Nemat International Vanilla Musk

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Nemat International Vanilla Musk
Vanilla Musk

4.7

I purchased this scent and Narcissus and I love them both! I purchased these after seeing the good reviews and also because I've switched to oils and attars. So I thought this would be a nice oil to have since I adore vanilla and musk. I find this to be a sweet vanilla with a nice background of powdery musk. You only need a small amount and it's great for layering. I added some Egyptian goddess to this and the scent is so out of this world I love it.

This is a great oil alone or layered for sure. The scent is amazing and lasts for hours if not days on my clothes. I ordered mine as a blind buy from Amazon and I'm very happy. Also the narcissus is so good as well. I would totally purchase more of these and for the price it's a great oil. Recommended.

First off, I LOVE Nemat for having such a variety of interesting scents at affordable prices. Amber and Musk Amber in particular are amazing, and when I wear them I get lots of compliments. My feelings about Vanilla Musk do not in any way tinge my feelings about this company in general.
That said, this particular scent was not at all what I was expecting. It reminds me of maybe what a cheap, cupcake-scented body spray from the drugstore might smell like. It is very sweet, and I really don't get anything resembling musk from it. It's sort of artificial-smelling, very desserty, very simple. When I first applied it and got a whiff of that saccharine, synthetic cupcake smell, I desperately hoped it would morph into something closer to what I would expect would be described as "Vanilla Musk", but it pretty much stays the same throughout.
Part of what I love about fragrance oils is this organic quality they tend to have - like you're not necessarily wearing perfume, but you may just naturally smell that way. Vanilla Musk doesn't share that characteristic, which is a bummer.
However, this doesn't smell *bad* per se, and I know some people are really into sweet or dessert scents. If you are among these people, you might enjoy this. But otherwise, do yourself a favor and try another one of Nemat's fragrances. There are a lot of good ones worth exploring.

I feel compelled to edit this review in 2016 and add 2 more lippies. I'm not sure if this fragrance has aged really well over the years I've had it, if it grew on me, or if my preferences have changed, but I'm starting to really like it and find myself putting it on even when I'm not leaving the house and feel like putting on a soft and low key fragrance. The scent is not overly sweet after the drydown. I think a previous reviewer referred to it as "buttery", and I think that hits the nail on the head. I've been enjoying layering it with Alkemia's Divine Goddess Musk to bring out the musk a bit more. Once or twice I've layered it with Nemat's White Amber and it was an incredible fragrance - I could not stop sniffing my wrists. Perhaps Nemat should consider selling a Vanilla Musk Amber as an entirely new fragrance - it was that awesome.

I'm still not sure I'd repurchase this one, but as far as sweet and desserty fragrances go, it's quite nice.

I get butter, vanilla, sugar, and musk.
Has a candyish/bakeryish quality to it. It's really delicious if you like gourmand vanilla fragrances. Wish it were a large bottle of lasting, spray-on fragrance instead of oil, but oh well, it's just yummy as it is. Love it.

Popular Fragrances