Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

3.9

Well, after two months I still haven't figured out whether I like these or not. I love the packaging and the price is also not that high and I certainly love the number of various colors. However, they tend to be incredible dusty a stay on for an hour - then they disappear. Not crease but disappear. Where do they go? But for some reason I like my customized duo and therefore three lippies.

on 8/1/2014 5:27:00 AM

I own 6 of the matte art deco eyeshadows I they are really good ! They are rather pricey as it was $9 NZD for 0.8 grams of eyeshadow but I'm glad I purchased them. They are buttery smooth but to the point where they are powdery ( especially the lighter shades) . However, they have great pigmentation and are super easy to blend !!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have 10 of them and I looooove them. They're soft, blendable, pigmented and color choice is more than great. I used to avoid shimmery eyeshadows but these ones (that are not from matte line) are with subtle shimmer that revives the eye (if you know what I mean). Not expensive and you can make your own palette. Will buy again!

on 3/26/2011 12:49:00 PM

These shadows are of very good quality, they blend easily and do not crease. I would really recommend them. They are of much higher quality than other drugstore brands.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have just realized that HSN is selling ARTDECO products (woo-hoo!) so I figured it might be a good idea to do a review. I have 5 colors in the refill cases. (Which are basically just black cases with clear slide-out covers....the case can be purchased on HSN as well.) I own #44 - pearly white-gold; 218 - shimmery taupe; 233 - shimmery bronze; 211 - shimmery beige; 90 - shimmery medium dark purple with hints of mauve.

Yes, they appear fairly small in size, but keep in mind they weigh in at 0.03oz net weight, and MAC weighs in at 0.04, so not as little product as you think. Also keep in mind the cost of one of these babies is $6-$7 compared to MAC's $10 for the refills. So I think you come out pretty even here.

As for the quality, I have no complaints about the colors I own. The payoff is consistently good, and the staying power is on par with MAC or UD (with UD primer potion underneath as always.)

I used to have to swap with MUAers in Europe to get my hands on these, so I am excited that you can finally get them easily in the U.S. and I'm looking forward to trying new colors!

*edit* Just noticed the ones sold on HSN are actually 0.02 oz, but mine are all 0.03. Interesting, and worth noting.

I have five of these, #36 wich is a deep golden brown, #02 which is a light steel grey, #04 which is a darker slate grey, #249 which is a very light, fresh green and #262 which is a beautiful blue green color (but sadly clashes with my own eye color).
I love these eye shadows, they are very cheap when you look at the quality, and you can buy cases to put them in as well, very original and unlike any other brand!

I got three of these. An orange one, a light blue one and a green one. The colors and finishes were all very pretty but these colors simply. won't. stay. They crease like mad and flat-out disappear on me, even when applied on top of a cream shadow like MAC's Paint Pots (I use "Painterly"). Cute idea, cute colors, meh quality :\

I am a huge fan of these eye shadows.
At the moment, I own four of them.
I like them a lot out of following reasons: there are many colors to chose from, the color pay off is excellent, they are not expensive - but I don't like the package.
I recommend you to buy their empty palettes and put the eye shadows in there - these eye shadows are breaking quite easily.
My personal favorite is 262 - for me it's the most beautiful turquoise color ever!