Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

4.1

on 7/19/2015 11:37:00 PM

Love love loving these shadows, I haven't bought Artdeco eye shadows before, but I recently repurchased an eyeliner and got a gift with purchase which was a limited edition makeup pallet (empty), this prompted me to go back the next day and check out all the great colours Artdeco offers. I bought 8 shades wondering how theyd click into place and stay in the pallet, my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I got home and found they were magnets, genius. I bought an array of pinks, browns and berry shades and Im pleased to say they have stayed in place all day long and the colours are gorgeous, little to no fall out at all. I also got another free pallet when I purchased the eyeshadows, so Im going to fill it for my niece, perfect.

I purchased from Farmers Dept Store, Auckland NZ for $9 each.

on 10/19/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

begenerek kullaniyorum

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have 10 of them and I looooove them. They're soft, blendable, pigmented and color choice is more than great. I used to avoid shimmery eyeshadows but these ones (that are not from matte line) are with subtle shimmer that revives the eye (if you know what I mean). Not expensive and you can make your own palette. Will buy again!

I have five of these, #36 wich is a deep golden brown, #02 which is a light steel grey, #04 which is a darker slate grey, #249 which is a very light, fresh green and #262 which is a beautiful blue green color (but sadly clashes with my own eye color).
I love these eye shadows, they are very cheap when you look at the quality, and you can buy cases to put them in as well, very original and unlike any other brand!

on 8/2/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Artdeco is my favorite med-to-low end brand. If I don't want to splurge on a high end product, Artdeco is always the first brand I turn to. Their star products are the eyeshadows, the eyeshadow base (which many find comparable or even superior to UDPP and Too Faced SI), All in One mascara and the Glossy Lip Care, which is almost identical to MAC's Slimshines.
The eyeshadows are always sold individually and come in small rectangular pans, which are magnetized and are meant to be inserted into Artdeco's palettes. They call this ''Systeme Mosaique'' (similar to Bobbi Brown's customized palettes) and the palettes can also be used for blush, concealer or any combination of the three. The palettes themselves are cute and sleek and well made, but aren't exactly cheap considering you're basically buying a piece of plastic (about 7-15 EUR, depending on size) . They are convenient, but aren't necessary. Actually, you can use any metal case you happen to have (such as a cigarette or pencil case). The magnet is strong enough to hold the pans and they won't fall out.
I currently have about 10 of these and two palettes, a small duo for travel and a large one which can house up to 8 eyeshadow pans or a blush and 5 eyeshadows. (The blush takes up the space of three e/s pans, and the concealer two.)
The eyeshadows are very smooth, silky, blendable and quite pigmented, although some are more pigmented than others. The colour selection is quite large, but doesn't feature many unusual shades. Since I'm mostly into neutrals, I've always been able to find what I need, but I do find some shades a bit dull and/or flat. Artdeco makes 4 types of shadows - pearl (that's actually satin), matte, duochrome and glamour (glittery). I like the pearls and mattes, but the other two tend to be gritty and chunky, and don't blend as well. Still, for that price (4-5 EUR per pan) you can't really go wrong. They stay on and don't crease too much on me, but then I have dry lids. If worn with the base, they'll stay on pretty much all day.
Overall, Artdeco eyeshadows are far superior in quality and pigmentation to any other lower-end brand I've tried. I really appreciate that they offer quality products at reasonable prices - I can't always splurge on, say, Chanel duos, but still want a decent product. Artdeco's stuff fits the bill perfectly.

on 7/1/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased my first Artdeco eyeshadow and Im in love already. I bought # 34, which is a golden shimmery brown. I bought the Beauty Box Quattro to store it in, which can fit up to four eyeshadows or one eyeshadow and one blush and I ended up getting the # 11 blush to go with it. I have already become a huge fan of the eyeshadows and absolutely cannot wait until my next purchase. I also use the Artdeco eyeshadow base which makes all my eyeshadows, no matter what the brand, stay on until its washed off ;)

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I mainly like this product since I found the perfect shade of green to complement my eye color. It is 246 and has a slightly shimmer or shimmery look to it. I use it to do a line under the eye on top of my green amkeup pencil.

Pacaging is also something I have not decided if I like or not. I have not bought the palette to put is in, it is as an individual eyeshadow in my makeup bag. It is small, but I feel that the cover is not strong enough, sometimes I find that it has come off. I suppose it is meant to be in a palette and not individually. At the same time I like that it is so small and does not take much space when travelling.

on 8/1/2014 5:27:00 AM

I own 6 of the matte art deco eyeshadows I they are really good ! They are rather pricey as it was $9 NZD for 0.8 grams of eyeshadow but I'm glad I purchased them. They are buttery smooth but to the point where they are powdery ( especially the lighter shades) . However, they have great pigmentation and are super easy to blend !!

on 2/10/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only have one which is a matte pink called rosy starling. It's texture is incredible, so smooth an buttery. I love it, it's a true matte and it makes a great base color that doesn't wear off.
However, I didn't realize when I bought it online that it was going to be this small, It's less than a gram and it's the size of a fingertip. I also dislike the packaging, It's just a pan with a plastic sliding lid that's easy to lose. You're supposed to put it inside an empty palette they provide (no depot necessary) but that case costs about 16$ and each eyeshadow costs 10$ so it could get pricy and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I really hate it when companies make you buy a container, it's like signing up to a club, you then have to buy more of their products. I should be able to get a decently packed product without having to buy additional items.
I do like this eyeshadow a lot, and I will go on using it, but I don't think I'll buy any more eyeshadows from them and if I do, I will get an empty palette on eBay, and not any of their expensive ones.

on 3/26/2011 12:49:00 PM

These shadows are of very good quality, they blend easily and do not crease. I would really recommend them. They are of much higher quality than other drugstore brands.