Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting lipstick Vanilla Truffle

Estee Lauder Pure Color Long lasting  lipstick Vanilla Truffle

3.4

on 12/12/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got it as a gift I still regret not testing on the counter before putting it on, so that I can determine if I need to return it.

The package is lovely, the smell is nice, the finish is satiny but not obnoxious, the application is easy. The texture is very creamy and I didn't like it so much, it feels extremely buttery, like it's going to melt from your body heat and it moves along the lips too much.

I don't know about the staying power, because I didn't leave the house with it. The colour makes me look dead. No kidding. Dead on my feet. Washes me out so badly it's not even funny. I should have known that. My skin leans towards fair and cool toned and I know this looks great on women with medium tan warm skin, because it looks lovely on a friend of mine with that skin. I can't explain what came over me and I tested it at home.

Tried it with a couple of different liners, but had no luck, because the lipstick pigmentation overpowers the liners. Only way to make it work was to mix it with other lipsticks, but I find that tiring. Anyway, I gave it to my friend who can use it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Ahhh my favourite nude lipstick yet! I wear it all the time it looks good with pretty much any makeup look. I wore it for my prom and had so many compliments, the packaging is very pretty, the price is reasonable (around 20) and it lasts me for ages, I don't reapply very often which is a positive so glad i found this shade!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

So wanted to love this product!
No matter how much I exfoliate and moisturise my lips, this lipstick looks SO dry. Lovely colour for S/S but just cannot get it to look good on my lips :(

I got this a while ago and it is now sadly discontinued. Goregous true nude....kinda chalky on my very pigmented lips but looks great when mixed with NARS chelsea girls lip laquer. The perfect nude. Very creamy but needs a lip liner because it is so light. Gorgeous packaging too. Sad that it's been discontinued though.

on 2/28/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best nude color I've found ...so far. It goes well with my cool skin tone. It isnt drying -which is a major plus. Although I never use this by itself. I always apply a balm underneath (obviously), and I also apply a pink gloss -either before or after this lipstick. If I use it straight up by itself, it looks like concealer. The pink gloss gives it just enough color so that I dont looked washed out. It is difficult for me to find a nude that is moisturizing, and ...not too muddy, not too orange, not mauve, not too light, and not too dark. I tried many MAC nude lipsticks, and they were all too drying. Even though MAC has great colors, shriveled up lips are not appealing.