Nemat International Vanilla Musk

Nemat International Vanilla Musk
Vanilla Musk

4.6

on 11/24/2006 5:58:00 PM

Vanilla fans, you owe it to yourself to sample this one! I don't get musk from it, just a dreamy and sweet vanilla. Light but long-lasting, it's the best vanilla oil I ever sampled. Most vanilla oils smell like candles, this is yummy!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is heaven!! Pure vanilla orchids and a very light white musk in a very inexpensive, long lasting oil! It is more vanilla than musk and it's a sweet but not overly sweet vanilla. If you love vanilla scents you have to try this. It's HG Vanilla! It reminds me very much of Il Profumo Bourbon Vanilla, which is gorgeous, but not much staying power for $80 a bottle! Nemat International in general is inexpensive luxury --- a great find!!

ADDED COMMENT: I love Nemat Oils but have to cut the oils with Jojoba oil or almond oil before applying to my skin. I developed a rash -- and just wanted to warn anyone that might be sensitive.

on 11/29/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nemat Vanilla Musk is a superb very light musk with a light vanilla. Perfect balance, very wearable, and plays well with Nemat's Light Musk nearby.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The best vanilla I've ever smelled hands down. I own a lot of fragrances, most of them vanilla based, and I love them all, but if I want something that's SURE to inspire compliments and get complete strangers asking "what are you wearing?" I wear this. My most inexpensive fragrance and my most commented on. It's truly beautiful.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you are a vanilla lover you must try this!! It is a gorgeous not-too-sweet vanilla with a hint of musk. Subtle, but great sillage. This is a wonderful scent to wear anytime, anywhere. I was lucky enough to receive this in a swap, but will be purchasing a bottle. This is very similar to Ava-Luxe's Vanilla Musk which I adore. Serena at Ava-Luxe used to have this scent in a shea oil, but has since discontinued it. I think this will layer nicely with her EDP. Try this!!

This is a sublime and simple vanilla with the barest tinge of a sweet musk. I wouldn't have any idea there was any musk at all in this if I wasn't sniffing for it, and I have a good nose for musks in general. This vanilla is sweet and natural. It doesn't lean toward a dark, vanilla extract and brown sugar smell, nor a powdery flowery vanilla orchid smell, but more the smell of a freshly macerated vanilla bean made less gourmand and a touch more perfumey than foody by its synergy with the barely perceptible musk. This oil lasts all day on me, and though the sillage isn't extreme, it's good for an oil and can be increased by maximizing its surface area on your skin. I found this little bottle for $5 at Whole Foods, and given that it's infinitely higher quality, cheaper, more portable and better for layering than all the popular vanilla eau de whatevers at Sephora and the like, I'm surprised it's not ubiquitous. But then they (and consequently we) don't pay for advertising, so it can be our secret.

on 8/2/2007 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This does smell great, however, I get more vanilla than musk from this oil. I like to layer this with white musk fragrances to bring out the musk a little more and add a little more creaminess to the musks.

I get butter, vanilla, sugar, and musk.
Has a candyish/bakeryish quality to it. It's really delicious if you like gourmand vanilla fragrances. Wish it were a large bottle of lasting, spray-on fragrance instead of oil, but oh well, it's just yummy as it is. Love it.

on 8/12/2007 3:11:00 PM

This is an Ok vanilla musk, as it has a tinge of plastic and an after-finish that smells like butter (something that works for some scents, but not for this one). I find the Nemat musks to be rather ordinary. I much prefer Kuuma Made's Vanilla Musk, as it has a soft almond note that manages to put the brakes on the sweet vanilla base. It's balanced much better than this mostly-vanilla fragrance.

on 10/12/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As a vanilla aficionado who has been avoiding my toothachingly sweet vanillas lately, Maybe I decided that at age 50 I need to be a bit more...um... grown up? It's more like a split-open vanilla bean than a sugared vanilla, and the subtle musk keeps it just this side of gourmand. There is a sweetness, but it's not the least bit candyish or cloying. I picked this one up at Whole Foods, along with three other Nemat musks (Egyptian, Himalayan and White) and this was by far my favorite. I do enjoy layering it with the Egyptian Musk sometimes for a little added depth, but it is exquisite on it's own.

Popular Fragrances