Nemat International Vanilla Musk

Vanilla Musk

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

This is a sublime and simple vanilla with the barest tinge of a sweet musk. I wouldn't have any idea there was any musk at all in this if I wasn't sniffing for it, and I have a good nose for musks in general. This vanilla is sweet and natural. It doesn't lean toward a dark, vanilla extract and brown sugar smell, nor a powdery flowery vanilla orchid smell, but more the smell of a freshly macerated vanilla bean made less gourmand and a touch more perfumey than foody by its synergy with the barely perceptible musk. This oil lasts all day on me, and though the sillage isn't extreme, it's good for an oil and can be increased by maximizing its surface area on your skin. I found this little bottle for $5 at Whole Foods, and given that it's infinitely higher quality, cheaper, more portable and better for layering than all the popular vanilla eau de whatevers at Sephora and the like, I'm surprised it's not ubiquitous. But then they (and consequently we) don't pay for advertising, so it can be our secret.

on 11/29/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nemat Vanilla Musk is a superb very light musk with a light vanilla. Perfect balance, very wearable, and plays well with Nemat's Light Musk nearby.

Popular Fragrances