like you wanted it, it will get flaky and ugly after a few (2/3) hours. Absolutely a horror to reapply, gets even more flaky.
I own the red (hot) one.