Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

Filtered by hair type : Other
Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

4.3

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have 10 of them and I looooove them. They're soft, blendable, pigmented and color choice is more than great. I used to avoid shimmery eyeshadows but these ones (that are not from matte line) are with subtle shimmer that revives the eye (if you know what I mean). Not expensive and you can make your own palette. Will buy again!

on 3/6/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The four lippies are the grade of the eyeshadows in general. Further in the review, Ill grade each shade separately (the grade will reflect their blendability, pigmentation and simply how I like the colour).
These were the first good eyeshadows that I bought. Ive heard a lot about their quality and the array of shades is great (I think there are over 50 shades), but I usually stick to neutrals. These eyeshadows are in fact refills. Each eyeshadow comes in its own pan, with transparent cover with the shade number written on it. On the bottom of the pan is a magnet which is used to sticking (attaching) the eyeshadow into a box. You dont need to buy a palette; basically you could put the eyeshadows into any metal box. The boxes (or palettes, as I like to call them) can be bought separately. There are palettes for two eyeshadows, three eyeshadows, four eyeshadows and eight eyeshadows. The palettes are usually black, with Art Deco signature sign, but you can find palettes with decorative top cover (usually 3 pans palette) which are released with every collection and are LE. I must also mention that the camouflage and blush pans are the size of 2 eyeshadow pans. Every palette has the separate part for the brush (spoonge tip applicator), but the applicators must be bought separately.
The eyeshadows have wonderful, silky texture. Lighter shades are not as pigmented as dark shades. Most of the eyeshadows have pearly finish with some shimmer, although there are some matte and some glittery eyeshadows (I dont recommend these, because you would end up with glitter all over your face, and their texture is not nearly as nice). Most of the eyeshadows I own blends well. They have pretty good staying power, especially if used with Art Deco eyeshadow base. The price of these eyeshadows is in a medium range here they cost around $6-7 for a pan. I own these shades: 218, 299, 98, 208, 05, 92, 284 and 93.
218 a medium to dark taupe brown. It has good color payoff. (4/5)
299 a peachy pink colour, with a considerably good colour payoff, considering the fact that this is a very light shade. (5/5)
98 a light greyish-purple shade. it is not very pigmented, but still has a decent colour payoff. Blends easily. (5/5)
208 a medium to dark bronzey brown. It is my favourite colour, has good pigmentation (it is a bit darker than it seems on the swatch picture). Blends easily. (5/5) 05 a light grey, medium pigmentation. Blends easily. It looks especialy good with the shade 93 (4/5)
92 very dark purple (in the pan), which on the skin turns out as a very dark brown with purple sheen. Very pigmented, but very difficult to blend and it can simply look dirty and muddy if it is applied with a light hand (other shades look good when applied lightly). (3/5)
284 light lavender. I dont know what was I thinking when purchasing these shade as it completely clashes with my skin tone. The pigmentation is pretty strong. (3/5)
93 very light pink; it is barely visible on the skin. (2/5)
When I repurchase anothes shade, I will update the review. All in all, I find these eyeshadows are pretty good and worth the money.

I am a huge fan of these eye shadows.
At the moment, I own four of them.
I like them a lot out of following reasons: there are many colors to chose from, the color pay off is excellent, they are not expensive - but I don't like the package.
I recommend you to buy their empty palettes and put the eye shadows in there - these eye shadows are breaking quite easily.
My personal favorite is 262 - for me it's the most beautiful turquoise color ever!