Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

3.5

on 2/10/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only have one which is a matte pink called rosy starling. It's texture is incredible, so smooth an buttery. I love it, it's a true matte and it makes a great base color that doesn't wear off.
However, I didn't realize when I bought it online that it was going to be this small, It's less than a gram and it's the size of a fingertip. I also dislike the packaging, It's just a pan with a plastic sliding lid that's easy to lose. You're supposed to put it inside an empty palette they provide (no depot necessary) but that case costs about 16$ and each eyeshadow costs 10$ so it could get pricy and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I really hate it when companies make you buy a container, it's like signing up to a club, you then have to buy more of their products. I should be able to get a decently packed product without having to buy additional items.
I do like this eyeshadow a lot, and I will go on using it, but I don't think I'll buy any more eyeshadows from them and if I do, I will get an empty palette on eBay, and not any of their expensive ones.

on 4/8/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have only 4 eye shadows from artdeco, and they are not bad but there are definitely better options. Some of them are too sheer, others too sparkly for my taste, there are not many interesting colors and fallout is guaranteed.
I like the magnetic palette though, cute and handy. When I'm in the mood for sparkly eye make up, use a good brush and primer the result is quite satisfying and I've received compliments, but I don't think I'll repurchase.