Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

4.4

on 2/10/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only have one which is a matte pink called rosy starling. It's texture is incredible, so smooth an buttery. I love it, it's a true matte and it makes a great base color that doesn't wear off.
However, I didn't realize when I bought it online that it was going to be this small, It's less than a gram and it's the size of a fingertip. I also dislike the packaging, It's just a pan with a plastic sliding lid that's easy to lose. You're supposed to put it inside an empty palette they provide (no depot necessary) but that case costs about 16$ and each eyeshadow costs 10$ so it could get pricy and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I really hate it when companies make you buy a container, it's like signing up to a club, you then have to buy more of their products. I should be able to get a decently packed product without having to buy additional items.
I do like this eyeshadow a lot, and I will go on using it, but I don't think I'll buy any more eyeshadows from them and if I do, I will get an empty palette on eBay, and not any of their expensive ones.

on 10/19/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

begenerek kullaniyorum

on 3/26/2011 12:49:00 PM

These shadows are of very good quality, they blend easily and do not crease. I would really recommend them. They are of much higher quality than other drugstore brands.

on 8/2/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Artdeco is my favorite med-to-low end brand. If I don't want to splurge on a high end product, Artdeco is always the first brand I turn to. Their star products are the eyeshadows, the eyeshadow base (which many find comparable or even superior to UDPP and Too Faced SI), All in One mascara and the Glossy Lip Care, which is almost identical to MAC's Slimshines.
The eyeshadows are always sold individually and come in small rectangular pans, which are magnetized and are meant to be inserted into Artdeco's palettes. They call this ''Systeme Mosaique'' (similar to Bobbi Brown's customized palettes) and the palettes can also be used for blush, concealer or any combination of the three. The palettes themselves are cute and sleek and well made, but aren't exactly cheap considering you're basically buying a piece of plastic (about 7-15 EUR, depending on size) . They are convenient, but aren't necessary. Actually, you can use any metal case you happen to have (such as a cigarette or pencil case). The magnet is strong enough to hold the pans and they won't fall out.
I currently have about 10 of these and two palettes, a small duo for travel and a large one which can house up to 8 eyeshadow pans or a blush and 5 eyeshadows. (The blush takes up the space of three e/s pans, and the concealer two.)
The eyeshadows are very smooth, silky, blendable and quite pigmented, although some are more pigmented than others. The colour selection is quite large, but doesn't feature many unusual shades. Since I'm mostly into neutrals, I've always been able to find what I need, but I do find some shades a bit dull and/or flat. Artdeco makes 4 types of shadows - pearl (that's actually satin), matte, duochrome and glamour (glittery). I like the pearls and mattes, but the other two tend to be gritty and chunky, and don't blend as well. Still, for that price (4-5 EUR per pan) you can't really go wrong. They stay on and don't crease too much on me, but then I have dry lids. If worn with the base, they'll stay on pretty much all day.
Overall, Artdeco eyeshadows are far superior in quality and pigmentation to any other lower-end brand I've tried. I really appreciate that they offer quality products at reasonable prices - I can't always splurge on, say, Chanel duos, but still want a decent product. Artdeco's stuff fits the bill perfectly.

I am a huge fan of these eye shadows.
At the moment, I own four of them.
I like them a lot out of following reasons: there are many colors to chose from, the color pay off is excellent, they are not expensive - but I don't like the package.
I recommend you to buy their empty palettes and put the eye shadows in there - these eye shadows are breaking quite easily.
My personal favorite is 262 - for me it's the most beautiful turquoise color ever!