Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder
CG Smoothers Pressed PowderCG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

So I am an 11 year old in 6th grade and I LOVE ❤️ this stuff!!!!! Typically I go for bare minerals or Maybelline, I love this stuff!!! I don't typically wear makeup, but if creates a very natural look when I put translucent medium (715) on my face and neck after applying untinted moisturizer on my face. It doesn't cake or clump on at all like the bare minerals face powder in 05 natural which FYI is like 20+ bucks more! So I overall give it a four star rating. The packaging is OK but a little to compact for my tastes, given that I am a 6th grader who puts it on at 7:30 in the morning everyday before school, and don't reapply it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder is ideal for dry skin. It appears to smooth skin, and reduce the look of lines around the eyes. It has coverage but it's also translucent somehow. I actually have been using this product for 14 years. But, because I have been using the product for so long, it affected my rating of it negatively. I remember when the price was much lower and the packaging was not as cheap- the compact is now flimsy with a tiny mirror instead of a larger one like they used to have that took up almost the whole inside of the lid. I know they figure that you're just going to throw it away when it's empty but that mirror is kind of a big deal; you can't see your whole face, so you can't really see what you're doing- it's essentially useless. So, aside from those things, it's a nice product. I would recommend this to a person that usually can't wear powder because of dry skin.

on 4/6/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this powder yet, I've been using it for a few years and it seriously changed my oily skin life. A bit of background, I grow up with a hippie mom that wears NO makeup, and most of my girlfriends weren't into it either. So everything I learned I had to figure out myself, hence my LATE mid-twenties discovery of pressed powder. So I am sure most of y'all that read this site understand powder and how it covers slightly and mattifies your appearance. Basically I was a big 'ole shiny greaseball (especially in pictures) until I discovered pressed powder and now I would NEVER be without it. Ever. It is my desert island beauty product. I often go out without anything but powder on, but I ALWAYS wear this powder. As long as you don't over apply it disappears seamlessly in skin and just makes you look nice and matte. I have seen it have a tiny bit of shimmer before (again I think from over applying), but it isn't bad. This does not break me out. Only reason I give it four lippies is because I have never used another powder! I never saw the reason to, but I have to believe there are few out there that feel better. Well, I take that back, I used the Mufe Microfinish HD, but it never worked well for me. I use a nice fluffy brush to apply and buff this powder, and that gives a much more seamless finish then applying with the little puff. I might reapply very sparingly with the puff during the day, but usually I just blot. I do get oily throughout the day, but even though it seems like the powder disappears I just continue to look better after applying it in the morning. It's a great (and I know, laughably basic) product. I LOVE it!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought at drug store. I read all reviews and I thought I will like it but... Too cakey and it was not good for me. Also this powder has a little be simmer on it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice affordable powder that doesn't give me acne or dry skin. I use this on it own, or in addition with my Liquid Cover girl foundation. It has a nice faint smell to it, and seems to last most of the day. I will continue to buy this product and would recommend it for anyone on a budget. It is not as good as MAC or Sephora, but good quality for it's price (around $8 CAD).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to use w CG AquaSmoothers BB. Both are approx $7 ea., so it was a bit of an investment. Why can't hardly any DS come out w a cheap oil free powder that doesn't oxidize?? This cr-p oxidized so bad. I like CG Ready Set Gorg. much better! Tbh I like Rimmel Stay Matte (packaging sux) & Physicians Formula (price pointe way too high but u get what u pay for somexs), I would def not buy this again! The mineral oil is terrible. I didn't know it had mineral oil until after I had ripped open the package (my bad! I need to look at list b4 I buy apparently haha), used it NEwayz & it made my face shiny after a short time just got worse as day went on. For the wastedness sake I'll use this up I guess but yucky mineral oil but a lot of CG powders have mineral oil like clean-normal-skin so caveat emptor. Stupid ME for not examining packaging closer now im stuck w this powder! Would never rebuy I kno Rimmel contains mineral oil down the list too but it at least doesn't make me shiny! Something in Rimmel keeps me matte longer than this >:( lucky elf has a $2 powder that is better n doesn't oxidize it's just that their containers are super small so I could use one up every week! (Main complaint about that). Sorry for the complaining if u have any semblance of oily skin stay far, far away!!

on 8/12/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to carry compacts in my purse for touch-ups while I'm outside. This is a nice drugstore pressed powder to travel with (however the CG logo got scratch off easily when I kept it on my purse.) I own this in the shade Translucent Medium and I like to wear this on top of my Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 21. It feels light weight on the skin even when it's applied with a powder puff. It does help to keep my makeup matte and not cakey at all. The best way to apply this is with the method Wayne Goss (Makeup artist) uses. First press the powder puff evenly against the pressed powder and then use your finger to flick at the puff to tap off the excess. Then wrap the powder puff around the index finger and use light dabbing motions to twist/ press the powder into the skin to keep it matte. You get a lot of product for its price so it'll last you some time. I would definitely recommend this to people who do not like to wear too much makeup and do not want to splurge their money on high end products. I will buy this again!

on 4/18/2015 12:15:00 AM

Covergirl have always been my top choice for a pressed powder. I loved the now discontinued fragrance-free powder that used to be sold in the slim, light teal colored compact back in the day, but this is a nice alternative. This holds back shine well, and has a very subtle glow to it that keep it from looking chalky or "powdery". It's very sheer, which is what I want when I'm touching up oily areas. CG removed the cloying fragrance this used to have, and it's now thankfully, fragrance free. I love the slim, pretty, dark blue colored compact, and how it mattifies my shiny t-zone without ever being heavy or cakey, so I would repurchase!

on 3/26/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Normally I use Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder, but this one is even better. The powder puff is thicker with a better texture. The Smoothers Powder also requires fewer touch ups. Typically I use this just for touch ups, but I tried it as a setting powder and it works well for that too. I recommend using the Cover Girl website to find the correct shade. They recommended "Translucent Light" which is perfect for me. Normally I would have gone with the lighter shade, which would have been too light. Their products must look darker in the package, because they recommended foundation, concealer and powder that were all darker than I would have picked, but they look perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

What a nice compact purse friendly touch up product. Goes on like soft velvet and feels lovely. Unfortunately for me it made me itch like crazy. I don't down grade the product for that, that is just me and whatever makes me itch. Same problem with their cheekers blush (and yes I tested them separately, both products did it).

Coverage is very sheer but it has the quality I look for in a good pressed powder which is to take the shine off sunscreen and downplay my redness, freckles and so forth without enhancing dry skin or wrinkles.

I got the translucent light and it worked fine with my NC 15 - 20 skin colour.

Not sure of staying power because both times I tried this before returning it this morning I itched so bad I had to wash it off within a couple of hours.

Sad because this is a worth duplicate of my Estee Lauder Lucidity compact powder in 02 Light Medium which I use all the time as a finishing powder. Not as much coverage as the mineral powder foundation from Elizabeth Arden which is also lovely, but I'm back to paying 36$ a pop for EL, and 45$ or so for EA.

Rimmel's Stay Matte is a good one but I HATE the container. I like a compact I can drag around in my purse that keeps the powder clean and safe and out of my purse.