Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

Filtered by age: 19-24
Artdeco Eyeshadow - General Review

3.6

Well, after two months I still haven't figured out whether I like these or not. I love the packaging and the price is also not that high and I certainly love the number of various colors. However, they tend to be incredible dusty a stay on for an hour - then they disappear. Not crease but disappear. Where do they go? But for some reason I like my customized duo and therefore three lippies.

on 2/10/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only have one which is a matte pink called rosy starling. It's texture is incredible, so smooth an buttery. I love it, it's a true matte and it makes a great base color that doesn't wear off.
However, I didn't realize when I bought it online that it was going to be this small, It's less than a gram and it's the size of a fingertip. I also dislike the packaging, It's just a pan with a plastic sliding lid that's easy to lose. You're supposed to put it inside an empty palette they provide (no depot necessary) but that case costs about 16$ and each eyeshadow costs 10$ so it could get pricy and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I really hate it when companies make you buy a container, it's like signing up to a club, you then have to buy more of their products. I should be able to get a decently packed product without having to buy additional items.
I do like this eyeshadow a lot, and I will go on using it, but I don't think I'll buy any more eyeshadows from them and if I do, I will get an empty palette on eBay, and not any of their expensive ones.

on 4/8/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have only 4 eye shadows from artdeco, and they are not bad but there are definitely better options. Some of them are too sheer, others too sparkly for my taste, there are not many interesting colors and fallout is guaranteed.
I like the magnetic palette though, cute and handy. When I'm in the mood for sparkly eye make up, use a good brush and primer the result is quite satisfying and I've received compliments, but I don't think I'll repurchase.

on 3/6/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

The four lippies are the grade of the eyeshadows in general. Further in the review, Ill grade each shade separately (the grade will reflect their blendability, pigmentation and simply how I like the colour).
These were the first good eyeshadows that I bought. Ive heard a lot about their quality and the array of shades is great (I think there are over 50 shades), but I usually stick to neutrals. These eyeshadows are in fact refills. Each eyeshadow comes in its own pan, with transparent cover with the shade number written on it. On the bottom of the pan is a magnet which is used to sticking (attaching) the eyeshadow into a box. You dont need to buy a palette; basically you could put the eyeshadows into any metal box. The boxes (or palettes, as I like to call them) can be bought separately. There are palettes for two eyeshadows, three eyeshadows, four eyeshadows and eight eyeshadows. The palettes are usually black, with Art Deco signature sign, but you can find palettes with decorative top cover (usually 3 pans palette) which are released with every collection and are LE. I must also mention that the camouflage and blush pans are the size of 2 eyeshadow pans. Every palette has the separate part for the brush (spoonge tip applicator), but the applicators must be bought separately.
The eyeshadows have wonderful, silky texture. Lighter shades are not as pigmented as dark shades. Most of the eyeshadows have pearly finish with some shimmer, although there are some matte and some glittery eyeshadows (I dont recommend these, because you would end up with glitter all over your face, and their texture is not nearly as nice). Most of the eyeshadows I own blends well. They have pretty good staying power, especially if used with Art Deco eyeshadow base. The price of these eyeshadows is in a medium range here they cost around $6-7 for a pan. I own these shades: 218, 299, 98, 208, 05, 92, 284 and 93.
218 a medium to dark taupe brown. It has good color payoff. (4/5)
299 a peachy pink colour, with a considerably good colour payoff, considering the fact that this is a very light shade. (5/5)
98 a light greyish-purple shade. it is not very pigmented, but still has a decent colour payoff. Blends easily. (5/5)
208 a medium to dark bronzey brown. It is my favourite colour, has good pigmentation (it is a bit darker than it seems on the swatch picture). Blends easily. (5/5) 05 a light grey, medium pigmentation. Blends easily. It looks especialy good with the shade 93 (4/5)
92 very dark purple (in the pan), which on the skin turns out as a very dark brown with purple sheen. Very pigmented, but very difficult to blend and it can simply look dirty and muddy if it is applied with a light hand (other shades look good when applied lightly). (3/5)
284 light lavender. I dont know what was I thinking when purchasing these shade as it completely clashes with my skin tone. The pigmentation is pretty strong. (3/5)
93 very light pink; it is barely visible on the skin. (2/5)
When I repurchase anothes shade, I will update the review. All in all, I find these eyeshadows are pretty good and worth the money.

on 7/1/2009 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased my first Artdeco eyeshadow and Im in love already. I bought # 34, which is a golden shimmery brown. I bought the Beauty Box Quattro to store it in, which can fit up to four eyeshadows or one eyeshadow and one blush and I ended up getting the # 11 blush to go with it. I have already become a huge fan of the eyeshadows and absolutely cannot wait until my next purchase. I also use the Artdeco eyeshadow base which makes all my eyeshadows, no matter what the brand, stay on until its washed off ;)

I got three of these. An orange one, a light blue one and a green one. The colors and finishes were all very pretty but these colors simply. won't. stay. They crease like mad and flat-out disappear on me, even when applied on top of a cream shadow like MAC's Paint Pots (I use "Painterly"). Cute idea, cute colors, meh quality :\

on 11/18/2006 5:39:00 AM

these eyeshadows come in single pan refils so they're small and tiny and easily misplaced, but they're magnetised so you just need to buy yourself the palette - and they all fit in nicely. the magnets are pretty strong, so you can turn the palette upside down and it wont fall out.

these i think are available generally in europe only - but they're really reasonably priced (ie. cheap) and the quality is pretty good. they're soft and nicely pigmented and have rather good lasting power. continued >>